PDA

View Full Version : First Diet Class

bustagasket
29-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Well tonight i did it, i went to my first meeting to get shot of this weight. :dance:
The hospital told me i have to lose some (quite a bit lol) to help both my asthma and my stupid vocal chords, and also to relieve the strain on my already knackered back, so finally tonight my class started and i went along. I have about 4.5 stone to lose, and willl have no normal food for 14 weeks starting tomorrow morning. :'(

Wish me luck girls, the first 3 days will be the hardest, but i have to do this, i cant stand not being able to reach stuff anymore cos my stomach gets in the way, and as my back is pinned i only bend at the hips and the shoulders so a stomach in the way really isnt helping.

I was weighed, measured and photographed, and will have my BP, pulse etc checked every 28 days. I feel very positive about it, but i know at first its going to be real hell. Hoping to keep my mind occupied with my jewellery and this forum. So keep me on the straight and narrow please lol [[]]

caroleallen
29-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Good luck. I did that diet (I think) last year and lost 3.5 stones. I've since put a bit back on but am still struggling with it. It really does work and you'll lose your weight in no time as long as you stick to it.

agent_44
29-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Good Luck Su! I am sure you can do this :) Happy to try and distract you whenever I can :D

julie
29-07-2009, 08:36 PM
good luck su ,we will do our best to keep you distracted :Y:

bustagasket
29-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Thanks everyone, i think i gonna need all the help i can get - i am already hungry just thinking about it. Gotta retrain my brain!

Di Sandland
29-07-2009, 09:17 PM
You have my unalloyed (thought that a good word for this forum) admiration. =D> I need to lose about the same as you but can't be arsed to do anything about it :rolleyes:

The Bijou Dragon
29-07-2009, 10:51 PM
GOOD LUCK!

I too am going to (have to) lose alot of weight and was seeing a wonderful dietician who I really loved going to see until she got a better paid job and left... I was absolutely gutted!

She told me there was no such word as diet, diets should be banned as they are extremely harmful but there is a lifestyle change ;)

We could support each other here... if you're teetering on the edge of the 'lifestyle change' waggon, post here and we'll talk each other out of it!!

I unfortunately have alot more to lose than 4.5 stone :">

Charlotte
30-07-2009, 05:00 AM
Good luck bustagasket! You can do it, its all mental, as you say the first three days are the worst, but once you see the weight coming off it really drives you on!

What have you had done to your back? I had scoliosis correction surgery 2 years ago and my spine was all pinned together too!

Is it all dieting or is there an exercise class as well? I'm a huge foodie so I tend to eat what I want and try to burn it off at the gym#-o And you get much quicker results this way.

I would like to loose about 7lbs for September, I start going to the gym again on monday!

If you want any help about food or exercise (especially with a bad back;)) do let me know, I love to talk food (especially when you come off your diet and are trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle). I helped my partner loose 2 stone in the last 4 months... he doesn't eat anything I haven't prepared him;)

bustagasket
30-07-2009, 06:16 AM
thanks all :D

Charlotte, i had Sponsylolisthesis (Isthmic) Basically a couple of the fins on the back of the vertebrea at the base of my spine had snapped off so the spine wasnt locked together. Over the years it gradually moved forward on itself crushing my nerve endings to my legs and exposing my spinal column and making straightening up after a bend, extremely painful cos the whole of my upper body was teetering on the edge of the lower half lol. So they pulled it back into place and pinned it, and decompressed my legs nerves and then did a bone graft from my pelvis onto the mended bit.

I had had the problem for years, but had never done anything about it cos basicaly, i guessed there was something seriously wrong, and i couldnt have it looked at cos i had to care for Rikki and that meant obviously a lot of lifting of both him and all his monitors, feed pump, oxygen etc. So the mid section of my back had frozen itself trying to protect the lower section.

Post op it is definately a bit better, i can get things out of the oven now lol, but things like changing over the washing that involves that slight bobbing movement etc and carrying stuff at the front, hoovering etc, still give me aggro, but its better than it was :D

Got my milkless cup of tea this morning and will peck me stuff for work in a bit. Exercise wise, i have a treadmilll, that we cot as part of my "learn to walk" stuff when i had the op, so i will make a point of getting on there, and also try to use my sons Wii Fit a bit :D

Di Sandland
30-07-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm up for a support group - maybe if we have more than just healthy eating in common we'll be more likely to succeed.

Solunar Silver Studio
30-07-2009, 08:28 AM
OMG!! I feel positively fit and healthy:)))...that's a lie of course but compared to the above I have decided to be grateful for what I have got! I have problems with my sacroilliac joints which never really 'firmed up' again after multiple whopping babies. I have developed immaculate posture:^o to try to keep everything balanced in place - well I try - cos it helps! Nevertheless I occasionally I get sciatica really badly which isn't funny. Pilates has helped and so does a daily brisk walk.

......And I think the 4 and a half stone is essential baggage for the 'mature' woman...as we all seem to have acquired it! Watch out girls...married life and motherhood takes its toll!!:D
Barbara

AlexandraBuckle
30-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Good luck with your diet! You can do it xxx

agent_44
30-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Hehe, good I idea Di! :D

Su, hope day 1 is going well so far, just thingk of the end result you want when it gets tough :)

Charlotte
30-07-2009, 09:27 AM
That sounds awful Su! How long has it been since the op? Do you do anything other than the treadmill? I've always been told to go swimming but I'm not a fan of swimsuits:"> And Pilates is very good as Barbara said, but you'd probably have to do very expensive one on one lessons like me:rolleyes: I find the cross trainer without the swinging arms is very good (low impact, no twisting).

Barbara - I almost feel fit enough to take on the challenge of having babies... but it sounds like it'll just knock me back over the edge again... may be next year then;)

bustagasket
30-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Lol I had my op on 2.8.05 and havent swam for a long time because having my head up in the water (which helps if you dont want to drown) was a little uncomfortable. I am very bad at exercising these days, and so am really gonna have to force myself to get off the laptop and onto the treadmill lol.

Day 1, i had a cup of black Ceylon tea when i got up, and at 8am i had my first shake. Not bad, quite satisfying, and am looking forward to 12 when i can have my soup lol. I have had one big mug of hot water so far, and am about to get another, as i would normally be having a bit of my lunch by now lol so its a habit that i have to break. That will be followed by another shake at 4 and another at 8. After the first three days i will be able to sustitute one of the shakes with a bar, so looking forward to that as we had a taster session last night and i really liked the fruit one, the cranberry one and mostly the toffee one (making my mouth water thinking about it lol) so they will probably be my evening treat. I have some water flavouring too so i will have to remember to bring that to work with me.

I have promised myself that i will be able to get out all my nice clothes that were put in the loft at the end of this diet, and actually be able to wear them, so that will feel good again :D

MuranoSilver
30-07-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm also in the "Jewellers with extra poundage" category, do you thing it's something to do with our jobs :-O
I started the Alli programme last week (you know the pills on the Ads that eat fat).
They have one of those "online planners" and I did my first check n weigh this morning. 8lbs!!!! Woooo v.v.happy
Signed up to the gym a few days ago this has motivated me to actually go!!
Tonight I'm going to dig out my swimming costume, hmm I've read the book
which will I choose? :D
http://www.muranosilver.com/images/diet-swimwear.jpg

Nic x

bustagasket
30-07-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm also in the "Jewellers with extra poundage" category, do you thing it's something to do with our jobs :-O
I started the Alli programme last week (you know the pills on the Ads that eat fat).
They have one of those "online planners" and I did my first check n weigh this morning. 8lbs!!!! Woooo v.v.happy
Signed up to the gym a few days ago this has motivated me to actually go!!
Tonight I'm going to dig out my swimming costume, hmm I've read the book
which will I choose? :D
http://www.muranosilver.com/images/diet-swimwear.jpg

Nic x

WTG YOU!!!!! Huge congrats on that loss and erm, nic i hate to burst you bubble hun but erm, i think you need to trust the guide on the swimwear til ya lose a few more pounds. Last thing you want to look like is this
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1511/revoltingwoman.th.jpg

MuranoSilver
30-07-2009, 12:12 PM
ROFL - Niiiiiice :Y:
Nic x

Di Sandland
30-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Su - how did you get hold of that old holiday pic of me?

bustagasket
30-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Oopsie, i should have used it to blackmail all your equipement off you heehee

Ominicci
30-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Su - YOU CAN DO IT!!! If that man just drank water and vitamin supplements to loose 10 St then you can drink milkless tea (yuk) and shakes.

I too feel grateful for all those ailments I don't have (except sciatica every so often) but do find that the women's only gym where you do a load of different 30 second exercises on various quipments and steps has helped that tremendously. I go to an Energie one fitness for women (http://www.effw.co.uk/) but there is also a chain called Curves too.

EmmaRose
30-07-2009, 12:59 PM
me need to lose weight too! just got engaged, want to have a normal size wedding dress!!! :help:
Em

bustagasket
30-07-2009, 01:03 PM
me need to lose weight too! just got engaged, want to have a normal size wedding dress!!! :help:
Em

I'm doing LighterLife, its fast but harsh, but my friend lost 8 stone on it a couple of years ago and still looks fantastic so i thought i would give it a go. Thanks for all the support everyone[[]]

Di Sandland
30-07-2009, 01:31 PM
My friend lost a lot of weight on that too - then met a man and got engaged! Its very expensive tho...

bustagasket
30-07-2009, 01:54 PM
tell me about it :((

bustagasket
30-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Well that was my last shake for the day, feel pretty good, so far, wasnt too bad a first day at all, apart from trying to drink so much water - not my strong point lol. So we will see what day two holds :D

EmmaRose
30-07-2009, 08:09 PM
I have done it before, just hate diets where you feel hungry all the time!! Best I found so far is Carol Vordermans detox, BUT having done it for awhile (I lost the weight before, put it back on) it reaches a point where you just can't face the same food over and over, or it tastes like cardboard.....ick :-(
my weakness is crisps, bread, cheese and chips......my fiance falls for the sweet stuff.....
Em

reikiangel
30-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Hiya

Im 5ft and 12st10lbs and im fed up of it.
I went to the docs on Tuesday and he has put me on Xenical.
It works by stopping your body absorbing any fat from what you eat so i have to take one before each meal so 3 times a day.
The doc warned me that i may experience incontinence when i pass wind ... pmsl .... cos the stools become greasy cos of the fat coming out!!!!:-O

I also have to exercise at least 3 times a week and do something that makes me out of breath for 20 mins each time and then work up to 5 times a week.

I love swimming but i dye my hair red and i only use a semi permanent so it comes out in water .... i bought a swimming cap but look like an egg!:rofl::rofl:

Good luck ladies xxxx

(i also have a back problem .. ive got degenerative disc disorder .. the bottom 2 discs have worn away) are we all falling apart???

MuranoSilver
30-07-2009, 09:45 PM
reikiangel
Xenicals active ingredient is Orlistat and each tablet is (if memory serves) about 120mg. The non-prescription pills Alli that I'm taking are 60mg of Orlistat, so we're on a similar programme :D

Did the doc also tell you to get some multi-vitamins and take them last thing at night after all your meals are over? You might need to up your intake of Vitamins A,D,E & K as they are fat soluble and you can lose some along with the fat that the Orlistat has bound to....

Check with your doctor but that's what it says in the Alli directions and they're only half the strength of yours ;)
Nic xx

reikiangel
30-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Nic
Yes they are 120mg.
The doc didnt say anything about vitamins but i looked it up on the internet when i got home.
I do take vitamins already but ill have to check what i need.

When did you start yours?

I did look at Alli and other stuff in Boots but they all said see your doc before you start any program so i thought i may aswell see if he can give me something.
My only concern is that i dont eat very fatty food anyway so will it still help me?
Today ive had Bran flakes for breakfast, wholemeal roll with philadelphia and salad for lunch and i made a vegetable and lentil curry for dinner and i only use a very small amount of oil.

Good luck with yours honey .. its good to have someone going through the same thing to talk to xxx

MuranoSilver
30-07-2009, 09:59 PM
I started it last Thursday, so today was my first weigh in & I lost 8lb!! :D
Will imagine that's just the first week bonus but I'd be happy with a 1/2 to 1lb a week
(I put it on slow, so don't mind if it come off slow).

Nice of the Doctor to let you do your own research... :-O
A lot of vitamin tablets don't have K so might be worth checking.
You'd be amazed at how much hidden fat there is in food but if your diet is lowish fat
anyway then you might avoid some of those
dreaded consequences =:-O

Nic xx
(thankfully consequence free!)

agent_44
30-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Well done on getting through the first day Su :)

Lindyloo
30-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Well I've just discovered this thread too - I told you I was hopeless.

I just wanted to wish you luck Su. Also, have you tried back-stroke in the swimming pool. It's much more relaxing for your head. Swimming is a brilliant exercise for your whole body.

I hope that your program brings you back onto normal food quite soon. Loosing weight and keeping fit is a lifestyle change, and it needs to be something you can sustain for ever!! And once you get fitter, you will feel much better, and your back should feel more comfortable.

I have to admit to being a bit of a fitness freak. But I have had to give up my gym membership because of financial problems.:'( And I now look terrible. I am going to have to do something at home, though, before the situation gets worse.

So keep up the good work everyone![[]]

MuranoSilver
31-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Yep well done Su
I've tried Lighterlife and it didn't suit me (lost a stone in a week, but couldn't cope with the dust diet). I admire your willpower - You go girl!! :D
nicxx

The Bijou Dragon
31-07-2009, 12:39 AM
Another Orlistat user here too...

Di Sandland
31-07-2009, 01:17 AM
I've done the yellow knickers stuff too (Orlistat) a few years back and found it quite remarkable stuff. I tended to abuse it tho, in the end, i.e. eat fatty foods because I knew it would go straight through (oh and how!).

Because of my underlying health problems there is the slimmest of chances (pun intended) that my docs will put me forward for gastric band surgery. I would grab that with both hands despite my old man's disapproval!

The Bijou Dragon
31-07-2009, 03:42 AM
Because of my underlying health problems there is the slimmest of chances (pun intended) that my docs will put me forward for gastric band surgery. I would grab that with both hands despite my old man's disapproval!

I looked at that in great depth a while ago and I've come to the conclusion NO ONE should ever have it.

Did you know, you might go through it and lose NO weight whatsoever, you are virtually killing your body through malnutrition and have to take a cocktail of drugs to stay alive AND they have no long term cases to see what the long term health risks are.

I read through pages and pages of info that my GP gave me in order to try and convince me to do it and I told him where he could stick it in the end!

I don't care about the success cases when the horrible side effects are ramped up against just losing a few pounds!

I don't mean to sound aggressive about it but I will try and talk ANYONE out of going through with that.

Also the fatality rate is horrific... just during the surgery! =:-O

bustagasket
31-07-2009, 05:58 AM
It great to hear everyone swapping stories and hopefully we can all support each others. My doc tried me on Xenicol but it didnt seem to work for me. Heres hoping that this does :( Keep at it al you gals that are losing and keep us nformed with your progress, it kinda helps with my incentive :D

Di Sandland
31-07-2009, 06:47 AM
I looked at that in great depth a while ago and I've come to the conclusion NO ONE should ever have it.

I promise I'll check it out if I'm offered the opportunity.

:X

kymbi
31-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Well done Su in getting through your first day and hope it's a little easier for you today :)

Just tripped over this thread ~ the "diet" in the title had me running...yep, I'm in the "short for my weight" category and could do with losing 3-4st. It's good to see I'm not alone and it's probably an occupational hazard of sitting on our butts at the bench for too long...aided and abetted by buns ;)

I've had xenical in the past and hated it ~ the thought of "fecal leakage" had me squirming before I even popped one so I was quite disciplined about my food. I found that on even on really good days my stomach was bubbling all the time and I felt really queasy so I gave it up. I might have go down the more-exercise route ...

Solunar Silver Studio
31-07-2009, 08:39 AM
I thought I might as well step onto this bandwaggon... I'm a bit of a weirdo.:D I don't trust doctors...they just hand out chemicals with no real knowledge of what side effects they have - even less when there are 2 or 3 (or more =:-O) different drugs combining in your genetically unique and delicately balanced body. I read a lot and draw my own conclusions about the best way to keep this ole body of mine going strong!

I have recently read a theory that a lot of weight gain in recent years is due to malnutrition...which seems weird when we all eat so much...but they say commercial packaged food is so devoid of real unprocessed nutrients nowadays that the body - desperate to survive - retains everything it can in order to wring out anything useful that's left in there! Now that sounds pretty plausible to me. So it's back to the fresh organic veggies and fruit, nuts and seeds...with just a smidgen of organically 'grown' meat and fish and loads of variety - so you get all the vitamins and phytonutrients going! (and the odd square of dark chocolate to make life worth living!!):D

I think it is the route I'll take anyway! Good luck with the pill popping...and the laundry!!=:-O

Barbara

Di Sandland
31-07-2009, 08:49 AM
I think on balance that I tend to agree Barbara - I mean, as a child of the 50's I was brought up on fresh food, grown locally and shopped for daily. I wasn't fat and neither were my brothers or my friends.

I do have added issues in that the Behcets has resulted in reduced mobility due to painful joints - which would be better if I could only lose weight :(| plus the move from being on my feet for up to 12 hours a day supporting labouring women to sitting at a pc or a workbench.

Oh, here's one for you - the meds. I take 10 different meds a day (prescribed) with extra at the weekend (an immunosuppresant).

:help:

Solunar Silver Studio
31-07-2009, 09:22 AM
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
That's one hell of a soup you're brewing!!=:-O=:-O:eek:

Barbara -- I must get off this damn site and do some work!!!!

bustagasket
31-07-2009, 10:32 AM
lol so true all the process muck and everyones obsession with sterility has completely cocked us up.

Ominicci
31-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Sounds like it Su! But I hate cooking so ready made meals are right up my street...:"> And are especially useful when at 9pm daughter says 'Are we having any tea tonight?'

bustagasket
31-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Sounds like it Su! But I hate cooking so ready made meals are right up my street...:"> And are especially useful when at 9pm daughter says 'Are we having any tea tonight?'

Rofl yes this house is like tht too - i never know if i am supposed to be cooking for any of them, what happened to family meal times?:mad:

bustagasket
31-07-2009, 11:42 AM
OMG I just had the tomato soup and it was foul!!! I had a chicken one yesterday which was ok but kinda granular or powdery but nothing too major so i didnt mind, but the tomato one seemed really powdery and was even making me cough cos it didnt flow right. Wont be having tomato any more, apart from the ones i have already got for this week :(

bustagasket
31-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Nearly thru day two, one more shake at 8, thought i felt hungry at one point but i actually think it was more of a habit than actual hunger. Havent done as well on the drinking side today as i was card making and so i dont get liquid near it lol. But all packed up for the night now, head pounding so time to stop, so i can now relax and read on here without guilt and play my online game and browse ebay and all the jewellery links i have been collecting :D

reikiangel
31-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Well done Su ... yuk to the tomato soup tho :-O

Nic im waiting for the fat to start coming out :"> havent seen any yet but only been twice since Tues (too much info) so time will tell.
Thanks for the info on the vitamins babe xxx

I had a tummy tuck in 2002 so im really angry with myself for putting weight on. After having the children i just had lots of excess skin that just hung so my doc referred me to a plastic surgeon.

