PDA

View Full Version : Running beaded jewellery making classes

Trudy
30-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Im thinking of running some classes in the months running up to Christmas. They will just be fairly basic mainly for beginners...probably how to make a glass bead and silver plated chain charm bracelet with earrings then maybe one teaching wrapped loops and some other wire bits and pieces.

My questions are...what kind of price do you think is reasonable for a 2 hour session in London? I was thinking £30 as they will get to take away their pieces and I wanted to keep the class small. I can hire a room in a local community centre for 15.50 an hour so need to factor that in and of course the materials and advertising.

Also do I need any kind of special extra insurance when teaching evening classes?

Thanks for any help or advice!

Trudy
14-08-2009, 10:43 AM
hi...just wanted to bring this u to top of list again in case anyone new can help...please.
Has anyone been on one of these kinds of courses? I learned all this stuff a long time ago and from books and things and because I couldnt find any courses local to me at the time.
What kind of price do you think is ok? Im going to get good quality materials and give enough for people to make 2-3 pieces.

Thanks!!

bustagasket
14-08-2009, 11:09 AM
sorry i cant help you - only a beginner myself but i am sure someone will be able to supply you with the information you need :)

AlexandraBuckle
14-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Sorry I don'y really know either :N:

Sure someone will help you though....

MuranoSilver
14-08-2009, 03:14 PM
That amount seems fair to me it's about £20 - 25 here in Lincs
Nic x