PDA

View Full Version : New website home page critique

stu_clouds
27-03-2010, 07:47 PM
hi everyone,

we are in the process of having a website built and would like to know what you think of the homepage so far. this is just an early draft so open to adjustments.

Welcome To SC Silver (http://dev.webcreationuk.com/bhushan/scgifts/design/index4.html)

ignore the images used as they will be made with our own jewellery at a later date, just the general layout colours etc.

thanks & kind regards

Stuart

MuranoSilver
27-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Looks very good so far but will be better when the pieces are yours :)
Would make me feel confident about buying as it looks very professional.
Sorry can't comment further as there aren't any other pages to investigate. ;)
nic x

stu_clouds
27-03-2010, 08:30 PM
as they work on more pages i will post them, i only commissioned them last week so its moving along. thanks for you comment Nic

fiona davies
29-03-2010, 08:58 AM
looks like it will be easy to navigate which is key...just one thing...why the american spelling with personaliZed????Is it a UK site?

fiona davies
29-03-2010, 09:00 AM
one more thing...I noticed you have an established blog. Will this be integrated into the main site? Or will this be a separate blog on a different domain ???

stu_clouds
29-03-2010, 09:33 AM
thank you for pointing out the spelling i will inform them straight away. The blog is an add on they will do at a later date, but as always they want more money to do it despite it not taking them long just to set it up. So for now im going to have to be content to point people from my blog to the site URL.

thanks for your words of wisdom.

Stu x

fiona davies
29-03-2010, 12:53 PM
no probs stu....just a question (you don't have to answer...... how much are they charging for you to have the blog intergrated into your site????) I wanted my blog on my site and my web guys were talking £300 and at the time thought it was too much money but REALLY regret it now, as I am left with a site and a blog to promote!!!! It's like having two websites...double the work. Having a blog as PART of your main site means you can write articles, get experts to guest blog, it is so much more versitile and your site gets all the credit and link juice....woth thinking about...but I know what it's like when you start something with a budget in mind...if it's worth anything i really regret not having it intergrated in my site.#-o

stu_clouds
29-03-2010, 01:09 PM
they have said i can add it at a later date, i never got a quote for an exact price for a blog as i was just going to use the blogspot, but i now intend to get one made by them in a few months, once finances allow. I will let you know how much they quote when i discuss it with them. i would expect it to be in the region of £300 though.

Stu x

Kwant
29-03-2010, 01:30 PM
The customer/shopping interface is nice and clear. I find the repeat pattern background a little distracting, for me plain would be better to draw the eye wholly to your merchandise.

geti-titanium
29-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Nice colours and layout but definitely ditch the background for something that doesn't resemble a favourite auntie's parlour

Kwant
29-03-2010, 09:41 PM
:juggle: Well yes Geti kind of what I meant but tried to couch it in terms less hmmm brutal :) I know now I will not be putting any of my new stuff on here till I get good enough to get past your eagle eye, though that may be some time. Just kidding, but as a noobie here thought it best to keep my comments as near to positive as possible.

To Stu, I did fiddle with your layout a bit and while fiddling, I put a soft stone texture in the same pallette as your mauve in the background with your SCSilver logo reiterated at the bottom in the blank space. A watermark emboss of your logo in the background also looked better than grannies wallpaper.

geti-titanium
29-03-2010, 09:56 PM
I have to admit I am brutal with website reviews, you have to be. Alot of forum visitors will tell you just what you want to hear about your site. I remember the first time I ever asked for a review on my site years ago - I thought it was great and they shot me down in flames - best thing that could of happened :)