Good luck everyone xxx

bustagasket
31-07-2009, 07:38 PM
This is so wonderful, for once i dont feel alone in my "fatness" having all my pregnancies was also the start of my wight problem and then my non exercise cs of my back gave me the rest, plus comfort eating when i am fed up (90% of the time)

My youngest bought himself a Wii and Wii fit a couple of weeks ago so he challenges me on that a lot so i am trying to make sure i always accept so that it burns a few calories. So tonight we have been brawing and playing table tennis and normal tennis and i darent think what else he has in store lol. I took him to buy a oad of 2nd hand games he found in the paper today so we are trying them out.
Atm he is on a single player thing while i was having my fnal shake for the day. The hocolate one is definately my favourite :D

Keep it up girls we can do it!!

MuranoSilver
31-07-2009, 07:54 PM
I used to like the choc n banana one and the soup water snacky things you get later are acutally quite nice :-O
nicxx

caroleallen
31-07-2009, 09:39 PM
My fave is the strawberry. When I was doing it properly I used to microwave the chicken soup and turn it into a big crisp which was nice for a change. I also made muffins with the choc one a couple of times. The only soup I like now is vegetable. Also can't get on with the porridge as it always goes lumpy.
I also used to use the vanilla shake in my coffee which was yummy.

Charlotte
31-07-2009, 10:41 PM
How is everyone doing? So who is on a diet now? Mine starts on monday and I want to get down to 10st:-O This will be a good moaning thread I think;)

I had 2 bottles of wine and chocolate pudding last night so I'm all ready to go;)

bustagasket
01-08-2009, 06:16 AM
my fav shake is definately the chocolate one, but i dont mind an odd strawberry or banana one. I didnt mind the chicken soup, but the tomato just didnt work, and today i have the vegitable. we tried the chew bars before we started, and my favourite is the toffee one, and then i dont mind the cranberry one or the fruit one, would have the peanut one just occasionally.

AlexandraBuckle
01-08-2009, 11:41 AM
So far i have done two full days without eating anything off my Weight Watchers naughty list. :D
I lost most of the weight I wanted rid of last year, so this year has been a bit yoyo-y. But absolutely must be good now as I'm trying my wedding dress on Wednesday =:-O
Hoping the alterations will be correct!

bustagasket
01-08-2009, 12:56 PM
You CAN do it! and think how pleased you will be when you try on your dress :D

reikiangel
01-08-2009, 04:24 PM
ooh a wedding ... well that is a incentive to lose weight ... i hope the fitting goes well and dont forget you cant lose too much weight once its been fitted:)
My hubby is a wedding photographer and i used to look at some of his pics and the bride was very big and i would wonder why they hadnt slimmed down for the wedding but then i thought ... if she's happy that way then its up to her ... and i think anyone can look gorgeous in a wedding dress whatever size they are xxx

AlexandraBuckle
01-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Ah thanks, I'd quite like some wine tonight...but NO! I mustn't! :(|

Although I'm thrilled i managed to lose so much weight last year, it has been really hard to keep it off. Hopefully by Wednesday I'll have lost the couple of pounds I want to get rid of, but then I've got to stay the same for 6 weeks! Its going to be tricky! [-o<

bustagasket
02-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Well it happened, we went out last night to my brother-in-laws 40th birthday bash, i made sure i had had my shake before we went, we had a terrifically log walk from where we parked as it was in the centre of Brighton, and it was "Pride Week" so the place was overflowing, and when i got there i dutifully asked for a soda water. The glass came back with so much in it - straw, stirrers, umbrellas etc, you get the idea, and i guzzled it cos i was so hot from the walk. I got 2/3rds of the way down it when i kept thinking, this really doesnt taste like my soda water at home, and then when i moved things about in the glass, i saw it, they had put a slice of lemon in it. I took one look and my heart sank, the lady at the group had specifically said you couldn't have lemon in your tea or anything cos of the ascorbic acid. So thats buggered up this week for me. I never thought to specify "without lemon" and they never gave me a choice. I am gutted, i have been so good, but today i should have been in Ketosis and i probably am not now, and i start the chew bars today and you are meant to be in it before you start them. I am sat here crying cos i want it to work so bad, and i did everything right, but just didnt spot the lemon lurking under the umbrella :((

Lindyloo
02-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Don't worry Su. It wasn't your fault. And perhaps not too much of the ascorbic acid came out of the lemon. You didn't actually eat the lemon I presume. And it is more important that you want to succeed, so hang in there.

Linda:X

bustagasket
02-08-2009, 10:06 AM
thanks linda it really got to me, cos once i realised what it was i recognised the flavour i had been tasting. Guess i will find out how much damage it did on weds evening when i weigh in :-s

Charlotte
02-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Su - How can a slice of lemon effect your weight?!=:-O That sounds like a complicated diet!!!

Alexandra, I'm with you... Although I've already had my dress fitting its a corset dress so I can loose as much as I want (or gain it#-o) I put on 2lbs this week, damn birthday celebrations;) Gym going starts tomorrow, I'm thinking 30mins 4 days a week (as well as normal exercise).

Solunar Silver Studio
02-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Aw - poor Su. Whatever you do, don't let something from the past throw you or your determination to succeed. It is all a state of mind. Tell yourself that you will succeed in losing the weight you planned to this week despite the slip. If you keep thinking about it you will begin to think that the whole thing is hopeless now and won't work ...and that will erode your determination. You can't change what happened so forget it...but you still have control of what you are doing now....so get to it girl!![]:D

AlexandraBuckle
02-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Su - don't worry! Its not like you squeezed the lemon...?
I bet hardly any lemon came out.
You have done so well so far - don't let one ickle bit of lemon get you down!

Chin up!

Charlottte - clever you, getting a corset type dress, why didn't i think of that? Why didn't i try harder when i had the chance? Gah, its too late now, just have to stay the same as I am now!
...I'm going to check up on you to see if you go to the gym tomorrow....You won't only be letting yourself down if you don't, you'll be letting ALL OF US DOWN!! Haha! Sorry :)

I did one more day with no naughty points :D so you have to be good too!

