PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find a small pickle pot?

Viverre
07-07-2010, 07:07 PM
I need to get a small-ish pickle pot and I can't seem to find one anywhere! I've seen slow cookers mentioned on other forums - would that work? I think I also saw a picture of someone using an oil burner as a pickle pot! So, yes, any information would be greatly appreciated! :D

LydiaNiz
07-07-2010, 07:11 PM
I have a very glamourous set up - pyrex bowl on steel mesh, supported by housebricks over 2 tea-lights.
Only because a slow cooker would mean me needing to put another plug in. (My studio is in a dilapidated complex that was an old victorian laundry - every time I use my dremel the lights in the entire warehouse-size building go dim).

Di Sandland
07-07-2010, 08:16 PM
the smallest, cheapest slow cooker you can find (or a baby bottle warmer). Use the slow cooker like a bain marie - so pickle solution in a pyrex basin that sits in water in hte slow cooker. Leave it on low and it works just fine. Don't put pickle solution directly in the slow cooker itself because the acid will eventually eat through the ceramic/earthenware coating.

andrew_berry
07-07-2010, 09:31 PM
I have used a Mothercare bottle warmer for the past 13 years. I have a plastic beaker sitting inside with the safety pickle in it.

Its cheap and does the job so well, I just forget its there.

Andrew

Cathy at the Beach
09-07-2010, 01:49 AM
I use a small pickle jar on a coffee cup warmer. I love the pickle label on this jar.

lesley
09-07-2010, 10:22 AM
I use a small slow cooker I got from Amazon. Some of the cheaper supermarkets have good deals - keep your eyes peeled.