PDA

View Full Version : Website critique

stu_clouds
14-06-2010, 10:45 PM
hi,

i would like to request people to give a critique of my new website launched just two days ago, i would like to add that i know there is little stock on it yet. this is down to me being away trading at shows most of the summer.

thanks in advance and kind regards

Stuart

caroleallen
15-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Looks good to me Stu, though what do I know! Nice and clean and fresh. I'm amazed at the number of shows you're doing though. Did you do Royal Cornwall with Eden Crafts?

stu_clouds
15-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Looks good to me Stu, though what do I know! Nice and clean and fresh. I'm amazed at the number of shows you're doing though. Did you do Royal Cornwall with Eden Crafts?

No i was at South of England show in West Sussex that weekend. Do you do the show? I will be doing alot more shows upto christmas and then i hope (finances relying) to work a show more or less every weekend next spring/summer, but the rents add up fast.

Thanks for your input on the site.

Regards

Stu

surfergirl
15-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Looks good, Stu. It's easy to navigate with a clear layout. Shopping cart icon at the top - excellent. I hate having to search for 'my basket' on some websites. Question: how do you get the your 'New Products' section? I had a look via the site map but am not sure how to get there otherwise.

Also, the Personalised Touch section (information on our Jewellery/Personalised Touch) could be more prominent. You have a detailed description here but it seems buried in the 'Information on our Jewellery' section. Would you be able to have 'Personalised Touch' as a category and the 'Touch Pendants/Keyrings/Gifts' as sub-categories?

You have clear descriptions but I like also like reading a bit about how the item was made/where the gemstone is from/etc... if I was buying jewellery online. The descriptions on the Freshwater Pearl items are definitely the way to go. You are probably in the process of writing descriptions, adding more items, etc..?! It's a case of where is the time!, eh? And, wow - yes, lots of shows. Good on you.

Just some ideas :)

stu_clouds
15-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Looks good, Stu. It's easy to navigate with a clear layout. Shopping cart icon at the top - excellent. I hate having to search for 'my basket' on some websites. Question: how do you get the your 'New Products' section? I had a look via the site map but am not sure how to get there otherwise.

Also, the Personalised Touch section (information on our Jewellery/Personalised Touch) could be more prominent. You have a detailed description here but it seems buried in the 'Information on our Jewellery' section. Would you be able to have 'Personalised Touch' as a category and the 'Touch Pendants/Keyrings/Gifts' as sub-categories?

You have clear descriptions but I like also like reading a bit about how the item was made/where the gemstone is from/etc... if I was buying jewellery online. The descriptions on the Freshwater Pearl items are definitely the way to go. You are probably in the process of writing descriptions, adding more items, etc..?! It's a case of where is the time!, eh? And, wow - yes, lots of shows. Good on you.

Just some ideas :)

Thanks for your comments, the new products is probably hard to find because unfortunately i havent added any new ones for a while, it shows up at the bottom of the homepage. I agree with what you say about the personalised touch items and will re shuffle this tomorrow.

Yes your right my descriptions will be alot more in depth as you said its all about having time unfortunately most will have to wait until the end of the summer.

thanks again

Stu

Amy_FJFW
30-06-2010, 04:30 PM
hi, I think that the site looks good, will be great when there are a few more products. It may be worth having your main picture on the front page as a clickable link that would take you customers straight to all of your jewellery.

Amy

Joe
30-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Really lovely, tasteful website design. I like that what colour there reflected in the silver works with the web colour scheme.

Could you do with softening the square'iness a tad? The background is curvy and the pieces are curvy but the layout elements are a bit blocky and rectangular. Chamfer the corners off with a number 4 html file?

Is that really a zippo lighter in the engraved gifts section or a hip flask?

I love zoom and zoom again thing for your gorgeous pieces!

stu_clouds
01-07-2010, 08:59 PM
ah there is both a zippo lighter and a hip flask, i am waiting to start taking pics of them all, been a long summer of shows so far and to busy to update it. I thank you for your comments regarding the corners of pics, not a bad idea.

thanks

Stu