Di Sandland
02-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Su - forget the bloody lemon. Okay, so the rules say you mustn't have lemon but in one slice of lemon there will be very little ascorbic acid. Don't dwell on it - forget it. Just be proud of how well you've done and, anyway, if it was somebody else who put the lemon in there, how have you failed?

[]:X:Y:

Charlotte
02-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Should I be scared of lemon? There are 2 in my fruit bowl=:-O In fact when I'm on a healthy eating plan I have a slice of ginger and lemon in hot water to start the day! Is it like a chemical diet type affair? You sound like you're doing awfully well, a slip up for me would be a bottle and a brownie[-o<

I will go Alexandra, I couldn't take the telling off you might give me. No I just have to decide if I want to go for 9am or 2pm each day. Lol, so what is your wedding dress diet? I love my dress so much... we will have to take photos!!!

And I'm going to have to stop cooking Thai food (I go through phases;)) coconut milk is not my friend#-o

bustagasket
02-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Hi all, I dnno why it matter so much but its something about it taking me out of ketosis which is the state i need to be in for my body to use my fat stores for energy instead of what i am putting in my mouth. I am tryng to forget about it, but will ring my lady tomorrow to ask her about it. You are right, i didnt do it myself but i will be well pigged off if it has damaged my weight loss this week :(

AlexandraBuckle
02-08-2009, 04:48 PM
I will go Alexandra, I couldn't take the telling off you might give me. No I just have to decide if I want to go for 9am or 2pm each day. Lol, so what is your wedding dress diet? I love my dress so much... we will have to take photos!!!

And I'm going to have to stop cooking Thai food (I go through phases;)) coconut milk is not my friend#-o

Yum, we love thai food (hence the honeymoone in Thailand :) )

I'm doing the weight watchers core plan. You stick to three meals a day and can eat as much as you like off the good list but have to count the points of the naughty food on the bad list. You are sposed to not go over 21 points a week, but I do a lot of exercise and was getting away with 30-40 points a week and still losing about 2 pound a week. Yay!.

Coconut milk is one of the highest naughty foods on the list - it is a big no no at the moment!

You can have fruit and veg in between meals.

I am kind of still sticking to the rules as a guidline now but no longer counting points. Apart from this week where I needed to do some drastic work! and I'm trying not to have any points at all! Managing so far...

reikiangel
02-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Su - keep going as if you didnt have the lemon and im sure everything will be ok. Im sure just having the slice in your glass wouldnt make too much difference cos its not like it had been squeezed in like you would the lemon and ginger drink... the content of actual lemon would be so minimal sweetheart. Also if you have it in your head that youve failed it may lead to thinking 'stuff it im just gonna eat what i want'.
You have been doing fab so keep going, we are all behind you with our fat arses too [[]]

Ang xxx

bustagasket
02-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Su - keep going as if you didnt have the lemon and im sure everything will be ok. Im sure just having the slice in your glass wouldnt make too much difference cos its not like it had been squeezed in like you would the lemon and ginger drink... the content of actual lemon would be so minimal sweetheart. Also if you have it in your head that youve failed it may lead to thinking 'stuff it im just gonna eat what i want'.
You have been doing fab so keep going, we are all behind you with our fat arses too [[]]

Ang xxx

Thanks all, i have stayed good and only eaten my shakes and soup like a good girl. Had my first chew bar tonight, but didnt enjoy it as much as i hope. I loved the taste when we tested them at the class lol, perhaps my taste buds werent ready for it. I have felt peckish today but i think thats cos i have spent the day making my necklace set and i havent been drinking as much.

I wont slip knowlingly, just wanna smack the girl behind the bar lol [[]]

AlexandraBuckle
03-08-2009, 08:25 AM
I will go Alexandra, I couldn't take the telling off you might give me. No I just have to decide if I want to go for 9am or 2pm each day.

So are you at the gym me wonders.... Theres no green light, but you may be trying to mislead us...

bustagasket
05-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Well i have just got back from my group meeting and........................the lemon didnt hurt because i stuck to it and carried on :D
I did me wee stick and i am in ketosis so thats good, and how much weight did i lose this week........................(drum roll please).............8lb !!!! woooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo

Now that probably wont happen every week lol, and some people dont lose a regular 4-5 lb per week but instead lose maybe 1 or 2 for a few weeks and then BAM! they lose 10lb the next week then back to 1 or 2, so we shall see how my body wants to play this, but for the moment, i am over the moon :D And i still have my choccy shake to have tonight in about 40 mins.

I is one happy bunny (inset dancing bunny emote here)

julie
05-08-2009, 07:26 PM
well done you thats great :Y:

AlexandraBuckle
06-08-2009, 08:07 AM
yay! Thats brilliant! Well done you :Y:

Charlotte
06-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Well done!!! Keep up the good work! Beware the evil lemons =:-O

The Bijou Dragon
06-08-2009, 02:37 PM
WOW That's GREAT news :Y::Y::Y:

I'm so chuffed you you Su, keep it up!

bustagasket
07-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks everyone, being a good girl again so far, although i really have to step up the exercise instead of playing with beads, and typing here, but i cant thank you all enough for your support, you cant imagine how much thats helping me :D [[]]

agent_44
10-08-2009, 09:46 PM
:-D :-D :-D

Just got home from Holland, and thought I would pop in here veery quickly!

That's brilliant news, well done, not surprised you are pleased! Are you managing to stick to the plan OK?

bustagasket
11-08-2009, 06:00 AM
yeah not bad at all, smelling bacon butties is real hard, but i have been a very good girl and drunk water while they scoffed :D

Charlotte
11-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Well I put on 2lbs, lol... I hate weekends... I'm not going anywhere or seeing anyone any more! Why is dieting so antisocial!? #-o Feeling very fit with all this going to the gym though:Y:

Next weigh in must be soon isn't it Su?

caroleallen
11-08-2009, 06:58 AM
Well done on the massive weight loss. I lost 8lb in my first week too. I went to my class last night and looked again at my before and after pictures which are amazing. Unfortunately though I've put some back on, so I'm back in abstinence again. I actually feel a lot better when I'm on the programme and have more energy. Hope I can do it this time as it does get harder.

bustagasket
11-08-2009, 07:32 AM
Well done on the massive weight loss. I lost 8lb in my first week too. I went to my class last night and looked again at my before and after pictures which are amazing. Unfortunately though I've put some back on, so I'm back in abstinence again. I actually feel a lot better when I'm on the programme and have more energy. Hope I can do it this time as it does get harder.

you can do it cos we are all here to support you, so you've had a little stumble, put it behind you and concentrate on this week, and i am sure it will all be good :)[[]]

bustagasket
12-08-2009, 06:36 PM
had my weigh in tonight and lost 3lb this week so total so far is 11lb in 2 weeks :)

Di Sandland
12-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Well done you - that's bloody good for 2 weeks; next week you'll be over a stone down!

