PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Eastbourne

CeliaDM
23-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Hello everyone, this seems like a wonderfully informative place full of inspiration. I have recently enrolled on a part time jewellery making course as I simply adore precious metal clay and sterling silver jewellery.

In my spare time I love scrap booking, cross stitch and making bath bombs, don't you just love the fizz before you soak?

I am rather positive that I shall be picking everybody's brains at some point.

Di Sandland
23-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Hi Celia and welcome ;)

bustagasket
23-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Hi Celia welcome to the forum, you are just down the road from me!! Looking forward to seeing some of the stuff you are producing :)

mizgeorge
23-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Hi Celia :)
welcome from me too.

Petal
23-03-2010, 09:13 AM
Hi Celia - a warm welcome from me too.

OOOh - lucky you living by the seaside - I used to live by the sea and miss the sound of the waves and the mists rolling in. Looking forward to seeing some of your work when you have time.

:~:

Gemma
23-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Hi Celia and :welcome: from me too.

I love making bath bombs too!

lorraineflee
23-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Hi Celia
Welcome from me too - I'm miles from the sea but really close to a river!
Lorraine

CeliaDM
23-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Thank you for the lovely warm welcome. Is anybody else obsessed with crafting, my inspiration is Dawn Bibby, I adore the woman, talking of which it won't be long before I am tuning into QVC and spending the equivalent of a Kings Ransom.

I don't move from the sofa between 2pm and 4pm every Tuesday and usually order one of everything.

Gemma
23-03-2010, 11:58 AM
I do dabble in papercrafts and think I'll be tuning in myself for the inspiration! Not that I'm allowed to spend any money- spent too much at Kempton Park gem fair on Sun and will prob spend too much more at the hobbycrafts fair this weekend!!

jings
23-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Hi Celia from another new member. I just came on board a couple of days ago. How do you find time for all these hobbies? Can't comment on bath bombs, haven't had a bath for years. Don't panic folks, I use the shower :) The only other crafting pursuit I've indulged in was to make wedding invitations for my eldest daughter.
cheers
D.

daisychain
23-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Hi Celia!
You definitely are a craft addict! I used to do a lot of scrapbooking but spend my non-jewellery time knitting now.

Ominicci
24-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Hello from me too! :welcome:

I am an ex cardmaker and had a business making Wedding Stationery in addition to the day job. Now the jewellery has taken over (well, the computer has probably taken over really but I tell my husband it's all research...isn't it...?). Dawn Bibby not my favourite - she must have awful teeth - she NEVER smiles with her lips open lol!

AlexandraBuckle
24-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Welcome to the forum Celia!
:~:

Di Sandland
24-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Um - who's Dawn Bibby?

Petal
24-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Here she is...

DAWN BIBBY DESIGNS / Topaz Crafts / A Real Jewel For Arts and Craft Accessories (http://www.topazcrafts.tv/products/dawn-bibby-designs-products.html)

Di Sandland
24-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Well, Celia - having checked out Dawn Bibby's site, I have to say I'm astounded. And not in a good way. Stay with us, m'dear, and learn some real skills ;)

CeliaDM
24-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Well, Celia - having checked out Dawn Bibby's site, I have to say I'm astounded. And not in a good way. Stay with us, m'dear, and learn some real skills ;)

But Dawn is so talented, I follow her blog religiously and the cards that I create are pretty much the talk of the town. On the run up to Christmas I barely get to leave my paper crafting room as I have to work flat out to satisfy my orders.

I am always amazed at the variation in her stock, the beautiful styles are ever changing which keeps designing fresh and feeling new. I wish my bath bombs were as successful.

CeliaDM
24-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Take a peek at Dawn's blog Di, I would imagine you will end up with the Bibby bug like myself.

http://dawnbibbycrafting.blogspot.com/

Emerald
24-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Hi there welcome, shame the links dont work for me but Celia are you sure you are on the right forum?

ps_bond
24-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Hi there welcome, shame the links dont work for me but Celia are you sure you are on the right forum?

I have recently enrolled on a part time jewellery making course...

Yes, I think she's on the right forum.

Emerald
24-03-2010, 11:33 AM
lol Pete forgot that bit with all the other talk of cardmaking.

Celia cant wait to see what you make x

ps_bond
24-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Well, it isn't the only time a thread has wandered.

Emerald
24-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Well, it isn't the only time a thread has wandered.

well it is only the hello thread

MuranoSilver
24-03-2010, 11:58 AM
I make cards too Celia :Y: though they've taken a back seat to the jewellery recently...
My favourite persons stampsetc are Tim Holts, love his grunge boards and distressed ink pads :)

I often use parts of his stamps in my precious metal clay work so can justify buying more, lol
The card & stamping stuff have also been out again for some recent mixed media work ~
(Marchs' design challenge was to try new things and I loved the possibilities with mixed media and rivets)

Want to try some of Tims Design stamps with polymer clay too ~
Isn't it great that as makers we're often inspired by trying new crafts?
Nic xx

CeliaDM
24-03-2010, 04:33 PM
I don't own any of Tim Holts merchandise Nic, although I shall have to track his wares down now. I am also rather fond of Stephanie Weightman though. Once I start dabbling in PMC I shall of course try using some of my existing stamps.

I wonder too if the jewellery bug will end up taking over my life. The last time I was this excited was the day I discovered embossing. Speaking of which it is my first silver class tomorrow and I must say that I am rather apprehensive and a just a tad nervous but I am equally excited too.

Di Sandland
24-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Good luck for tomorrow Celia - you'll have to let us know how you get on

vsilvered
24-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Hi Celia, nice to meet you :~:

MuranoSilver
25-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Hope your first lesson goes fabulously well :)
Here's a link to Tim Holtz cardmaking and papercrafts blog...
Tim Holtz (http://www.timholtz.typepad.com/)
(steady though you might get addicted, lol)
Here's one of his technique tutorials
july technique challenge... - Tim Holtz (http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/07/july-technique.html)
Neat aren't they ;)
Nic xx

CeliaDM
25-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Nic, I had never even heard of Tim Holtz until today and I have fallen in love with his inks, pads and stamps. I can see myself importing all sorts now, thank you so much for the links, his work is inspirational.

In a few hours time I shall be attending my first lesson. I am going prepared with an apron, notepad and pencils as advised when I enrolled. I am equally nervous and excited. I don't get out much to be honest so it is a huge step for me and I also have mild dexterity problems which I am hoping will not hamper my learning.

I shall share my experiences when I return home late this evening.

Di Sandland
25-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Good luck Celia - I'm sure you'll have an inspirational time ;)

geti-titanium
25-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Nic, I had never even heard of Tim Holtz until today and I have fallen in love with his inks, pads and stamps. I can see myself importing all sorts now, thank you so much for the links, his work is inspirational.

In a few hours time I shall be attending my first lesson. I am going prepared with an apron, notepad and pencils as advised when I enrolled. I am equally nervous and excited. I don't get out much to be honest so it is a huge step for me and I also have mild dexterity problems which I am hoping will not hamper my learning.

I shall share my experiences when I return home late this evening.

Celia, get a stiff one inside you to calm the nerves - drink that is! :X

jille
25-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Hello Ceilia, I'm new to silver as well, and i have the bug already after 2 X 3 day courses. I try to stick to kiln fired artand a bit of watercolour but I do include any fired art, once I get paintiing on aluminium I'm almost back to where I started ...........painting
I hope you enjoyed your course

pandora
01-04-2010, 03:26 AM
hello ! nice to meet u!