PDA

View Full Version : Web Stats

Charlotte
02-08-2009, 08:49 PM
I know a lot of you here have your own web site, has anyone got the facility to check their web sats (i.e. how many people have visited your site etc)? Mine has gone up DRASTICALLY since joining here, its fab because the more people who go on your web site, the more Google will take notice of your site so it starts going higher up the list!

Just wondered if anyone else had noticed... and thanks for the hits;)=D>:dance:

bustagasket
02-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Havent noticed anything yet cos mine hasnt arived in its box yet lmao. Good on you tho, hope the risde continues :D

Lindyloo
02-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Return question from a complete novice.. What happens when it goes up on google's list?:confused:

Trudy
02-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Return question from a complete novice.. What happens when it goes up on google's list?:confused:

It means that when people search on google for 'handmade jewellery' or 'silver bracelet' etc your site is more likely to come up nearer the top of the list of search results, so potential buyers are then more likely to notice your site.....Im pretty sure thats what it means anyway!! :)

The Bijou Dragon
02-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Yep, I've had alot of hits too... thankyou :D

Also oddly though I get alot of hits for people looking for stuff about Katie Price (Jordan) lol probably because I help with a charity my friend is doing called Kilometers for Katie!

myke
03-08-2009, 07:08 AM
I know a lot of you here have your own web site, has anyone got the facility to check their web sats (i.e. how many people have visited your site etc)? Mine has gone up DRASTICALLY since joining here, its fab because the more people who go on your web site, the more Google will take notice of your site so it starts going higher up the list!

Just wondered if anyone else had noticed... and thanks for the hits;)=D>:dance:
hi charlotte yes i have seen an increase in traffice to my site. google has a very good stats tool that you can link to your site. I have found linking to other web sites is a good way to get more traffic up hear anything to do with tourisim is good. allo the best myke

AlexandraBuckle
03-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Yes I use google stats too and I've noticed an increase in my web traffic. :D

Solunar Silver Studio
03-08-2009, 10:00 AM
It's a bit hard to say for me because I have only had my website on line since the 14th July and I joined the forum on the 20th - so it's a bit hard to compare the before and after!! I am doing all sorts of other things to get the website advertised as well so what interest is coming from where I have no idea. Having said that - I am not complaining about the numbers...and if I can keep the interest coming at the rate it is I am not going to complain!!

Finally - the weather here looks a bit brighter but it is still too windy for me to photograph outside...and I have loads of stuff that needs photographing and putting on the website...it's so frustrating!! It really needs to be padded out a bit with a few more items for sale but I don't want to put on pictures that look totally awful - I'm not entirely happy with what is on there as it is (back to that damn perfectionism again) but I think I might just have to go for it and be damned!!
Barbara

bustagasket
03-08-2009, 11:49 AM
It's a bit hard to say for me because I have only had my website on line since the 14th July and I joined the forum on the 20th - so it's a bit hard to compare the before and after!! I am doing all sorts of other things to get the website advertised as well so what interest is coming from where I have no idea. Having said that - I am not complaining about the numbers...and if I can keep the interest coming at the rate it is I am not going to complain!!

Finally - the weather here looks a bit brighter but it is still too windy for me to photograph outside...and I have loads of stuff that needs photographing and putting on the website...it's so frustrating!! It really needs to be padded out a bit with a few more items for sale but I don't want to put on pictures that look totally awful - I'm not entirely happy with what is on there as it is (back to that damn perfectionism again) but I think I might just have to go for it and be damned!!
Barbara

My website in a box just arrived WOoooooohoooooooooo Now i just gotta figure out what to do with it lol. Guess i know what i am doing in the evenings this week and at the weekend lol. My fear is that my photos are bad, i had a decent camera but cant wrk out macro at all, i can make the little flower sign show but dont know anything more about it, and my eyes go out of focus real quick so thats not gonna help lol. Should have gone to specsavers lol

Di Sandland
03-08-2009, 12:38 PM
The little flower is close-up rather than true macro that's why! I've just put together a little light box type thing using shower curtains and stuff and I thought my OH could use the super duper new camera that I bought him last week to take some masterpieces.

The website is stil being worked on and, if all goes to plan, should go live next weekend. Having said that, best plans and all that...

bustagasket
03-08-2009, 12:47 PM
The little flower is close-up rather than true macro that's why! I've just put together a little light box type thing using shower curtains and stuff and I thought my OH could use the super duper new camera that I bought him last week to take some masterpieces.

The website is stil being worked on and, if all goes to plan, should go live next weekend. Having said that, best plans and all that...

oooo lol one day i wont act so blonde lol Ty for clearing that up for me :D