PDA

View Full Version : Link page

stu_clouds
09-03-2010, 10:13 PM
hi,

having looked at alot of the regular websites i have noticed not many of you have 'link' pages. i have been advised by a few people to try and have as many links to and from your site as possible. is there a reason why many of you dont have such a page? i understand back links are the more important type you can have. im starting to try and figure out the best ways to get these is it just a case of being on various forums, blogs and sending link applications to sites?

regards

Stuart

mizgeorge
09-03-2010, 10:22 PM
As I understand it, reciprocal links are not much use any more (google sees through them, and can it can even work against you). I incorporate a lot of natural links as appropriate, and many of my customers do the same. Circular links can also work if you can get the right group of people involved.

I have to say that I NEVER visit link pages - far too blatant - but I suppose the bots may not be quite so picky!

stu_clouds
09-03-2010, 10:50 PM
that all makes sense too me, im just going to set up a blog and the social networking sites etc and then figure out what else i can do.

Do many people on here use Adwords, we used to use them a few years back and was wondering how successful people find them?

ps thanks mizgeorge :Y:

fiona davies
10-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Hi,
link building is really important. Try to submit to directories, forums posts etc. Make sure the anchor text relates to your website i.e. you sell (for example) 'red rings' you want the text in your signature, submissions to say 'red rings' and NOT your website name. Write unique articles and submit them too.

As for links on a page, use them if they help the visitor experience of your website i.e. I make silver jewellery and here is a link to how to look after your jewellery ...that sort of thing.

When you have your website, don't make the mistake of sitting back and thinking that's it!!! You now really have to work on marketing it...it's a labour of love.