PDA

View Full Version : Casting, filigree pendant and antique purse

bustagasket
30-07-2010, 02:01 PM
I have had the absolute pleasure of being taught casting by my dear friend Jason John, and so I am posting the results of my first two casts which came off without a hitch. They need a little finishing and the stone needs to be set but I am delighted with the results. also the filigree pendant is from before Pete left me in November but never got posted so i thought i would do it here, not staged so quality of the photo is crap. And finally, when i was a little girl (many many moons ago) and my nan passed away i found a blackened chainmaille purse which i fell in love with. the only thing wrong with is it one of the balls is missing from the bottom, but i finally took a deep breath and put it in the tumbler to see how it would turn out and i am so chuffed, it has come out beautifully.

DragonflyLynne
30-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Lovely! I'm very impressed with the casting, and the purse is fab! :)

Penny
31-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Lovely filigree, really beautifully done, and I like your castings too!!! Wow, and I have an antique purse too, never thought of putting it in the tumbler, great idea!!!

bustagasket
31-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks girls, hope you have as much success with your purse as i did Penny :)

HannahJewelleryDesigns
01-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Su they look fab! And im really pleased you are happy with them- you should be!
That purse is lovely- do you think you might have a go at making a replacement for the missing part?
:Y:

bustagasket
01-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Su they look fab! And im really pleased you are happy with them- you should be!
That purse is lovely- do you think you might have a go at making a replacement for the missing part?
:Y:

I am hoping that when i have more experience with casting that i might be able to make a mould and recast a ball :)

HannahJewelleryDesigns
01-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Ah good plan, I'll look forward to seeing that one! :)

stu_clouds
01-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Well done on your castings, What method did you use to do the casting?

Stu

bustagasket
01-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Well done on your castings, What method did you use to do the casting?

Stu

delft clay :)