PDA

View Full Version : Hello from my temporary home in Sheffield

Lucy
03-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Hi Everyone!

I found this place by accident whilst looking for a few books on jewelry - fantastic!!!

I'm visiting Sheffield from New York right now to help look after my father who is sick, and would deffinately love to meet any fellow jewelers in the area!

I am 27 and a jewelry newbie really, only been doing metalsmithing for a year or so but I have taken some awsome classes in that time, and managed to land myself a job for a wonderful jeweler in the Diamond District NYC (although that is on hold whilst I put my family first). I love colored stones and my favourite metal is platinum. If I won the lottery the first thing I would buy is a laser welder :) and I am a tool addict!

I'm deffinately looking for cool jewelry related things to do and see whilst here, so all suggestions are welcome!

Nice to meet you!
Lucy

Mystic
03-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Welcome Lucy, and I hope your father gets better soon:)

MuranoSilver
03-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Another :welcome: to the forum from me Lucy :~:
I'm off to the land of nod now but will catch up again soon
nic x

Gemma
04-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Hello Lucy and :welcome: from me too.
Hope your father gets better soon and you can get back to your exciting sounding job in wonderful NY (went there in August for my honeymoon!)

Lucy
04-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Hello Gemma, Murano and Mystic!

Thank you very much for the warm welcome! Unfortunately my dad has stage four lung cancer - so I imagine the next year will be spent between the US and UK. So I want to make lots of jewelry friends here too!

I'd love to see your work Gemma and Mystic if you have links to any pictures :)

Lucy

Petal
04-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Hi Lucy and a warm :welcome: from me

I went to New York many years ago for a long weekend and went to Little Venice, saw all the major sights and absolutely loved it. It has a vibrant buzz all its own and everyone I met was very friendly and helpful. I stayed on Lond Island (if I remember rightly), at my boyfriends relatives place, so we used to get the train in most days. Do you live in Manhattan or elsewhere??

lorraineflee
04-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Hi Lucy
Sorry that you are here for a sad reason but hope that your stay in Sheffield will have good times too.
Welcome to the forum!
Lorraine

Petal
04-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Hi Lucy,

My apologies, I hadn't read your post correctly and didn't realise you were over here looking after your Dad. Sorry about that. [] I hope he is not in too much pain and that you can get to do things with jewellery when time allows.

[]

Lucy
04-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Thank you :)

I live in Westchester NY - in a little town called Armonk, but hopefully I will be moving to Stamford CT this summer (near the beach :) I did work in the city, but put that on hold whilst I stay in England for a while. Its a great city thought Petal, and 47th st (the jewelry district) has everything you could ever want!!

I'm sure I'll have some good times too Lorraine! :)