PDA

View Full Version : oops

mizgeorge
02-08-2009, 10:18 AM
sorry if i'm a bit quiet for a few days - broke my wrist in 2 places and possibly ankle too yesterday +o(

still reading everything, just hard to type:)

Solunar Silver Studio
02-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Good Heavens! That's not good...:( How on earth did you manage to do that??!! Can you walk or are you flat out? Is it your dominant hand...or do you have to 'learn' to do everything with the other one for a while...can you at least doodle???! How long do they say you will be 'out of action'?
Aw - I feel so sorry for you... Come a little closer to the screen and let me give you a []!
Barbara

bustagasket
02-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Good grief what on earth have you been up to???? (keep it clean :P) Big huggles to you

caroleallen
02-08-2009, 10:58 AM
How awful! I'd be so frustrated. Poor you.

The Bijou Dragon
02-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Oh good grief!! I hope you mend well and really, really soon!!! []

AlexandraBuckle
02-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Oh no poor you! Thats awful!

Di Sandland
02-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Well, that was a bit careless, wasn't it [-X

Seriously, wish you well and better soon []

julie
02-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Ouch ... get better soon []

Charlotte
02-08-2009, 12:57 PM
:eek:Its put your feet up time! Eat well and sleep lots so you'll heal up nice and quick[] And I hope the pain wears off soon!!! xxx

kymbi
02-08-2009, 01:04 PM
OMG ~ that sounds painful, you poor gal. It's bad enough to break your wrist, but I hope that you haven't broken your ankle as well.

Hope you are taking it easy and relaxing? How long will it take to heal?

Petal
02-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Oh George, I'm so sorry you're +o(. If you're into Bach remedies, try rubbing some rescue remedy cream on the affected bits - i've heard they heal much quicker. You'll have to post using only smilies!!

A big [[]] from me and I hope you feel much much better soon - we'll all miss your posts - but I'm sending you lots of 'heal quickly' thoughts down the wires.

Take carexx

Jules x

Lindyloo
02-08-2009, 04:35 PM
That's awful. I broke my wrist last year. Very painful and reeaaallly inconvenient. My advice is, get some physio when you are out of the cast. Don't let the hospital send you away with exercises and leave it at that. Because you may not get back all of your mobility - which is important for craftwork. Tell them it's your livelyhood, and you won't settle for almost there.[-X

MuranoSilver
02-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Arrrgh that's AWFUL #-o
Hope you're feeling better soon []
Nicx

SilverByRosie
02-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Oh noes! You'll have to find a minion to do your typing for you.

Hope you feel better soon.

~Rosie

Ominicci
03-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Lots of rest George, to get better quicker. We don't want you to be gone too long :-O

Coco
03-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Oh noes! You'll have to find a minion to do your typing for you.

Hope you feel better soon.

~Rosie

Oh! Oh! Oh! Get moon cottage's cat to do it! He loves helping with computer stuff! :idea:

P.S. Hope you feel better soon

P.P.S Sorry, been temporarily possessed by an echo

Di Sandland
03-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Yup, you're welcome to borrow my cat - he is really really good on the keyboard :'(

Solunar Silver Studio
04-08-2009, 07:16 AM
Hi George -
We are all waiting for an update on how things are....when you can manage it of course! I would send you a bunch of flowers - but there isn't a smilie for it!!:'(

*-:)

Will this do? []

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss23/solunarsilverstudio/flowers.jpg - ...not exactly a bunch - but it is the thought that counts!

Hurry up and get better!!

mizgeorge
05-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Well I spent what felt liek most of the day at fracture clinic yesterday. I now have a rather sparkly purple cast on the arm, which is much lighter, but also tighter, so less finger movement (can't reach the backspace key at all so typos are just having to stay). They took pity on me with the leg and instead of a walking plaster, I;ve got a hi-tech rigid boot thing with a neoprene lining. So at least I can hobble around now.

I'm bored with it already.

On the good side, I can almost hold a pair of pliers, reckon I can saw ina couple of days, and should be able to solder before long as well.

I'm supposed to be writing magazine projects at the moment, not sure how the step-by-steps will work with the plaster though!

AlexandraBuckle
05-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Woohoo! glad you are back :)
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Di Sandland
05-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Welcome home!

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 11:56 AM
glad to hear you are sorted, take care not to do things you shoudnt tho cos you want everything to set right so that you can get back to producing goodies :D

Petal
05-08-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm so glad you are back with us George, :~: you were sorely missed. Get lots of rest, get well soon and have a big bunch of :flowers:
from me and you'll soon be back with us, typing away!

Jules []

MuranoSilver
05-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Welcome back - glad you're on the mend :)
Nic xx

kymbi
05-08-2009, 04:12 PM
It's good to hear that you are getting some mobility back George ~ but don't overdo it, even though you might be bored beyond belief x

Ominicci
06-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Good to see you back and on the mend! :flowers: (I'd send chocs, but no choc smilie!) None of this :juggle: for a while!

Lindyloo
06-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Just remember, no rulers down the plaster![-X

mizgeorge
07-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Just remember, no rulers down the plaster![-X

LOL - I thought that was what my steel rule was for :)

Actually, I'm not coping well with the plaster at all, and have ordered an aircast (you can't get them on the 'ealth for arms) which should arrive today. Can't wait - it's supposed to help speed up the healing process a lot, and should give me much better finger mobility as well.

Thank you all so much for such lovely kind wishes. I do feel a numpty though ;)

AlexandraBuckle
07-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Why do you feel a numpty?!? Unless I missed it, you didn't actually tell us how it happened...?

mizgeorge
07-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Ah. There's the embarrassing bit! I stepped into a hole that a friend's dog had dug in her garden, turned the ankle into it and then fell on the hand.

Not that bad, if it hadn't been right at the start of a bit of a get-together of people from my lampworking forum, including quite a few I'd never met before, and some very amused children (who clearly thought I was the entertainment). Talk about making an entrance.....

ps_bond
07-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Not much that can be said other than "ow!" and get well soon.

I've heard tell of using aquarium air pumps and tubing to blow a gentle stream of air under the cast to relieve itching. Never broken anything yet [1], so can't comment from personal experience.

[1] I'm sure the horses will be delighted to assist...

AlexandraBuckle
07-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Ah. There's the embarrassing bit! I stepped into a hole that a friend's dog had dug in her garden, turned the ankle into it and then fell on the hand.

Not that bad, if it hadn't been right at the start of a bit of a get-together of people from my lampworking forum, including quite a few I'd never met before, and some very amused children (who clearly thought I was the entertainment). Talk about making an entrance.....

Oh no! That is so unfortunate!
The dog owner must have felt awful about it!

Oucheee! :'(

EmmaRose
07-08-2009, 02:06 PM
wish you a speedy recovery [] hope its not too painful. maybe figure out a whole new range of jewellery to adorn casts :)
Em

Ominicci
08-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Oh George! Was that at Julie Fountain's? If so, I can imagine the dog digging holes - he ate my lunchbox trying to get a packet of crisps out (my fault, she did warn me to put it out of reach!)

Ominicci
08-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Oh George! Was that at Julie Fountain's? If so I can imagine the dog digging holes - he ate my lunchbox trying to get a packet of crisps out when I was there having a lesson. It was my fault as she did warn me to put it out of reach!

Ominicci
08-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Sorry about the double post - am getting error messages when posting tonight :confused:

lorraineflee
09-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Just read this thread - hope you're progressing well George, take care of yourself
Lorraine

mizgeorge
09-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Oh George! Was that at Julie Fountain's? If so I can imagine the dog digging holes - he ate my lunchbox trying to get a packet of crisps out when I was there having a lesson. It was my fault as she did warn me to put it out of reach!

It was indeed!

Julie's one of my bestest buds and we do quite a lot of collaborative work. She was hosting a bit of a FHF gathering and we were just setting up my torch (rather than ripping the torch porch apart) in her big marquee in the garden when it happened.....

I love Charlie, but he is nuts :)

kymbi
09-08-2009, 01:01 PM
ooh, the fall sounds nasty ~ bet it broke the ice with the newcomers at your gathering though :eek: