PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Canada

Cathy at the Beach
29-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Hi everyone.
Just popping in from the heart of the North American continent!!!!
I live in Winnipeg Beach Manitoba...the centre of North America :snow:

WE actually are having an early spring! warm and sunny right now- around 15 degrees C!! Strange weather for us in March!

I am fairly addicted to creating jewellery with a preference for sterling along with lampwork cabochons. Got into lampwork about 3 years ago and drifted off into silver working shortly later. I have been fiddling around with recycled gold lately too.

Lots of fun. I do sell my jewellery in several shops and art galleries around here as well.

This forum looks wonderful from the parts I've read so far!

Emerald
29-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Hi Cathy, and welcome we switched our clocks to summertime at the weekend but they are threatening snow this week lol, look forward to seeing you work i would love to lampwork i spend fortunes on buying other peoples :~:

MuranoSilver
29-03-2010, 08:24 PM
:welcome: to the forum :)

daisychain
29-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Hi Cathy! Welcome to the forum!:~:

CeliaDM
29-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Hello Cathy, it is lovely to see a new member.

Kwant
29-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Hi Cathy, I am new here too, but these folks are just so friendly and helpful I think i am going to stick around a while.

As to lampwork, well before I came here I had no clue what it was so had to look it up, you lampwork people sure make some nice things, the capacity for learning here if not from the members themselves but from the links they provide is really quite something.

Off to continue looking into reticulation thanks to Jille.

Di Sandland
29-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Hi Cathy and welcome :)

bustagasket
30-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Welcome from old Blighty from me too :)

Mystic
30-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Hi Cathy and welcome from me too:~:

Mystic
30-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Welcome from old Blighty from me too :)

Gosh Su your up late too:~:

Cathy at the Beach
30-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Thank you for such a warm welcome!!!

I have tonnes of photos of work...you will end up being completely bored by the time I am finished posting pictures.

I am anxious to learn new techniques so I will be reading with gusto!!!!

lorraineflee
30-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Hi Cathy and welcome, a bit late, from me too!
Lorraine

Gemma
30-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Hello Cathy and :welcome: from me too! Feel like I know you already though as I'm going through my unread posts backwards!

Petal
30-03-2010, 10:10 PM
:~: Hello Cathy and a very warm welcome from me too. I emigranted to Vancouver a few years ago, rather than Winnipeg, but now back here...

Looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing some of your work when you have time.

Fi Wilson
31-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Hi Cathy, my dad's side of the family are over in Canada in Winnipeg, Manitoba. They took me to Lake Winnipeg for the day and I just couldn't get over how huge it was!!! More like a sea than a lake. Isn't it meant to be big enough to fit in the UK or something like that? Anyway, welcome to the forum :~:. We're a friendly and sometimes knowledgeable bunch!

Fi

Gemma
31-03-2010, 11:53 AM
When we flew to NY from Las Vegas we flew over one of the great lakes. My poor tired brain couldn't cope with what I was seeing. I couldn't work out why we were over the ocean when we were supposed to be flying over America!

AlexandraBuckle
31-03-2010, 12:25 PM
welcome from me too :~:

Cathy at the Beach
31-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks everyone!!!
Yes Lake Winnipeg is huge. Its the 13th largest fresh water lake in the world! And the Great Lakes are enormous!

I"m not sure if you could fit Great Britain in Lake Wpg but you sure could fit it into Manitoba. hahaha...lots of space- very few people.