PDA

View Full Version : Am I meant to be this tired?

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Well i got everything done that i wanted to get done, but i am soooooooooo exhausted. I know a lot of it is from my back cos of soldering on the kitchen units and boy was there a lot to solder, and such small split rings that i really had to concentrate. But after all the sawing etc i am wrecked. I took two painkillers about an hour ago which are just kicking in so i should be ok to drive to my diet class in 15 mins, but does anyone else feel so drained after a couple of hours soldering?

The Bijou Dragon
05-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Hmmm I'd say no but you're on a strict diet so I'm wondering if you're not getting enough Vitamin C or other kind of multivitamins which can effect you GREATLY!

Are you taking any Multivitamins / Minerals etc? If not I highly suggest you look into it as it can run you down and make you very sick very quickly!

I take 1 x 1000mg effervescent Vitamin C tablet and a A - Z Multivitamins and Minerals every night. If I don't take them for a could of days I really know about it and have to get back on them asap!

Solunar Silver Studio
05-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Isn't there any way you could raise up the level of your work/soldering area Su? I have a bad back too and couldn't possibly do any of my work if I had to bend down to it all the time. In my 'studio' I have raised the level of my work area to about rib cage level and my soldering/fusing area is raised up higher still on firebricks so that is about armpit level. The only ache I get from prolonged fusing sessions is in my shoulder from holding the torch at that level...but now I have devised a little rest that I can support my elbow on!!

Surely your other half could cobble together a false table top to lift up your work by a few inches which you could put on the work surface when you are making stuff and then take it away when you want your kitchen back!

And do you wear a magnifying visor when you are soldering?....Never mind four eyes... I have 8 eyes when I am working. The ones that are not working so well any more...my specs...and a magnifying visor with 2 sets of lenses in it. It magnifies and focuses at about 10 inches to a foot away...so there is no squinting and no stooping. I couldn't do without it (them actually as I have one set in the studio/shed and one set in my pmc cupboard!!) It makes you look like some crazy woman but it's a small price to pay...and all my family know I'm nuts anyway!!:-D

Di Sandland
05-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Su - everything that Barabara says is good (as always ;)) but your diet is drastic so I reckon that's where your fatigue is coming from.

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Isn't there any way you could raise up the level of your work/soldering area Su? I have a bad back too and couldn't possibly do any of my work if I had to bend down to it all the time. In my 'studio' I have raised the level of my work area to about rib cage level and my soldering/fusing area is raised up higher still on firebricks so that is about armpit level. The only ache I get from prolonged fusing sessions is in my shoulder from holding the torch at that level...but now I have devised a little rest that I can support my elbow on!!

Surely your other half could cobble together a false table top to lift up your work by a few inches which you could put on the work surface when you are making stuff and then take it away when you want your kitchen back!

And do you wear a magnifying visor when you are soldering?....Never mind four eyes... I have 8 eyes when I am working. The ones that are not working so well any more...my specs...and a magnifying visor with 2 sets of lenses in it. It magnifies and focuses at about 10 inches to a foot away...so there is no squinting and no stooping. I couldn't do without it (them actually as I have one set in the studio/shed and one set in my pmc cupboard!!) It makes you look like some crazy woman but it's a small price to pay...and all my family know I'm nuts anyway!!:-D

Trouble is Barbara, atm i dont have anywhere to work apart from my lap for sawing and beading and the kitchen for soldering. When i make my cards and candles i am on a little desk in the spare rom but there is no room in there to set up anything resembling a workbench.

My middle son ahs declared that he has moved out to his gf's home and i said if he had really moved out then he needed to cllear his room and that i would take it over, if he then comes back i am stuffed lol, or he would have to move into the spare room lol. I am hopeful that if he really does move his stuff, that i might be able to persuade pete to make a bench for me with a bit of old kitchen top or some thing but we shall have to waid and see - its means giving up fishing time, not something he likes doing. But i shall see what i can do. It would be nice not to have to bend, not only does the base of my spine hurt (the site of the op) but the bit between my shoulders which is the bendable bit is absoute murder atm.

The eating plan i am doing actually does have allt he daily requirements in it for vits etc, and i am probly eating healthier than i did before, so i think its probably more pain related than anything that made me so tired cos even tho i apparently have a very high pain tolerance, i have to admit, this is bloody agony atm lol

The Bijou Dragon
05-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Awww pain does make you feel tired, what kind of painkillers have you been given? My OH takes Co-Codamol 30/500's and Ibruprofen 400's and that does seem to numb the pain for him most of the time.

Other than that mental tiredness is a so and so when you're concentrating hard on something. I find that with my website or my blogs, I'm not walking anywhere but if I spend a few hours on it (struggling with a problem) I feel dreadful afterwards!

Other than that I don't really know... []

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Awww pain does make you feel tired, what kind of painkillers have you been given? My OH takes Co-Codamol 30/500's and Ibruprofen 400's and that does seem to numb the pain for him most of the time.

Other than that mental tiredness is a so and so when you're concentrating hard on something. I find that with my website or my blogs, I'm not walking anywhere but if I spend a few hours on it (struggling with a problem) I feel dreadful afterwards!

Other than that I don't really know... []

I have the same co-codemols strength as your OH. but i cant say they actually rif me of the pan, they just make me a little more relaxed about it lol

Di Sandland
05-08-2009, 09:34 PM
You need to take something alongside the co-codamol, Su, like the ibuprofen that BJ's other half takes. That way, you're attacking the pain from two different angles and the tablets are perfectly safe to take together.

I take the same co-codamol plus diclofenac (voltarol) - one without the other does not work. All buyable over the counter but you should really see the GP.

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 09:40 PM
thats all they ever gave me for my back, apart from morpheine - that was good!

Di Sandland
05-08-2009, 09:41 PM
make a pain of yourself - keep bugging gp until you get something sorted. It works, I promise.

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 09:42 PM
lol i rarely go unless they force me to go for an asthma check lol.

The Bijou Dragon
06-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Yeah the painkillers are great but you need Ibruprofen too as it is an anti-inflammatory and will bring down any swelling in the muscles.

Treating the pain is ok but you need to treat the cause as well... GP's forget this sometimes unfortunately!

bustagasket
06-08-2009, 06:11 AM
oo okies t6y

Charlotte
06-08-2009, 08:39 AM
I have the same problems, my bench is way too low, when I move I'm going to pick everyone's brains for the perfect back friendly design;) Stand up sounds good Barbara!

I find tea breaks and a bit of stretching helps Su;) Also a bit of fresh air every now and then... I'm starting to sound like my mum!