PDA

View Full Version : student discount

Wendy Moriarty
21-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Hi
I've just started a full time jewellery course at Northenden campus and was wondering if you offered student discount on tools, I've been a customer of yours for months now and hope to be for many years to come, but the kit needed for college is fairly extensive totaling approx £280+vat, I would like to be able to get it all from you rather than trying to find cheaper alternatives, but I as I also need some silver wire and beads it's rather a lot for one outlay.
Eagerly awaiting your response
Wendy
ps have been telling all the students about this forum and recomending it, and you as suppliers:Y:

stu_clouds
22-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Its unlikely, thats like asking a book shop situated on a uni campus if they give discount for students? but good luck.

wheely
22-09-2010, 09:55 PM
All my college books were discounted if I bought them on campus........but I doubt this place does.

caroleallen
23-09-2010, 08:10 AM
I believe other suppliers do discount for students, so fingers crossed! It would be a good way for Cookies to build loyalty early on in the students' careers.

kymbi
23-09-2010, 09:47 AM
I believe other suppliers do discount for students, so fingers crossed! It would be a good way for Cookies to build loyalty early on in the students' careers.

I agree - I found it very useful to get a discount when I was a student, but this was with a couple of other well-known suppliers.

Laceyloudesign
23-09-2010, 10:06 PM
I would certainly appreciate it as well, as an MA art and design student who is using jewellery in my work... even just a small amount... every little helps as a student.

caroleallen
24-09-2010, 07:32 AM
The silence is deafening!

Wendy Moriarty
24-09-2010, 08:07 PM
I did recieve a phone call from cooksons regarding this, but was on my way to college, the lady said they don't normally do discount but if I give her my list they may be able to do something, I didn't have list with me and found it hard to hear as we have a very old and noisey vw t25, so I had to call her back the next day, but the next day I was at the hospital and by the time I got home the person I needed to speak to had left, this person was not in on fri so I will have to call back on mon. This is just to let you know the post was not ignored and I'm still hopefull having discovered that quite a few suppliers do offer student discount :-)
Wendy

Joe
24-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Good for Cookies! A very positive result. I hope they follow through.

apollinaire35
11-03-2011, 12:53 PM
oh the student discount, not fair !

Redrocks
01-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Wendy, What was the out come in the end