PDA

View Full Version : Display options

ps_bond
03-08-2009, 10:42 AM
It's not something I've needed much to date, but I may do shortly.

How are people displaying their wares for sale? I have the usual pads, a couple of acrylic bits - but I think I'm going to have to sort or source some more.

There's a fair few companies online selling portable display stands for individual items and of course Ikea does some very useful cabinets to house them...

Who's using what?

bustagasket
03-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I havent got that far yet sorry

myke
03-08-2009, 01:14 PM
hi peter. my view on displaying jewellery is that it needs to fit your style opf work,because my work is organic in style I use a black back drop and then i use driftwood and some nice peices of rock, apart from a ring board i make any other display boards myself .

Petal
03-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Hi Peter :~:.

I display my jewelery on necks of varying sizes/heights on boxes of different heights (I have black, white and clear perspex). I got mine from the Spring Fair at the NEC last year and bought a few tools and some packaging that I was also looking for. I know they do a similar event in London in August that might suit you?

Having said that, I've been to events (for research purposes) and have seen jewellery displayed on driftwood, shaped wire etc. What I have noticed is that the traders who display their jewellery at different heights always have more customers than those who don't. That is irrespective of the quality of the jewellery!

Hope that helps

Jules

EmmaRose
03-08-2009, 03:09 PM
I use stuff from Jewellery Display company and Noble Packaging...lots of acrylic blocks
E

Charlotte
03-08-2009, 03:17 PM
I made mine at uni. I bought a load of large clear acrylic blocks, chopped them up to perfect and varying sizes (to suite all shapes and sizes)and sandblasted the lot. Generally it all seems very expensive if you get ready made stuff.

Ominicci
06-08-2009, 02:36 PM
I am going to use black velvety material and black wire display items - so far I have 2 earring/bracelet combination racks, a 2 ft wire mannequin body, and 2 black wire mug stands for bracelets and necklaces. I also use old welsh slates aswell on the tables.

Jules - I think you are right about displaying at different heights - it does look a bit 'car boot/table sale' ish if things are just displayed on a flat table.

ps_bond
06-08-2009, 03:00 PM
There's some good ideas there, thank you. I agree with the varying heights - anything that draws the eye can only help (and do we get into leading the viewer around the display too?!). Different is good.

Quite like the idea of using more organic shapes too - driftwood was an interesting idea; but at the same time I'm fond of chunks of materials - so solid blocks of stuff appeal too.

Decisions, decisions. :) No rush yet though.

Di Sandland
06-08-2009, 05:23 PM
This is exactly the issue that's 'worrying' me at the moment, what with the Arlington craft fairs on the horizon (have been virtuously making stuff all week and will post piccies at the weekend).

With names like Sweet Pea, Blackbird, and Dove I want to go down the organic route too but nicking pebbles and driftwood from the local beaches is prohibited. [-X

Might have to make a midnight raid [:-)

Ominicci
08-08-2009, 11:04 PM
The pebble ridge at Westward Ho! won't miss a few :-"

Di Sandland
09-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Sssh - that's where I plan to go 0:-)