=D>=D>=D>

bustagasket
12-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Hope so, i will be very chuffed if it happens, i mean it WILL happen :D

agent_44
12-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Now I am back from my holildays (well I have one more, a few days in Cornwall at the end of Aug, but it is for my birthday!) I figured it was time to get cracking with losing the weight I have put on over the last year and a half. Reason I gained it was due to stress and depression, basically because of my living arrangements after I split up with my husband, and as soon as I rectified that, my previous job. I'm a bit of a compulsive eater when I'm in stressful situations, what you might call a real comfort eater!

So, I need a plan. From tomorrow I am goign to be watching my calories. I have gained and lost weight before though, not always been successful and I am totally scared, know I can't stay the way I am but also worried I haven't got the power to lose the weight.

Wasn't sure I agreed with Lighter Life, but after Su's success so far with it I have been reading into it and decided to look into it, mainly because I read a lot of good things about the counselling side of it. Going to ring up about it tomorrow, but rather terrified about not eating real food for a long period, how I will manage social events etc.

Anyone with experience of this - how did you manage it? Was it doable? I would rather people not knwo what I was doing to be honest, could I manage that? I think I have about a million questions!

bustagasket
12-08-2009, 09:18 PM
the counselling is excellent, i am learning so much about how i think and use food, and i have been very pleasantly surprised about my lack of hunger, and when shopping this morning i was looking at food with such immunity it was quite amusing. I find mell much harder to deal with - i bought a tiger loaf for the boys today and the smell has tormented me very badly, but my resplve has been strong and hopefully they will dispatch the loaf fast lol.

So atm i am feeling vry positive about it and enjoying the loss lol

Socialising etc is all possible - i have already spoken to the pub that we go to every month or two for a meal with some friends, and asked them if they would be willing to make my soup for me, and most people are ameanable.

Have a good chat with the counsellor with all your questions and go to an introductory evvening as ii found that very useful

Hope that helps

caroleallen
13-08-2009, 07:02 AM
It is absolutely possible. I was really strictly on it for about 7 months, and then Christmas happened! Since Christmas, when I moved onto the next stage, I've found it really hard to stay on it and consequently I've gained a bit. I'm back on it now though and hope to lose what I need to in about 2 months. The weight doesn't go back on any more quickly than on any normal diet. If I'm honest, I think I'll probably always be in a situation where I'm either losing weight or gaining. The counselling helps when you're in abstinence but once you start eating food, I'm afraid it's not easy.

agent_44
13-08-2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks for your feebdback. I emailed the local group last night, as I would like to find out some more, but the more I think about it, I have doubts. My boyfriend and I get invited out to eat a lot, and I'm wondering if basic calorie and fat control would fit in with my life better. I thought I might try that, using Alli in the meantime to try and boost my losses. If I was to do LL I couldn't start it until September so it'll give me time to think about it and see how I get on!

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 06:53 PM
went for my weigh in at the end of week three and another 3lb lost so a full 14lbs gone now. so thats the first stone under my belt :D

Ominicci
19-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Su that's FANTASTIC!!!:respekt::)))

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 07:26 PM
thankeeeeeee :D

julie
19-08-2009, 07:48 PM
thats great , well done :Y:

Di Sandland
19-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Very well done, Su' - keep at it :Y:

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 07:51 PM
ta very muchly :D

MuranoSilver
19-08-2009, 07:52 PM
=D> :worthy: Superb Result!!

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 08:05 PM
=D> :worthy: Superb Result!!

HeeHee ty We all have lost about the same and we are 1 week in advance as you hope to lose a stone a month, but this month of course did have the big first week loss in it so it will probably even back out.

Lindyloo
19-08-2009, 08:27 PM
That's fantastic Su,.... she says tucking into cheese and biccies. [-X

bustagasket
19-08-2009, 09:07 PM
*smack think of MY waistline! :-P But thank you :D

AlexandraBuckle
20-08-2009, 10:00 AM
well done Su, thats great news!

bustagasket
20-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Thanks very much :D

bustagasket
26-08-2009, 07:56 PM
went to class tonight, another 2lb gone so 16lb altogether at the end of week 4. How are all you doing on your diets, really helps me when i know others are working on it too

Di Sandland
26-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Least said soonest mended over here, Su'. Struggling a bit with a health issue, which doesn't help. But its all excuses really, as my OH so often tells me.

Well done you, anyways.

=D>

bustagasket
26-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Ty hun, just smack him round the face with a week old kipper when he says that :P health issues interfere a lot!

The Dragon
27-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Hi one and all, I'm a bit late to this post.

When I started at my new store last Sept I was 20st and a size 26. I'm one of the luckier people because I don't have major health issues that hold me back but I realised that I would very soon if I didn't loose a lot of weight!

Diets have never worked for me - I think it must be a mind thing with me - I go on a diet, try really hard and nothing happens - but if I'm in a positive frame of mind about life in general I have good results.

Just after Xmas last year I noticed that my work trousers were a bit loose, then a little while later I could pull them down without unzipping them, so I paid a bit more attention to it. Long storey short, I'm now just over 17st and a size 20/22.

The reason for this - well running around like a mad thing for 9 hours a day gives me great exercise, working changing shifts means that my 'evening' meals often consist of a grilled 'meat' with steamed veg or salad cos' it's easy for my OH to prep it and start it off just before I come home but is not slaving in the kitchen all evening. But I think the main reason is that I'm happy, a lot less stressed and not needing the couple of glasses of wine every night to relax.

I guess I've had a lifestyle change without realising it.

I'm glad everybody else is so positive about losing weight, that's half the battle. United we stand divided we fall, well done everyone!

