PDA

View Full Version : Dazzle

Caroline Foulkes
05-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Hi,

have any of you ever been to one of the Dazzle events? they take place in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester and London every year and there's some lovely stuff on show, all price ranges. http://www.dazzle-exhibitions.com/dazzle/

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 09:05 PM
No i havent i am afraid.

Solunar Silver Studio
06-08-2009, 06:59 AM
I accidently went to one at Manchester Town Hall years ago...long before I started thinking about making jewellery...in fact I was after inspiration for a textiles project I was doing based on Victorian architecture...so I had gone more for the fantastic building it was housed in than the jewellery exhibition!! I did have a look round though. I seem to remember it being rather expensive...and stuff I wouldn't have bought anyway as it was all a bit too 'cutting edge'! I might view it differently now of course...viewing it as a jewellery maker and knowing what goes into making it!! I think I'll try to get to the Manchester one again this year and see if my view has changed!!

MuranoSilver
06-08-2009, 08:20 AM
No but I often look at the London one and think I ought to! :)
Nic x

Coco
16-08-2009, 10:34 PM
I've been to the one in London a few times. It can vary, last year's was awesome and totally inspiring but the year before was a bit meh, really.

caroleallen
17-08-2009, 07:09 AM
I found the London one accidentally a few years ago and found it totally awesome. It's disappointing from my point of view that they only take work from graduates (or so they say). I'd love to be able to show my work there.

Coco
17-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Do they? I'm sure I've seen people exhibit there who claim to be self taught. Although maybe they were self taught for a bit and then went and got a degree or something :rolleyes:

caroleallen
07-09-2009, 07:22 AM
I think you're right Coco. I think they say that to stop people applying, as you have to be invited to exhibit, and many people get spotted at their university exhibitions. It would be really exciting to exhibit there. In my dreams I-)

Coco
08-11-2009, 06:37 PM
London dazzle starts tomorrow! :dance:

Jayne
08-11-2009, 07:06 PM
anyone going?
J x

Emerald
08-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Dazzle exhibitions have been going as long as i can remember and they where always graduates but it looks like the online shop includes allsorts Nick Hubbard is in there but wether you have had to be a graduate and shown with them before i dont know

AlexandraBuckle
09-11-2009, 09:26 AM
the online shop is quite new i believe - they emailed me about it a few weeks ago, though sadly not inviting me to put my work up, lol!
Not entirely sure how I ended up on their mailing list though...