PDA

View Full Version : New Studio

Carl Martin
23-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Well the move is complete. All set up ready for the next set of courses which start tomorrow. I've uploaded some pics so you can have a look. For the observant the rigid ducting for the ventilation and the barley boxes for each lampworking bench are being installed Thursday , so yes there is ventilation.

http://i43.tinypic.com/34pgo06.jpg http://i40.tinypic.com/nvv7s0.jpg

Better pics are on the website for any one interested. ;D

If anyone fancies a day out or close enough to pop in then please do so.

Regards

Carl

CeliaDM
23-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Oh my good golly, what a wonderfully bijou and intimate studio. I feel the overwhelming urge to pop down to Hampshire one day to visit. Your website is fabulous and you run so many courses which interest me. I have a feeling that my paper crafting and bath bomb making will take a back seat to everything in the not too distant future.

MuranoSilver
23-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Great pics Carl - looking good! :Y:
Nic x

ps_bond
23-03-2010, 01:52 PM
I was going to say the pictures out the back didn't look quite how I'd expected! Hadn't realised you'd moved - a lot closer to my neck of the woods... :)

Lisa Quinn
23-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi there Carl, your studio looks very smart, but where are all the tools? And why are all the desks positioned in a long line facing the wall? ( I'm sure that there is a logical reason for it, but being a simple girlie girl, I haven't figured out the reason why !)

Di Sandland
23-03-2010, 03:10 PM
I thought it was looking a tad empty too...

Di Sandland
23-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Oh my good golly, what a wonderfully bijou and intimate studio. I feel the overwhelming urge to pop down to Hampshire one day to visit. Your website is fabulous and you run so many courses which interest me. I have a feeling that my paper crafting and bath bomb making will take a back seat to everything in the not too distant future.

Any particular fancies, Celia?

Carl Martin
23-03-2010, 03:20 PM
I thought it was looking a tad empty too...

Blimey ...bear with me :), it was only finished being decorated this morning, the tools are neatly packed away at the moment ( they will be all over the place by Friday), I can't keep it that tidy for long,the durston mill is to be bolted down and I've got a few display cases about to be installed.

Lisa Quinn
23-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Sorry Carl, I got the wrong end of the stick, I thought it was finished :rolleyes:
Looking forward to seeing the next lot of pics when all the delicious tools are in place, a desk just looks like a desk doesn't it, but once all the soldering, forging and forming tools have been installed then a studio has a real heart and soul doesn't it!

ps_bond
23-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Blimey ...bear with me :), it was only finished being decorated this morning

Thought it looked very tidy. Are you holding a grand opening, or some sort of ceremonial burning of a soldering bench?

MuranoSilver
23-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Perhaps a Wicker man?? Followed by a Hog Roasting :)
Nic xx

Carl Martin
23-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Perhaps a Wicker man?? Followed by a Hog Roasting :)
Nic xx

That sounds good Nic :)

No worries Lisa, I didn't take offence - it is very neat tidy and kinda clinical.

As for a grand opening Peter I have an open day normal monthly thing on the 24th April.

ps_bond
23-03-2010, 05:22 PM
As for a grand opening Peter I have an open day normal monthly thing on the 24th April.

If I can get a day pass from the horses, I might see if I can come along.

Gemma
23-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Oooh, looking lovely Carl.
Hopefully I'll be along for a nosey on the 24th too

daisychain
23-03-2010, 08:43 PM
What a great space Carl! The type of thing that I'm aspiring to once the little one is at school as I've only got room for one student at the moment.

Good luck! And have fun getting all tools organised - for me that would be the best bit!