PDA

View Full Version : Laser beams!

HannahJewelleryDesigns
25-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Sorry that title makes this seem SOOOO much more exciting than it really is but now I have your attention... :-D

Does anyone know of a laser cutter that can cut polypropylene sheet?
My new pieces use small repeat elments of polyprop and im getting tired of slicing the ends of my nails off! Before long I will be down to my fingers and thats not a good look ! #-o lol!

geti-titanium
25-05-2010, 08:49 PM
CO2 laser cutting machines are usually used for cutting plastics - I can't really recommend anybody though because I've never needed it doing. Our machines are Nd Yag and not really suitable for cutting crisp lines in plastics

caroleallen
25-05-2010, 09:20 PM
I've used these people LaserMaster (http://www.lasermaster.co.uk/Welcome.html)

They're not that cheap but they're convenient for me. The less cuts in a design the cheaper it will be. They cut out acrylic shapes that are all joined together for me. All I have to do is snap them apart and file off the tag. The person I deal with is called Gary. This is an example of what they do for me.

HannahJewelleryDesigns
04-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Cool thanks very much!
Found a company in Scotland who do laser cut PP stencils -and yep they use a CO2 laser so ta for that Alan!

I love those acrylic earrings Carole- so funky! I will keep that company's details as one of my other ideas involves Acrylic...so many plans, so little time! lol!

purple4711
27-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Hannah, Do u mind sharing the details of the company in Scotland?
Lesley