PDA

View Full Version : Aether - Fine Silver necklace

MuranoSilver
31-03-2010, 07:56 AM
http://www.muranosilver.com/images/aether.jpg
Primary Details are fired silver clay (fine silver) with the following F/S components:
1 x - 6.5mm OD Embeddable Jump Rings ~ Base for Bezel setting
1 x - 3mm OD Embeddable Jump Rings ~ base of pendant with mounted ball accent
1 x - 4mm Round Tabbed Open Back Bezel Setting ~ Setting for Blue Abalone Shell
1 pc - 3mm Straight Tubing 25mm Long ~ Hammered and textured forming top curved bar
3 x - 1.5mm Solid Ball ~ Top next to bezel setting & head for stylised dancer (centre)
2 pcs - 2mm Solid Ball ~ RH Side and Ball in Jump ring at bottom)
3 pcs - 3mm Solid Ball ~ used between layers to anchor Polymer clay

The chain and extra embellishments are where I've forged and fused fine silver
Here's a picture of the back...
http://www.muranosilver.com/images/Aether-rear.jpg
nic xx

elliboo
31-03-2010, 09:27 AM
lovely - is this your comp entry by any chance?! Good Luck :)

Gemma
31-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Wow Nic! Much work in that- how long did that take? Tis gorgeous <3<3

AlexandraBuckle
31-03-2010, 09:40 AM
ooh great pendant with a fab chain!

MuranoSilver
31-03-2010, 09:58 AM
lovely - is this your comp entry by any chance?! Good Luck :)
Lol yes but they haven't sent an e-mail saying they got the picture so I hope I still got in...
Have you entered?

Gemma - Probably a few days including the chain....but I'm a slow worker, lol & thank you

Alexandra - Thank you I've got to make a sterling chain for the masters registry so this was practice ;)
Nicxx

Ominicci
31-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Amazing work Nic!!!!!!!!!!!

Fi Wilson
31-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Wow! The detail in that piece is fantastic.
Fi

MuranoSilver
31-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Thank you Nicci & Fi
Carving the swirls and patterns took a big percentage of the time :)
Nic x

Cathy at the Beach
31-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Nic that is spectacular! I love the weight of it!!!! Gorgeous work. Gorgeous design!!!

snow_imp
31-03-2010, 01:43 PM
That is so beautiful Nic - amazing work as always!

caroleallen
31-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Gorgeous as usual Nic. You should win hands down.

elliboo
31-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Lol yes but they haven't sent an e-mail saying they got the picture so I hope I still got in...
Have you entered?
Nicxx

lol Nic! Yep, I did enter, although my piece is nowhere near as polished as yours. I've posted a pic on my new blog as there seem to have been some discouraging comments about PMC jewellery here over the last few days :( I have no delusions that I'll win, but I did enjoy the challenge.
Good luck - I'm certain you'll do really well (and I'm pinching the way you used your silver tube! - I never thought about bending and bashing!)

I haven't had an email confirmation either (I didn't get an error message either), so I hope our entries got through! :)

MuranoSilver
31-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Glad it's not just me that didn't get an e-mail confirmation...I just went to your blog and that's a fabulous piece too!
The textures you get with the micro-knitting are both beautiful and unique & I can't wait to see how you develop them
(so exciting to see friends coming up with new ways to use explore the textural capabilities of metal clays) :)

Pshaw on disparaging comments, afraid you have to get used to it, some folks are just harder on judging metal clay pieces *shrug*
Anyone who's tried metal clay usually realises that, like any medium, it takes time and patience to learn how to get the best from it !!
Love the way you used the side tubes to join the pieces together (another avenue worth exploring?)

Have you considered making a framing piece first? Once dry you can use it to frame you micro-knit.
It's how I make my text texture hearts & I think it would really make that fantastic texture you made POP!
Good Luck to both of us with the comp :Y:
Nic xxx

CeliaDM
31-03-2010, 08:42 PM
I am having a tinker with PMC over the weekend with my friend Rita who has been beavering away for some months and makes some rather average work if I am to be totally honest. I hope she doesn't read these forums, she would be most annoyed with me although I am quite frank to her face. Hopefully I can transfer some of my sugar crafting skills from my cake decorating days into creating some special looking jewellery.

I don't particularly like the style of this piece to be honest, it is undoubtedly very well made but upon first glance reminds me of some sort of 'Incan Ironing Board'.

Sunnybank
31-03-2010, 08:59 PM
I think we are all waiting with bated breath to see your silver jewellery Celia.

CeliaDM
31-03-2010, 09:26 PM
I simply cannot wait to get to grips with Precious Metal Clay Jane, I shall post up my first pieces over the weekend, I am rather excited, think it will truly remind me of the old days of working with florist paste. I was quite the star at the London Cake Shop where I used to work and we had many prestigious customers.

Sunnybank
31-03-2010, 10:04 PM
It must be wonderful to be skilled in so many areas, me I'm just a jack of all trades, master of none.

Sunnybank
31-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Nic, back on thread, hope you do well, the pendant and chain are lovely and must have taken ages.

MuranoSilver
31-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Yes Jane it did take a fair while :ta:
The piece also took a while to name...
It's entitled Aether which in Greek mythology was the personification of the "upper sky", space and heaven.
Later in Alchemy the Aether theories were those that supposed the existance of a Fifth element... (all very appealing to me as a title)

Celia - I hope your first pieces turn out splendidly, it would be wonderful to have a talented sugar crafter such as yourself give PMC a try.
Sorry that I didn't have your input before researching a name for my entry, though "Incan Ironing Board" left me a bit flat :-"

Nic xx

Gemma
01-04-2010, 07:29 AM
It must be wonderful to be skilled in so many areas, me I'm just a jack of all trades, master of none.

Me too!!

Yo
u don't have to like the style of something to love the workmanship! I wouldn't wear Nic's or Sharon's wonderful pieces as they're not quite me. I <3<3 them both though. The work, the texture, the creativity....I could go on.

I always thought I'd find pmc easy....then I had a go!!! Much harder than it looks and you have to be so much braver (or mega rich) as its quite expensive /g. One day I'll try again. I don't ike to be defeated by something! :jedi:

elliboo
01-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Celia - I hope your first pieces turn out splendidly, it would be wonderful to have a talented sugar crafter such as yourself give PMC a try.

Nic xx

Absolutely, it's always great to see new PMC work and new people involved in metal clay.
Although I remember my first piece, when I thought I could do it without taking any classes (doh!) and got out all my sugarcrafting things. Hhmm. Let's just say I won't be posting a pic of that one!

Thanks for the suggestion about framing. I do use it sometimes, and think I will try it with my next knitted pieces just to see how it works out.

Off to order my clay for the workshop - always spending money!

CeliaDM
01-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Thank you all so much for the encouragement. I am so looking forwards to the weekend, Rita has no family so it will be nice just the two of us plus I get most of the weekend away from Gerald.

It is such a shame that your pieces didn't turn out how you expected eliboo. I feel rather confident, I know Rita has been making PMC jewellery for quite a while so I would imagine she will be a good enough tutor and I am more than aware of my sugar crafting skills.