PDA

View Full Version : chatroom

EmmaRose
30-07-2009, 01:07 PM
How about a live chatroom.....I can see all these people on here, but can't keep track of all the threads! (am not a spider ;))
Em

bustagasket
30-07-2009, 01:09 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yes please then i could REALLY work while chatting :P

MuranoSilver
30-07-2009, 01:10 PM
OMG - noooooo then we'd NEVER get anything done #-o
Nic x

bustagasket
30-07-2009, 01:14 PM
OMG - noooooo then we'd NEVER get anything done #-o
Nic x

You mean i am supposed to get stuff done already?

ps_bond
30-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Here's one way - http://www.vbulletin-fans.com/showthread.php?t=5812

But the chatrooms seem to go one of 2 ways - only one person in at any given time, or so mobbed it's nigh on impossible to keep track of a conversation. IME.

bustagasket
30-07-2009, 01:25 PM
what about mIRC i have used that a lot

Di Sandland
30-07-2009, 01:25 PM
I have to say I've never really got on with them (chatrooms) but I'll give it a go if that's the majority vote.

Ominicci
31-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Not something I would do - I can't type fast enough - you'd think I was ignoring you! Kids and My brother ribbed me endlessly when I used to be trying to chat with them on MSN and FB so I don't do it much any more.

EmmaRose
03-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Not something I would do - I can't type fast enough - you'd think I was ignoring you! Kids and My brother ribbed me endlessly when I used to be trying to chat with them on MSN and FB so I don't do it much any more.

You do get faster with practice! or you could just say a live HI :-)

silver Girl
04-08-2009, 01:54 PM
so, are we going to get a chat room or not ???:confused::confused:

apike
05-08-2009, 07:38 AM
so, are we going to get a chat room or not ???:confused::confused:

Hi all,
Thanks for the suggestion. A live chatroom certainly has the potential to be a useful and interesting platform which I had not seriously considered previously. Dually noted, We'll add this to our loooonnng list of site developments... Couldn't be specific regarding dates etc, but we'll certainly look into this one for you!

Adam :)

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Hi all,
Thanks for the suggestion. A live chatroom certainly has the potential to be a useful and interesting platform which I had not seriously considered previously. Dually noted, We'll add this to our loooonnng list of site developments... Couldn't be specific regarding dates etc, but we'll certainly look into this one for you!

Adam :)

ooooooooooooooo ty adam!!! [[]]

EmmaRose
07-08-2009, 01:44 PM
thanks Adam :-)
Emma

Lindyloo
11-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Ok, laugh if you like, but I have never been on a chatroom. Never thought it worth my time (I already stay up too late looking at this forum). But I have a question. What happens when 10 people reply at the same time to someone's question, then a scroll of replies appear on the screen, and you can't keep up with the reading and replying? Does it just become a complete mess? Or do you choose who to have a conversation with and it is just the two of you?:confused:

EmmaRose
11-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Lindy,
10 people rarely reply at once, its quicker to read than type too.
One on one conversations are only possible if the chatroom has private areas where you can "invite" someone.
Em

ben b
15-08-2009, 08:40 PM

amazingbabe
16-08-2009, 05:48 PM
I can't seem to keep up with all threads going on so maybe a chatroom would be the answer, i have asked a few questions on here and then i can't remember where i have written them to go find the answer??????:(|
http://www.palacegemshandmadejewellery.com

EmmaRose
19-08-2009, 04:54 PM
I can't seem to keep up with all threads going on so maybe a chatroom would be the answer, i have asked a few questions on here and then i can't remember where i have written them to go find the answer??????:(|
http://www.palacegemshandmadejewellery.com

my problem exactly amazing!
Em

Lindyloo
19-08-2009, 09:45 PM
That happens to me all the time. I thought it was just me getting old. [-o<