PDA

View Full Version : Incense

Coco
01-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Sticks of smelly gorgeousness or the greatest con since pot pourri?

Di Sandland
01-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Well, I actually make the stuff - real incense using real herbs, minerals, and resins. As for the mass produced stuff - least said soonest mended.

Charlotte
01-08-2009, 10:42 AM
I love anything that smells good that's natural (HATE sprays!!![-X), and I went through a bit of an incense phase, but they just started smelling bad and really taking over so I haven't burn't anything in years... I'm more of an oils person now;)

Coco
01-08-2009, 11:49 AM
I love looking at the smoke as they burn. Is that weird? <:)- :-"

The Bijou Dragon
01-08-2009, 12:26 PM
I love incense I have some Temple Incense (the real deal) from Hong Kong and it's Sandalwood scented and utterly amazing!! It's in a spiral instead of a stick too which is amusing!

I love scented things of all kinds, take me to IKEA and people will think there is going to be one hell of a blackout sometime soon given the scented candles I buy. I also love Oil Burners to scent the entire flat with natural essential oils etc.

I haven't been able to use my incense for a long time because my OH has respiratory failure a couple of months ago and leading up to that he only had about a quarter of his lung capacity and EVERYTHING made him cough until he couldn't breathe...

Now he's been diagnosed and is on the mend-ish it means I can use them again!

I love incense, I would love to make my own... I have enough books about it :"> but I really don't buy the cheap stuff you find in most shops, mine's rather expensive I'm afraid!

So, my house smells like books, solder and incense most of the time lol which is why my nickname used to the 'The Happy Hippy' probably :D