PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Cubecart or Zencart

jille
31-03-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm going round in circles trying to get a new website going, I wondered which shopping cart to use, Cubecart or Zencart, any views? i know absolutely nothing about this, the techy guy must have the patience of a saint. I have managed to set up an addon domain, but I don't know what to do next :(|

jille
31-03-2010, 04:19 PM
i just discovered joomla now I'm really confused!!!

geti-titanium
31-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Joomla is really easy. My GETi site is based on that system and I've been running it for about 5 years - maybe longer now, time goes fast.

jille
01-04-2010, 07:56 AM
Thank you Geti, I will try it, I looked at Zencart but it didn't look very nice, ok for selling nuts and bolts but not glass and jewellery. I would like more than one picture of my pieces.
If I get stuck can I shout for help please?

geti-titanium
01-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Thank you Geti, I will try it, I looked at Zencart but it didn't look very nice, ok for selling nuts and bolts but not glass and jewellery. I would like more than one picture of my pieces.
If I get stuck can I shout for help please?

Of course, my virtual door is always open :-)

jille
01-04-2010, 11:19 AM
thank you kind sir!, you may live to regret it so get a padlock haha!!

Lisa Quinn
01-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Of course, my virtual door is always open :-)

is that in addition to your physical door at the famed Geti Towers? By golly you are the perfect host !!

Thanks for the tour on tuesday, looking forward to visiting you again on the next Forum day out xx

emroyjewels
02-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Jille - I use cubecart and love it. I did however spend months patiently working on my site to get it the way it looks now, so it certainly isn't an out of the box solution unless you want something fairly basic looking. The admin side of it is good though, and very helpful if you get lots of orders, which I'm sure you are hoping for!

I know lots of others use Mr Site, which is a simpler solution to set up if you are looking for an easy-ish option.

jille
03-04-2010, 07:22 AM
thanks for that Emroy jewels, I would like to use something which allows several pictures of each piece, I will have a look at them both. Now I'm going to see if I can find a free download for them

daisychain
03-04-2010, 08:49 PM
I use zencart and I'll probably stick with that for a few more years at least as it does what I need it to and I've got used to it. I spent ages getting it just right, and the ebook that you can buy really helped there.
The only reason that I'd change is to have a custom built one some time in the future when I can afford it, as the admin side of zencart doesn't exactly look welcoming and easy to use at first. There are still parts of it that I don't use and have no idea what they do, but I know how to use everything that I need.

jille
04-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Thanks Jo I may go with Zencart, as I think I have to pay extra for Cubecart.

daisychain
05-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Give me a shout if you get stuck - I can't promise that I'll know the answer, but I'll try!
Do buy the ebook though - I found it invaluable - it has screen prints with the instructions, and I neeeeed screen prints!

jille
06-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Well I've been round the mountains setting up the web store but I think I have it sussed, I didn't want tro pay extra and I didn't want anything too complicated so I have used a template and added Paypal shopping cart. Thank you for all the help and advice everyone has given me