PDA

View Full Version : Copper, Brass & Titanium Sheet Cut to Size

MuranoSilver
04-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Can anyone suggest a UK supplier that sells copper, brass & brazing metals cut to size?
Also after a supplier of titanium sheet

nic x

mizgeorge
04-05-2010, 11:35 PM
I use Ringwood Precision Engineering for brass and copper.

No idea on titanium - I wouldn't have anything tough enough to cut it with!

MuranoSilver
05-05-2010, 06:43 AM
Thanks George :)

MuranoSilver
05-05-2010, 06:45 AM
Found one for Gilding Metal (amongst others) John Keatley Metals Ltd Suppliers of non-ferrous metals in all forms Birmingham, West Midlands (http://www.johnkeatleymetals.com)
but still looking for Titanium :)
Nic x

ps_bond
05-05-2010, 09:33 AM
A jeweller's saw will cut titanium; my first bit of maille was in 1mm Ti. I'm not suggesting it's nice - and I keep meaning to try something like Platinum King blades on the stuff - but it will do it. I'm struggling to remember where my last lot of sheet came from; I'll add it on if I remember. I have a couple of bricks (20x60x120ish) of what might be CP Ti... They make interesting paperweights, but so far that's all. Must try forging them sometime.

I didn't notice that Ringwood did non-ferrous - I only every seem to buy mild steel from them.

Dennis
05-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Reactive Metals does titanium, but it doubles in price with freight and charges, as I have found to my cost with niobium. D.

mizgeorge
05-05-2010, 04:05 PM
I cut titanium wire with a Platinum King Peter - and they definitely last a lot longer than regular Vallorbes, but I'm not sure they're any more efficient. I tried some sheet and gave up when I couldn't work out why I was doing it anyway!

Ominicci
05-05-2010, 04:39 PM
I got my copper from Ringwood.

Whatcha gonna do with Ti sheet Nic???

Mystic
05-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Hey Nic, why don't you ask Geti about titanium sheets, I am pretty sure he would recommend a supplier to you.....................just a thought

MuranoSilver
06-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions :)

I got my copper from Ringwood.
Whatcha gonna do with Ti sheet Nic???
Want to do some heat colouring with it for a background on some piercing I'm doing.

Hey Nic, why don't you ask Geti about titanium sheets, I am pretty sure he would recommend a supplier to you..........
just a thought
Geti does titanium??? :-O
:rofl:
OMG I'm such a dimwitt ~ thanks for the reminder Maggie :Y:
Nic xx