PDA

View Full Version : Wine Glass charm findings

Peaches
07-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Im putting this question to the forums, as I have been searching high and low for these. Im looking for the wineglass charm findings, just the metal ring. Im doing my friend's baby shower and would like to make some charms for all the ladies to take home, however I cannot find these findings anywhere.:help: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!:help:

:ta:

Petal
07-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Im putting this question to the forums, as I have been searching high and low for these. Im looking for the wineglass charm findings, just the metal ring. Im doing my friend's baby shower and would like to make some charms for all the ladies to take home, however I cannot find these findings anywhere.:help: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!:help:

:ta:

Hi and welcome to the forum Peaches, :~:

I think you mean the wire that is placed around the stem of the glass? If so, the only way I know of is using memory wire, which is stainless steel and springs back to shape and is ideal for wineglass charms, you just need to order 'ring' size memory wire. I have to pre-warn you, its not easy to work with (as I have found), and you need to use memory wire snippers, as they will ruin/break other cutters. I have seen them made with ear hoops, but they don't look very secure to me. Others may have some other way of making them and I'm sure they'll let you know.

Here's a link from the forum about memory wire.

http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118

I have a question for you - are they popular?

Good luck with your search and let me know how you get on.

Jules x

julie
07-08-2009, 04:22 PM
i have made them from ear hoops or you can make your own wrapping wire round a ring mandrel or plastic pipe :Y:

Peaches
11-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Hi Petal

Thank you for all the advice! :ta:

I have heard memory wire is a complete nightmare to work with, so I haven't ventured into using it just yet!

Solunar Silver Studio
11-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Hi Peaches...if you don't mind if you have gold or silver plated wires there is a link here....

http://www.justbeads.co.uk/wine-glass-ring-plated-each-p-1252.html

If you just google 'wine glass rings' there are quite a lot of places that do them...there are a few memory wire ones that you can get by adding 'memory wire' to the above search - but these are simply ring sized pieces of memory wire that you still have to cut and loop yourself....these people aren't daft you know....they leave the hard stuff for you to do!

I tried memory wire - just the once - and I found it really, really hard to manipulate so I personally wouldn't recommend it..but others would probably disagree! I guess it is all down to the right technique, the right tools and the right temperament - and I had none of them!!:D