PDA

View Full Version : college course

Wendy Moriarty
14-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Hi
I've got an interview on fri for a jewellery course. not sure if it will be full or art time, e full time is full, but there have been 2 no shows, so I have a chance. I'm realy excited about it[-o<
Wendy

MuranoSilver
15-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Good luck Wendy and hope you get in :Y:
:))) Rooting for you! :)))
Nic x

FacetNation
15-09-2010, 06:15 PM
best of luck! let us know how it went!

fi79
15-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Good luck Wendy! I know how you feel. I start my Saturday morning course on 2 October and can't wait!!!!!

FiredSilver
17-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Oooh Wendy, let me know how it goes (or went!!)

Becci
x

Wendy Moriarty
17-09-2010, 03:41 PM
I got in on the full time course, even though she has full qouta (there is one no show, but if she turns up she will have 19 instead of 18) I am very excited and a little apprehensive :-)
Wendy

ps_bond
17-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Congratulations!

How long does it run?

Wendy Moriarty
17-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Congratulations!

How long does it run?
It's two years 15 hours a week, 2 1/2 days, it's a BTEC National Diploma in Jewellery
Wendy

ani_b
17-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Well done. How exciting. Can I ask where it is? I think you're quite local to me :-)

Wendy Moriarty
17-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Well done. How exciting. Can I ask where it is? I think you're quite local to me :-)
It's at Northenden, but classed as City college Manchester, they also have a part time evening course, and one that is about restoring jewellery and I can't remember what else as it wasn't the one I was interested in. I also found day silversmithing courses at The Potters Barn Cheshire, £110 for a day including lunch, hope this info is of use to you :-)
Wendy

ani_b
17-09-2010, 10:11 PM
sounds great. I'm booked onto the Potters Barn course, can't wait and hopefully a PMC introduction one too.

FacetNation
18-09-2010, 01:57 PM
congrats on getting into the course! :D

Wendy Moriarty
18-09-2010, 06:25 PM
sounds great. I'm booked onto the Potters Barn course, can't wait and hopefully a PMC introduction one too.
I did the pmc introduction day course and it's great, it gives you the confidence to go home and have a go with it, I'm quite pleased (only a couple went wrong) with the pmc rings and pendants I've made since the course
Wendy

ani_b
18-09-2010, 10:49 PM
I did the pmc introduction day course and it's great, it gives you the confidence to go home and have a go with it, I'm quite pleased (only a couple went wrong) with the pmc rings and pendants I've made since the course
Wendy

That sound great, I'm definitely hoping for it to give me a bit more confidence!! I looked at the Manchester City courses and they all look brilliant!! You're so lucky to be going on one, definitely let us know what it's like. When do you start?

Wendy Moriarty
21-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Hi
I've done two days at college so far and am loving it, made a key ring and been practising with the piercing saw, it's an early start and quite a shock to the system for me, came home and went almost straight to bed after first day, but am still awake today
Wendy

ani_b
24-09-2010, 11:26 PM
Glad it's going well. I'm on the Potter's Barn course on Sunday, can't wait!! :-)

FiredSilver
26-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Hi
I've done two days at college so far and am loving it, made a key ring and been practising with the piercing saw, it's an early start and quite a shock to the system for me, came home and went almost straight to bed after first day, but am still awake today
Wendy

Just catching up, I've been teaching and then doing Cheshire Open Studios! Well done on getting in, the course sounds fantastic! Hope you soon get used to the early mornings LOL!!!

Becci
xx