PDA

View Full Version : Gah! Warning: Contains moaning lol

The Bijou Dragon
05-08-2009, 03:57 PM
The house we were looking at in Hayle was let on Monday :(

We're having a bit of a tough time of it because alot of places refuse to deal with DSS people (my OH is on benefits because he is very sick and I am disabled but trying to work my way off into my own business).

However, despite all the stupidly rip off ways they will only let some places to DSS (A guarantor + Deposit (£900) + 6 months rent in advance + £150 application and another £35 application for something else... yeah because we have that being on incapacity benefits :(| ) we have found some really nice places willing to consider us without all that palaver!

I don't get it though, they get paid direct from the Government every month... if I was working I could walk into the tenancy and give up my job and they'd not be guaranteed anything!!

We are definitely aiming to be down there somewhere BEFORE this Christmas but geez... they like to make it difficult for you, we don't WANT to be on benefits, I'm sure my OH really enjoyed giving up his tech job for his lung problems and a tenth of what he was earning eh?

Anyway apart from a bit of a moan above we're still looking and have seen two nice bungalows in Carbis Bay which are beautiful, overlook the sea and will do both myself and OH's health the power of good! I just hate it when honest, vulnerable benefits claimants get tarred with the bad ones... some of us are honest and upstanding but just in a bad position in life right now Grr!

Hopefully I will be able to get my business going down there selling to trinket shops and the like... or even looking into opening my own shop perhaps!

myke
05-08-2009, 04:18 PM
your quite right to have a moan.but i am sure you will get what your after don't lose heart
all the best myke

Di Sandland
05-08-2009, 05:46 PM
aw, maid (sorry, local term) I feel for you :X

Its not right is it. Some folk seem to know how to play the system and get everything without a second glance whilst others, like you, don't want to play the system but get tarred with the same brush.

Can't say anything to make it go away other than: keep your chin up, keep looking, and it will all sort itself out. As for Carbis Bay - I will be green with envy!

:flowers:

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Aww hun hugs hugs to you, it WILL happen i am sure it will, the right place will turn up and you will be in your dream home. Much love to you [[]]

The Bijou Dragon
05-08-2009, 08:45 PM
A bit of better news tonight... a really lovely friend of ours has agreed to go guarantor for us so that's one important thing off the list!

All we have to do now is apply for the beautiful little Bungalow we've seen and hope they accept us as everything else (our friend works for Citizens Advice so knows how to get in touch with the right people) can be arranged while they are checking our references etc!

So hopefully we could be moving really soon [-o<

The whole benefits system is absolutely insane, my OH had his Incapacity benefits stopped last year because he was judged as being fit for work.

Now, not only did the woman who did his medical LIE on the forms but she lied so badly that all we had to do was visit our GP to get proof which we did in about three minutes flat. They then put it in for appeal which took 10 months to come through, meanwhile we were living on a reduced benefit (£88 / week for two people) while they messed us about. When the appeal sat, my OH was not long out of hospital after almost dying and they stopped the lady (our legal representitive) who went for him halfway through and asked her how on earth he got passed the first time!! They were appaled with the whole thing, overturned it and paid him all his back pay.

Disabled people are facing this every single day while there are people on the Costa del Sol earning £1000's of pounds while still claiming all kinds of sickness benefits all over the place... how on earth is that a fair system?

Anyway, we got through it despite the stress making my OH worse (and mine) and we're just getting out the other side now so we thought it was time to move as we've been on a home swapper thing for about two years now and... nothing!

So fingers crossed we MIGHT get this little bungalow in Carbis Bay (which overlooks the sea). The quiet of down there and the lack of stress of living in this hell-hole (London) will help my OH's health no end and hopefully help with my mental problems also which would be a huge boon! We currently live above some immigrants who are also in a 1 bedroomed tiiiiny flat but it doesn't stop them squeezing in 10 adults and 5 children along with the occasional teenager every other week and the noise they make is just awful... and they have rats... and they are rude... I could go on! :N:

Our friend just earned free holidays for life for becoming our guarantor though :Y:

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 08:47 PM
i got everything crossed for you hun its gotta be good this time :D

AlexandraBuckle
06-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Aww, sounds like you have had such an awful time with it all, good luck with the bungalo [-o<

MuranoSilver
06-08-2009, 08:14 AM
[] It'll get better, keep your spirits up & don't let the bugrakes get you down!
Nic x

Charlotte
06-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Good luck with it all, I know how much of a pain in the arse they can be. I was on incapacity benefits for about a year after my spinal op, then when I moved out of my parents home and felt ready to work part time I decided to go on to job seekers allowance so they could help me find something suitable and I could start paying bills. But apparently because I hadn't worked for a couple of months a few years ago (when I moved house and started looking for work without being on benefits) they said I wasn't allowed it... and that was that.. NO money. But there are all these people not trying, who can work, who are just using the system. I've worked on and off from the age of about 9, and got myself an education at great expense, but that doesn't matter because in the past when I had small gaps of looking for work (after moving house) I didn't go on benefits... so because I didn't TAKE money then I'm not allowed it now?!

...angry moan over;)

The Bijou Dragon
06-08-2009, 02:29 PM
They're being @rseholes again today.

Basically if we want to move we have to find around £1500 to cover, viewing, bonds, fees and other cr@p I think they make up and that's not including the removal costs!!

We're getting bounced from pillar to post with the benefits offices and basically they will... maybe (but probably not) give us a maximum of around £1500.00 if we're lucky but it's more likely to be about £160 at the most!

We've got a lovely agency who are really helpful but the benefits people are just rubbish and some even give conflicting advice.

Basically we're going to have to reply on a friend of ours who works for CAB (and some other legal-eze speaking places_ to guide us through this mine field and help us get what we need. She takes absolutely no cr@p from people whatsoever and knows exactly who to talk to.

It's swings and roundabouts at the moment, one minute we're feeling great then the next we feel like crying because nowhere seems to be able to say "Ah, you need this, this and this and to fill out this form and that's it".

I worked very hard up until I got sick and got signed off more or less forever in their eyes. I paid my money (I worked 18 hours a day st some points my my life virtually 7 days a week). But as soon as you become unemployed you are automatically deemed as lazy scum and don't deserve a penny from the hard working!

Yet the scam downstairs is: Move to England for whatever reason, work for 6 months get laid off and then rely on handouts and bring your entire family over to live in a 1 bedroomed flat, claim you're overcrowded and BINGO new 5 bedroomed house thankyou! Yet they haven't paid a penny into the society they have come to live in AND they make everyone around them really angry because they are (quite frankly) filthy, loud and rude! They left bags and bags or rotting rubbish outside their back door, under our bedroom window which attracted rats and... well... you can imagine the smell. We had to get their landlord to force them to clean it...

We are a quite couple just wanting to get healthy again so we can work for a living once again and we get treated worse than the people I've just mentioned above... how is that fair?

Uhm... anyway... we're not looking at anywhere for the time being as we're having to either get the money by selling things or getting a loan from the benefits place by which time anything we are looking at now will have gone and we've gotten upset twice now over two beautiful places so it's back to filling in 8 bajillion forms to get next to nothing!

Bah!

We will beat them though, we've done it before and we will do it again :V:

Ominicci
06-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Aw Nicola... Fingers and toes crossed things start working out soon. Sounds like you have a good friend in the CAB.