PDA

View Full Version : Dremel Polishing Accessories

Jasmin
09-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Hello - hope you can help - I have a Dremel tool set horizontally on a workbench which I use as a polishing motor. However, the tiny size of the mops that are meant for this tool means that if the item slips only slightly you invariably hit metal and your item is badly scratched.

Does Cooksons have any full size or near full size polishing accessories that can be attached to a Dremel mandrel?

Thank you!

Jasmin

Milomade
13-03-2010, 01:10 PM
I've experienced the same problem and also looking for something bigger to attach to my dremel - I'm fed up of ruining pieces by working with the tiny polishing mops.

mizgeorge
13-03-2010, 02:41 PM
A dremel or similar isn't powerful enough to run any more than a mini mop. If you need a larger area, you need a full size polishing motor.

agent_44
13-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Nowhere near full size Jasmin but you could try this site

Mini Polishing Mops | Dolly Mops (http://www.thepolishingshop.co.uk/acatalog/Mini_Polishing_Mops.html)

In addition to little mops they supply a tiny Dremel sized taper.

Milomade
13-03-2010, 06:33 PM
thise look perfect. I don't want something full size - just something a little more substantial than what comes with the dremel - I'm going to order some. Thanks for the link!

Tabby66
13-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Hi,
My christmas present was a full size polishing motor from this company (and bought lots of sale/end of line mops) including the ones mentioned. Can only say fantastic value, quality and service. :-)
Really pleased.
Tabby x

Jasmin
15-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Great, thanks for the suggestions. I treated myself to a top of the line dremel recently and it can do quite a lot of heavy duty work, like tile cutting, routing and all sorts of things that I'm not likely to do, so I thought it should be able to work with something bigger than the standard 1 inch mop - I don't need it to be full size but just to stop the scratching.

I also bought their Dremel Workstation which i can recommend because it allows you to securely fix the Dremel horizontally. The workstation has to be bolted onto something sturdy however. I'd originally got it to drill straight and consistent holes into things as it has a mechanical lever so your dremel can be moved vertically but when I realised it could be set horizontally - a world of polishing possibilities opened up!