PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best way to take finger prints from children who are not present

fuller81
10-08-2010, 06:07 PM
I know its best to do them when the child is present but i want to be able to offer my services to some friends i have up north and i cant get to them when they want them for, can anyone recommend the best mould taker or finger print taker thats available and where i can get it from

Thanks

Joanna

Wendy Moriarty
10-08-2010, 08:45 PM
I have not tried it for finger prints but would imagine silligum would be ok, it comes in two parts, is clay type texture, you have to mix both parts together and it sets in five mins. you can also get a similar one in small amounts from an online store I think it's 'silverclay', it sells clay, texture mats, cutters, molding compound and tools sorry I don't know how to do links, hope this helps

MuranoSilver
11-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Cooksons sell the 2 part moulding compound Siligum Moulding Compound 2 X 150g Parts - Cooksongold.com (http://www.cooksongold.com/Precious-Metal-Clay/Siligum-Moulding-Compound-2-X-150g-Parts-prcode-700-520)
silverclay.co.uk sell that one plus some others (I've found siligum to be the easiest to use & have the best results)
Nic x

fuller81
12-08-2010, 10:34 AM
yeah thats what i got i tried it with my 8 mth old and got little detail but i guess thats cos shes too young to have much detail will try again with an older child,

Thanks again x

MuranoSilver
12-08-2010, 10:58 AM
As a very rough guide about 18 months old is when they start getting better definition for finger printing

Dennis
12-08-2010, 01:41 PM
As a very rough guide about 18 months old is when they start getting better definition for finger printing

That's why hardened villains send their crawling infants through the cat flap to do the burglary and hang around outside for the proceeds.

bruggen
12-08-2010, 10:40 PM
ha ha ha liked that one=D>

fuller81
13-08-2010, 12:07 PM
very good ill get my little girl trained up !

Oberon
27-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Cooksons sell the 2 part moulding compound, silverclay.co.uk sell that one plus some others (I've found siligum to be the easiest to use & have the best results)
Nic x

Nic, hi.

could you reccomend the best way of getting it from the Moulding compound onto the silver clay? i.e. using a resin, polymer clay, plaster of paris etc. I have a couple of people too far away to do the straight into clay method and can't afford to get it wrong as I am just starting out....

Sarah

Signature Silver
27-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Hi Sarah
You just make a reversal of the print with the moulding compound and press this into the clay.
So take the print in the compound, wait for it to harden, put a very thin lining of badger balm etc onto the print then press some moulding compound into the print and wait to set, you can then use this reversed print in the clay.

Oberon
27-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Thank you! Such a simple answer, doh :-).

Sarah