PDA

View Full Version : Swanky Maison

bobbieblue
20-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Hi I'm new to this forum so please bear with me! Has anyone out there been selling their jewellery on the Swanky Maison website? I have been excepted as a seller but and my initial impression is good. Their website is great and they have some lovely products, but its fairly new and with an initial layout of £99 plus they take 30% commission - would love to get some feedback.

Shaun750
20-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Bloody hell!! There's so many online ways to sell now.I've never heard of it,but I'd never heard of artfire and etsy until last year.
It seems extortionate,but if your making a profit,that's all that counts.
I'm concentrating on Etsy,for the time being 20 cence for 3 month(although you need to re-list often) and 3% commision. I'm gonna give up on Ebay for a few of the things i put on there.
I suppose it's all down to marketing.

wheely
20-08-2010, 01:17 PM
I've never heard of artfire!

Shaun750
20-08-2010, 07:05 PM
I've never heard of artfire!

Me neither until i went looking,there is another one dwando or something forgetable. Artfire might be good,but it was so difficult to join so I never bothered.They have a basic package and it's totally free,not even comission,but then they have a $15 dolar(could be wrong here) a month for all bells and whistles.
If you sign up and then ignore them they will send you an offer for the full package for $1 for first month, I think you can cancel at any time??I still never bothered??
People say it's got all the functions that disgruntaled etsy people wanted google shi...er? stuff ? I probably will join it sooner or later.

Petal
22-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Hiya,
I think Elel jewellery and also Silverkiss use Swanky Maison to sell some of their pieces and they seem to be a professionally laid out website with good quality items for a fair price. I haven't sold anything on the Swanky site, but you get what you pay for, so in your situation I'd give it a go.

FacetNation
22-08-2010, 05:37 PM
wow - 30% does seem quite steep in the way of commission, especially for an online shop.
the site does look very professional, and I hope they are marketing their sellers as well as they say they will! if thats the case, there is potential to do very well there.
good luck to you! :)
there are too many sites like this, it can be a headache choosing which ones to join!