PDA

View Full Version : Are handbag/mobile phone charms popular sellers

Petal
05-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi Guys,

To buy or not to buy... that is the question ?

I'm thinking of ordering some handbag/mobile phone charm holders, so that I can attach some sparklies to and sell on, - are they popular? :Y: :N:

:cheers:

Jules
A [] a day keeps the Doctor away

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi Guys,

To buy or not to buy... that is the question ?

I'm thinking of ordering some handbag/mobile phone charm holders, so that I can attach some sparklies to and sell on, - are they popular? :Y: :N:

:cheers:

Jules
A [] a day keeps the Doctor away

lol well i have them on each of my phones and its one of the first things i ordered to play with, so i bloody hope they are lol

Solunar Silver Studio
05-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Yes - althought I think it is the younger market that is really keen. When my daughter left college in June she asked me to make 17 phone charms to give as gifts to all her friends. I did little pmc discs with their initial on and a few little sparklies too. She said they loved them and iimmediately put them on their phones. The fact that you can make them and sell them at a lower price than the majority of the rest of what you make means that they are attractive to people with less money who want to buy little gifts...and I am sure they will make great 'stocking fillers'....there are only 141 days 'til Christmas!!!:rofl:

The Bijou Dragon
05-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Nope, made loads sold not a single one, even my family weren't really bothered and we have teenagers (not myself and OH, in my family)

If you want to compete with the 8 hundred bahzillion cheap tat ones coming in from China it's up to you but to be honest... the market is flooded with 99p and £1.99 ones and to recoup your materials lone is usually more than that let alone VAT and labour.

Sorry to be so negative about it but I also have other friends who have made them in the past and just couldn't sell the hand-made ones.

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 03:46 PM
no worries hun feedback on anything is appreciated but i shall use mine for practice stuff then :D

reikiangel
05-08-2009, 06:16 PM
I had the same problem .. made some and couldnt compete with the price you can buy them for. People dont see that theyre handmade etc they just want something cheap and sparkly fr their phone xxx

Petal
06-08-2009, 08:21 AM
:ta: for the feedback. I think I'll cross those off the list and add more beads to my order :D

Jules

mizgeorge
06-08-2009, 09:57 AM
They are useful as giveaways to pop in with an order or for a fair goody bag though. A handy way of using up orphan beads and charms as well.

EmmaRose
11-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Its a shame, but just the wrong market I think....mostly teenagers who have neither money nor "nous" to appreciate handmade....
E

Fiona
17-08-2009, 01:57 PM
I use my orphan lampies to make keyrings with - easy and quick to make - and they sell steadily..

bustagasket
17-08-2009, 02:01 PM
I use my orphan lampies to make keyrings with - easy and quick to make - and they sell steadily..

OO glad to hear that cos i thought about that the other day as i had a couple of odd left overs and i then discounted cos of their reputation in this thread, but i guess if there really are only the leftovers that cant be used elsewhere that are attached, then theres no loss and could make a couple of pennies :D

Fiona
17-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I find that kids buy them for grandparents - mothers buy them for presents - great for ancient cousins, aunts etc... and I also give them away if they spend mega bucks with me - not that that happens all the time - also useful if people buy a load of stuff and then ask for a discount - answer is no, but chose a key ring.. :Y: