PDA

View Full Version : Micro Mesh

Cathy at the Beach
02-04-2010, 01:25 PM
I have a question about micro mesh.

First off- is it a fabric- drapey and soft or like sandpaper - stiff and papery?

the place I thought about ordering from sells it in kits of several difference roughnesses. Is this a good way to buy it- would you say that all the different grades are useful?

What do you most commonly use it for? I ask this because I generally use pumice wheels and points- a tumbler and "Bam" polish compound on a felt wheel. I always find polishing a tricky task and often freak out over little nooks I cannot get into even with a point- (and points sometimes seem to leave a different looking shine from wheels....

Thanks for any help.

Di Sandland
02-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Ho Cathy

Micromesh is soft, though I would hesitate to call it drapey! However you can squidge it into some very tight places.

Yes, you should buy the kit (in fact, I think that's the only way it's sold) and use all the grades in order of fineness. If you already have a fairly smoothe finish, you might leave out some of the lower grades but mostly I tend to use them all.

As for use - I think many of us use it for absolutely everything - it cuts out pumice and mucky stuff like pastes and polishes.

Cathy at the Beach
02-04-2010, 01:44 PM
It sounds wonderful!!!
Thank you. I'll order the kit.

mizgeorge
02-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Cathy, it's worth getting a full kit of micromesh - they do a 'padded' version, which I don't find as useful as the fabric type. It lasts a long time, can be used wet or dry, and is easy to wash. You can also cut strips and use them with a split mandrel on a flexshaft.

bob flemming
04-04-2010, 08:46 AM
I bought some on George's recommendation and I am wondering how on earth I ever managed without it!

bustagasket
04-04-2010, 09:31 AM
I bought some on George's recommendation and I am wondering how on earth I ever managed without it!

i so agree Bob! i have the padded stuff and the cloth stuff too, but definately finf the cloth easier to use. It reallyis good. Next stop......Magic Boris!

MuranoSilver
04-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Magic Boris??? That sounds like a talented Prestadigitator spider ;)
What's a Magic Boris Sue???
Nic xx