PDA

View Full Version : Official Complaint :-p

bustagasket
07-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Would you please all stop being so bloody talented and knowing how to do everything and do it well, it is so frustrating when everything goes over my head #-oand i look at what i can do until i got back to class and i just want to scream. :(|

Studying books was never my strong point although i love reading them and pour over the pictures but i just dont have a mind where things sink in unless i am physically doing it over and over. I should have started this years ago and am kicking mysself that i didnt pluck up the courage to.

I get so bloody frustrated that i sit here in tears wondering if i will ever be able to pull this off, especially when i hate trying to sell anything.

I nee a ruddy miracle lol[-o<

Lindyloo
07-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I know how you feel Su. It's no wonder that some of us don't feel confident enough to put any pictures of our work up. But I've decided that visiting the forum is a compromise between feeling inadequate and learning new things. And so far, I have learnt something new every day. So it makes it really worthwhile.

Yesterday I learnt about rummaging through skips for free scraps of copper to practise on (yet to find any though). I've learnt about the use of baby wipes on PMC for a highly polished finish. I've learnt what the fins on a barrel polisher are for. I've learnt how to keep my tools rust free. I've learnt how other jewellers make their money. And the list goes on and on.

So fight off those feelings and keep acting like a sponge.

Linda:X

bustagasket
07-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah i love learning all th stuff but i want to put it into practise lol

Coco
08-08-2009, 12:43 PM
I've learnt how to keep my tools rust free.

Any chance you know how to get rust out of clothes?

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Please stop being so hard on yourself. I feel like that from time to (lots of times). I'm sure most people here do. It's all just practise, trial and error and hanging in there. So there. Aye. :)

ps_bond
08-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Any chance you know how to get rust out of clothes?

Lemon juice!

The Bijou Dragon
08-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Su, practice makes perfect... you should have seen some of the stuff I made when I first started... I'm totally ashamed now but I know it was all a learning process!

Please don't cry, I know exactly how you feel, I often see things I think WOW... I wish I could make that and then start comparing someone who's been doing silver stuff for 40 with mine and it just ain't right. In 40 years time, people will be looking at my stuff and thinking the same as I am now and the same goes for your stuff too!!

Don't make me come to your house and duff you up you silly mare ;)[]

bustagasket
08-08-2009, 02:53 PM
EEP!!!! I get upset from frustration very easily but pleaseeeeeeee sdont beat me up mrs :-s

Coco
08-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Lemon juice!

Really? I might just give that a bash then! Wait it's not gonna do something awful like turn the rust stains bright pink is it?

bustagasket
08-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Really? I might just give that a bash then! Wait it's not gonna do something awful like turn the rust stains bright pink is it?

only if your names Coco...............oopsie#-o

Petal
08-08-2009, 08:39 PM
This recommendation comes from my MumIL :D - The one thing with ANY stain is NOT to put it in the washing machine before you've had a go at trying to remove it, because it won't get the stain out, it will fix it in. To get most stains out make up a paste of washing powder and brush onto the fabric with a nailbrush or toothbrush, then wash out with COLD water, then put into the washing machine - that usually does the trick. For really stubborn stuff a drop of eucalyptus oil onto the stain - then a quick scrub and into the machine .:Y: I've had countless foodie stains removed from my favourite clothes !!

good luck
Jules x:~:

Coco
09-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Well now I don't know what to believe!!! :juggle:

If you use a toothbrush, when you next clean your teeth, you'll taste washing powder. Have beautiful nice white teeth though :D :rofl:

ps_bond
10-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Sorry for the short post - I'm not that keen on the IPod virtual keyboard, so things tend to be a bit truncated.

Lemon juice will react with rust stains on washable fabrics, but you need to be fairly quick to nobble it. There seems to be a few variations on the theme, what I've done before is just soak the stain in lemon juice for a few hours then wash. Try not to let it dry first. There's some suggestions to pour salt onto the stain as well as the juice... Not tried that.

Other methods include the use of oxalic acid - and I've even seen some suggestions to use "Naval Jelly", which is a thickened dilute phosphoric acid used for rust removal (closest thing in the UK I know of is one of the Jenolite rust removers).

Hmm, I wonder if a mashed up rhubarb stalk would remove a rust stain? There's some oxalic acid in that...
Added - more searching: http://www.tipking.co.uk/tip/5444.html
So, stew the rhubarb then use the liquid - and eat the rhubarb?

caroleallen
10-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Don't even start me on stains! I've got a banana stain on a new shirt and it just won't shift!

On the subject of feeling inadequate, I've just had a week at the Birmingham Jewellery School and came away wondering why I bother. It's all relative really as we're all at different levels of the food chain.

bustagasket
10-08-2009, 04:08 PM
what a weird direction this post took lmao

EmmaRose
10-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Su
trust me we all have days (or weeks or months or eternities) like that. Human nature to doubt your own work and wish you were like others. I certainly don't feel talented or clever (I know alot of theory and read alot but putting it into practice, well it never quite works the same :(|)
hugs
Em
[]

bustagasket
10-08-2009, 09:36 PM
i guess i just frustrate easily :-s