PDA

View Full Version : I thought I might as well join this forum

Goldsmith
23-08-2010, 09:55 AM
My name is James Miller FIPG, and I write on a few other forums, so I thought I might as well join this one as I have been a Cookson customer ever since they took over the business of Johnson Matthey. I was a Johnson Matthey customer before that, starting in the days when Johnson Matthey had premises in Poland Street, Soho.
I have been a working goldsmith ever since completing my six year apprenticeship in 1967. I started at the age of 15 in 1961 as a goldsmith apprentice at a company called Padgett & Braham, a company that employed many goldsmiths and silversmiths, but sadly is no longer in business.

ps_bond
23-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Hi James - fantastic to have you here, I'm looking forward to your input.
Will you be posting some of your work in the gallery?

Goldsmith
23-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Hi Peter,
I have posted some photos of my work on my album.

James

lorraineflee
23-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Hi James. fancy seeing you here!!
Lorraine

DragonflyLynne
23-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Hello James, great to meet you :)

Dennis
24-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Welcome to the Forum James. Did you go into Blundells too? They were a lovely company and very patient with beginners, but I knew someone who got banned from there for disputing the amount of scrap they had left with them. Kind regards, Dennis.

Goldsmith
24-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the Forum James. Did you go into Blundells too? They were a lovely company and very patient with beginners, but I knew someone who got banned from there for disputing the amount of scrap they had left with them. Kind regards, Dennis.

Yes Dennis, I had my first gold account with Blundells. This was in the days when you had to get a gold license from the Bank of England to enable you to buy gold bullion. I used my Grandfather's business address to get my gold licence as he was an engraver with a workshop above the precious stone shop, Callipe and Detmer, in Poland Street.

Ominicci
31-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Hello from me :~:

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G work in your Album!!!!!!