=D>=D>=D>

bustagasket
27-08-2009, 06:26 AM
Woot welldone!!!! Yes changing your lifestyle decfinately seems to be the key, i wish my job was more active as i sit in front of a desk all day and drive to work ad then sit with my laptop in the evenings on here lol. I think you are right if you are happy that makes a huge difference too :D

So well done again, thats really kool :D

bustagasket
02-09-2009, 06:20 PM
End of week 5 sees another 4lb gone so 20lb altogether now :D

Emerald
02-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Well done Su,

i cant wait for the kids to go back so i can stop eating and drinking Alcohol it seems to get earlier and earlier, Sketchers have come out with a new shoe that are supposed to help you lose weight as you walk, a couple of girls have got some more expensive ones and they do seem to work so i am going to invest in a pair as i have to walk through a park between the two schools, i started a diet once cos my skirt was getting a bit tight and then found out a few weeks later i was pregnant lol

bustagasket
02-09-2009, 07:27 PM
not heard of the shoes!!!! Hope they work for you :D

amazingbabe
09-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Have only read through this thread, Su you are doing amazing :) I started last tuesday when kids went back to school.. Weighed myself today and am down 2lbs, thrilled with myself, but i would love to know what you are doing su as you are flying

bustagasket
09-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Woot congratulations!!!

I am on the LighterLife programme which is harsh and fast lol. Weigh in tonight, dont feel like its gonna be a good week today tho, but i guess we shall see

agent_44
09-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Su's my inspiration! :worthy: I joined LighterLife last night and am doing my first day today. Just eating a porridge foodpack now, it's not your average porridge, lol!

bustagasket
09-09-2009, 01:01 PM
i have never liked porridge so i never tried that one lol

caroleallen
09-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Well done Su and Annie and everyone else who's dieting. Having lost 3.5 stone last year with LL and getting down to size 10/12, I've put some back on and am 14/16! It's such a slippery slope. I started (yet again) back on LL yesterday. Today I've got a blinding headache but I know that will pass. I really hope I can stick to it this time. I must keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.[-X

bustagasket
09-09-2009, 01:20 PM
yup this is the easy bit :)

agent_44
09-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Well as long as I am busy I am OK so far, but I keep thinking "what time's my next food pack?" constanly, must occupy my mind!

I'm just so scared that I will let myself down, and not be able to stick to it!

AlexandraBuckle
09-09-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm feeling guilty - I just ate a yummy slice of cheesecake! Nooooooo!1!!!

I can't wait until the wedding is over! I can't bear the guilt of being naughty any longer!

Aaaarrrggghhh!

I'm gonna be twice the size by Christmas!

bustagasket
09-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Well as long as I am busy I am OK so far, but I keep thinking "what time's my next food pack?" constanly, must occupy my mind!

I'm just so scared that I will let myself down, and not be able to stick to it!

I still look for the next pack hun, but the difference is, i wait for it instead of reaching for anything else :)

agent_44
09-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Oh yes, defeats the point otherwise!

I think I might make myself a black tea, the excitement!!! :Y:

bustagasket
09-09-2009, 02:03 PM
lol i use the water flavourers too and love them in soda water. Got an hour before my soup :D

agent_44
09-09-2009, 02:50 PM
We weren't given the option to buy those last night but will next week apparently. Is the St Clements one Lemon flavour? Planning on doing that same as you with them.

Ooh, I thought I would try having packs at 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm - nearly time!

bustagasket
09-09-2009, 02:57 PM
i have fruits of the forest and the st clements one, and just its a definately citrus not just lemons. those two seem to be my groups fsvourites. I like the bars too :D

caroleallen
09-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Good luck Lucinda. You'll be amazed how much you lose. Just hoping I can do it again.

caroleallen
09-09-2009, 04:22 PM
I like the orange flavoured water. If you don't know already, Marigold Bouillon is the same stuff as the savoury drink only muuch cheaper.

The only packs I have now are vanilla (to go in coffee), strawberry, veg soup, cranberry bars and peanut bars. I occasionally have a porridge but find it a bit lumpy.

I get through the day by using a teaspoon of vanilla in my coffee.

bustagasket
09-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Just got back 2lb gone so 22lb now.
I am very boring i have a choc shake for brekky (with lots of ice cubes thrown in the liquidiser at the same time :D) then a bar for 12, i lik the cranberry ones and the toffee and fruit ones, then at 4pm i have either chicken or veg soup and the at 8pm i have another choccy soup - will make it a hot choccy when we go camping lol

AlexandraBuckle
09-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Well done Su!
Wish I was doing as well a you! I keep getting stessed and being naughty!

Keep up the good work and don't be naughty like me :)

caroleallen
09-09-2009, 07:15 PM
That's a really good loss. How many weeks have you been on it Su?

bustagasket
09-09-2009, 07:17 PM
That's a really good loss. How many weeks have you been on it Su?

That was the end of week 6

caroleallen
09-09-2009, 07:31 PM
If only I'd stuck with it when you started 6 weeks ago, I could be back at my goal by now grr! DH is eating bacon and eggs which is smelling fab! Never mind, back to the dust.

agent_44
09-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks Carole,

I've managed to get through it today, had a soup this evening that I put too much liquid into, also it was powdery and tickled my throat which kept making me cough!

I'm feeling extra extra tired, been to the Supermarket to stock up on water and teas, I felt like evrything was taunting me, even the apples! Now I think I will get off to bed, put a DVD on and do some chainmail, see if I can stop thinking about food!

bustagasket
09-09-2009, 08:42 PM
hun tip for the soup - put it in the mug, add a little cold water and make into a paste, then top up with cold water and bung in the microwave for 1 min 40 sec (in a big mug)

With the shakes buy a cheap liquidiser (under £10 in tesco) add 200mil of water and about 10 or 11 ice cubes and whizz until they are chopped up. Makes a nice the thick shake.

amazingbabe
09-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Well done on your weight loss tonight su:Y: I have never heard of that over here in Ireland yet, anyway i never stick at anything diet related, But i have started walking so hope that helps me i need to lose 2 stone xoxoxo

bustagasket
09-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Thanks hun and walking has to be THE best excercise so yes i am sure you will see a change :D

Emerald
09-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Well girls i take my hat off to you that is one diet i couldent do the very best of luck to you x

Emerald
09-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Well done on your weight loss tonight su:Y: I have never heard of that over here in Ireland yet, anyway i never stick at anything diet related, But i have started walking so hope that helps me i need to lose 2 stone xoxoxo

have you seen the trainers by sketchers mentioned it before some of the mums at school have them deff. going to get a pair cheaper on amazonx

Ominicci
09-09-2009, 10:28 PM
You are doing really well on the LL, Su 22lb is amazing!!! An inspiration to all the rest []

bustagasket
09-09-2009, 10:36 PM
aww thankee, i think it just helps to know that others are doing it too

caroleallen
10-09-2009, 07:42 AM
I've just bought some Fitflop clogs which exercise your leg muscles as you walk. I've been wearing Fitflop sandals all summer and I've found my sciatica is so much better. The clogs are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn and I even use them as slippers as I can't bear to take them off.

bustagasket
10-09-2009, 07:45 AM
fantastic!

agent_44
10-09-2009, 08:04 AM
I'm not going to buy a cheap blender because I already have an expensive one, lol!

