PDA

View Full Version : NEW Discussions Areas Anyone...???

apike
04-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Hi,
Considering how well populated some/most of the 'discussions area' categories have become over the last month, I was just wondering if you guys had any requests regarding NEW categories you'd like me to implement?

Please feel free to make suggestions and, if appropriate of course, I'll set them up... :confused:

ps_bond
04-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Not so much a suggestion for categories, but it occurred to me it might be nice - for us - if you were to formally invite someone from AOL (or any of the other assay offices, I'm just picking on them!) to maintain a presence here?

Some of us have hallmarks registered and will have fewer questions, but there's plenty might like to know more about the process.

Atelier Ava
04-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Perhaps a category for surface decoration or decorative finishes, so it would include enamelling, patination, oxidation etc.

Paula

bustagasket
04-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Not so much a suggestion for categories, but it occurred to me it might be nice - for us - if you were to formally invite someone from AOL (or any of the other assay offices, I'm just picking on them!) to maintain a presence here?

Some of us have hallmarks registered and will have fewer questions, but there's plenty might like to know more about the process.

I like the idea of this one!

julie
04-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Perhaps a category for surface decoration or decorative finishes, so it would include enamelling, patination, oxidation etc.

Paula

good idea :Y:

ps_bond
04-08-2009, 01:16 PM

Like that one... :Y:

Polishing's a surface decoration too, isn't it? :)
Engraving, embossing, chasing, repousse, gilding, keum boo, onlay/Damascene, inlay...

Di Sandland
04-08-2009, 01:36 PM
oo - all of those but particularly the assay stuff as I'm building up to registration.

The Bijou Dragon
04-08-2009, 02:28 PM
A blog forum where we can posts links to our latest blog updates or whatever... I do believe I mentioned it before but I'm not sure as some posts are posted late at night when I'm half asleep :D

Also for things like Etsy listings, craft juice, new pieces for sale etc etc etc

... perhaps...

bustagasket
04-08-2009, 03:41 PM
I think it would be rather nice(and i would be very grateful) to have a regional section displaying any shows that people are aware are up and coming. A kind on "Whats on in Your Area?" section. I never know if anything is on in my area, and never seem to find anything on the net either.

ps_bond
04-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Perhaps a toolmaking section? Not sure about that one, as I don't know how populated it would get.

julie
04-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Perhaps a toolmaking section? Not sure about that one, as I don't know how populated it would get.

ooooooo like this one too ...:D

Di Sandland
04-08-2009, 05:20 PM

That depends entirely on how willing you are to put on informal tutorials Peter!

ps_bond
04-08-2009, 05:38 PM
That depends entirely on how willing you are to put on informal tutorials Peter!

Yeah... Thought I might have to. :D

MuranoSilver
04-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Errm I'm not sure about too many new sections as it gets confusing and some things would put me off....
e.g Ebay Listings, blog sections etc I've been on other forums where these are posted and when you hit "new posts" that's all you seem to get. I wouldn't mind if there was a way of filtering it out but if I want to read someones individual posts I subscribe to their blog.

The toolmaking section could possibly be included in the "workshop" area,
it would only need a tweek to the description.

Love the surface decoration section idea as it encompasses so many things
and could be in the main jewellery section. I can't think of anything else I'd like
the forum is (as Mary Poppins would say) "Practically Perfect in Every Way"
nic x

ps_bond
04-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Errm I'm not sure about too many new sections as it gets confusing and some things would put me off....

And there's little point in having a section devoted to all of 2 posts.

The toolmaking section could possibly be included in the "workshop" area, it would only need a tweek to the description.

Yup, that would do it. If I was doing this from scratch, I'd probably go with a hierarchy of making/selling/buying/off topic and subdivide from there.

But I'm not :D

(and it's work!)

mizgeorge
05-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Very much agree with Nic, I dislike having to plough through masses of 'look, i've blogged' and craftjuice posts.

I also like things kept simple.

It would be nice not to have too many self-promotion areas as well - we can all put shop links in our signatures if we choose.

It's lovely to finally have a real UK based forum - I feel a bit like I've come home at last!

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 12:57 PM
would it be possible to have a kind of glossary of terms for the noobs among us.............namely ME!! Please :D

apike
05-08-2009, 02:24 PM
would it be possible to have a kind of glossary of terms for the noobs among us.............namely ME!! Please :D

Hi,
You can access our glossary of terms via the knowledgebase which can be located within the top navigation bar on the Cooksongold.com website. Once in the knowledgebase, select the 'glassary' option. Alternatively, here is a link: http://portal.knowledgebase.net/display/2/_index1.asp?tab=glossary&r=0.8269399

:)

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Hi,
You can access our glossary of terms via the knowledgebase which can be located within the top navigation bar on the Cooksongold.com website. Once in the knowledgebase, select the 'glassary' option. Alternatively, here is a link: http://portal.knowledgebase.net/display/2/_index1.asp?tab=glossary&r=0.8269399

:)

lol ty adam did i mention I am blonde? (insert emote) I had a gut instinct that you were gonna say there already was one but thick as a brick i carried on. I will print it out when i go to work tomorrow :D

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 03:50 PM
now i cant get the link to work, i think i am just too tired from my marathon soldering session (thats my excuse and i am sticking to it :P)

apike
06-08-2009, 02:41 PM
now i cant get the link to work, i think i am just too tired from my marathon soldering session (thats my excuse and i am sticking to it :P)

Hi,
Don't worry, my fault - I was having a blonde moment myself there...

Here's a link which should actually work this time... http://portal.knowledgebase.net/?cid=11047&t=glossary&c=12004&cpc=TKvN0Y442nJq41250385h0TtoO3RuDHqcReVI

Adam :~:

EmmaRose
07-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Not exactly a discussion area, but archives? some threads would be good to keep for future reference/ newbies, like photography, inspirational websites.....
alternatively ability to add database files? (like you can on yahoo group) to add these things too....
Emma

bustagasket
07-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Hi,
Don't worry, my fault - I was having a blonde moment myself there...

Here's a link which should actually work this time... http://portal.knowledgebase.net/?cid=11047&t=glossary&c=12004&cpc=TKvN0Y442nJq41250385h0TtoO3RuDHqcReVI

Adam :~:

Adam i forgive you completely and utterly (god i'm a creep) :-"so when you handing out the cookies? oh no wait, #-o scrub that, i cant have any can i ? [-X ok i will take cooksons stuff instead heehee

I have an order that still waiting on one item before tis delivered - driving me nuts and the next order is already growing to supersize proportions lol, would you please stop tempting me, and tell the forum to stop making me want to try everything !!!!

EmmaRose
07-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Sorry no can do Su :-"
Em

bustagasket
07-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Sorry no can do Su
Em

*smacks Em* bit i want to do it all and i cant learn it all yet :N::(:'(:help:

EmmaRose
09-08-2009, 08:39 PM
LOL Sue, that never goes away...always new tools, things to learn.....sorry to be the one to break it to you ;)
Em
ps have a hug better []