I have been using it too, shakes were OK, though they taste a little synthetic to me, guess that's to be expected. Not tried mixing up the soup from cold, will try it, thanks Su!

Day 2 and my porridge is better this morning, used less water and it's far more like normal porridge!

Carole, thanks for the Vanilla Coffee idea, I just made one and it's fab. Don't like black coffee, so that means I can still have some :D

bustagasket
10-09-2009, 08:55 AM
You welcome hun, you will soon find what suits you best :D

Ominicci
11-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Carole thanks for the info about the Fitflops - I have been looking at them on and off for a while now and will def get clogs now as I suffer from sciatica too, and my slippers are always that clog style anyway. Still not sure about the 'flops though.

agent_44
15-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Got my 1st weigh in tonight - know I have had a decent loss though as had lost 7.8 pounds at my pop in on Sunday, obviously welcoming any advance on that though!! Have to say though, it's been a bloody tough week! And at least 13 more to go, eep! Seeing results already though, should be worth it! :D

bustagasket
15-09-2009, 12:51 PM
you will be so thrilled tonihgt hun keep at it, its so gonna be worth it

agent_44
15-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I think so, although I moped around the house feeling sorry for myself half of this week. Feeling a lot better now though!

bustagasket
16-09-2009, 07:51 PM
End of week 7 and another 4lb bites the dust - 26lb gone. Another 2lb and i will have lost 2stone!!

[[]]

agent_44
17-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Woo! That'll make exactly 2 stone in 2 months :) Are you noticing much of a difference yet Su?

Charlotte
17-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Wow well done Su! How long are you on that diet for? I have no will power, going to be squeezing in to a wedding dress next Saturday and I'm thinking about making brownies later;)

amazingbabe
17-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Well done girls [] That is some going, i love to pop into this thread to see how ye have got on xxxx

bustagasket
17-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Woo! That'll make exactly 2 stone in 2 months :) Are you noticing much of a difference yet Su?

well i was lying on the bed the other night and went to scratch where my ribs are and froze solid cos there was this lump there, my OH looked at me and laughed and said "yes they are back" it was my sticky out ribs on my left side lol, not felt them for a very long time lol

Wow well done Su! How long are you on that diet for? I have no will power, going to be squeezing in to a wedding dress next Saturday and I'm thinking about making brownies later

I have just completed my 7th week, starting week 8 now :D

Well done girls [] That is some going, i love to pop into this thread to see how ye have got on xxxx

Yep i like to keep posting as i find the support is so helpful [[]]

agent_44
17-09-2009, 02:26 PM
well i was lying on the bed the other night and went to scratch where my ribs are and froze solid cos there was this lump there, my OH looked at me and laughed and said "yes they are back" it was my sticky out ribs on my left side lol, not felt them for a very long time lol

Su, that's so funny, you're nuts!! :D

bustagasket
07-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Well end of week 10 and another 3lb gone so 33lb altogether now. Last week i forgot to report a loss of 2lb which officially took me out of the obese range and into the overweight range which i was pretty chuffed about, and now my BMI is only about 4 points away from the top end of the normal range (although that dont go down as fast as the pounds lol) But even so its still progressing well and i am feeling soooooo much better :D

Emerald
07-10-2009, 06:38 PM
and lighter, well done Su xx

bustagasket
07-10-2009, 06:50 PM
and lighter, well done Su xx

lol yes a LOT lighter lol :D

snow_imp
08-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Well done Su!

Ominicci
08-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Brilliant Su! Well done, I'm sooooooo impressed. Surely you must have bought new jeans NOW :agree: ??

bustagasket
08-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Well done Su!

Ty :)

Brilliant Su! Well done, I'm sooooooo impressed. Surely you must have bought new jeans NOW :agree: ??

Lol I have plenty of clothes from when i wasnt this size, i can clothe myself pretty much all the way to a size 8 in fact lol but i wont be going that low at my age. But yes i am adjusting my wardrobe gradually, and its lovely :D thankfully i dont have to go out and buy new stuff lol

agent_44
08-10-2009, 12:33 PM
I got into a money panic the other day about having to buy new clothes as I shrank that I would only wear for a few weeks. The I realised I have clothes in 4 different sizes and I should be fine, lol. Just need to organise them all!

amazingbabe
08-10-2009, 03:33 PM
:DWell done su that is brilliant, you go girl :D

CDW Designs
08-10-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm doing LighterLife, its fast but harsh, but my friend lost 8 stone on it a couple of years ago and still looks fantastic so i thought i would give it a go. Thanks for all the support everyone[[]]

I think you are very brave to do this and I hope you succeed!! Luckily I dont have this problem, cant I like food that much. As they say, I eat to live not live to eat! Let us know how you get on over the weeks!!
:popcorn:

bustagasket
08-10-2009, 04:26 PM
I got into a money panic the other day about having to buy new clothes as I shrank that I would only wear for a few weeks. The I realised I have clothes in 4 different sizes and I should be fine, lol. Just need to organise them all!

Yep in my mind as i dont have to buy new clothes it means i have pennines for jewellery stuff :D

:DWell done su that is brilliant, you go girl :D

Ty hun, i'm getting there

caroleallen
08-10-2009, 06:24 PM
You're doing really well Su. I've been faffing around for weeks with it. I've finally got back to it and have been angelic for 5 days so far this week, so hopefully I can do it this time. It's so disappointing when you get down to your goal and then start to put it on again. I'm not the only one though, most people in my class have put some back on.

bustagasket
08-10-2009, 06:31 PM
yeah i am resigned to the fact that it will happen and that it will take some getting used to to keep it steady.

I am terrified of that first mouthful and having lapsed at aall just through pure fear lol
Glad you are focused again, you can do it Mrs :D[]

Ominicci
09-10-2009, 08:51 AM
I think the title of this thread should be changed to 'First Class Diet'!!! :Y:

amazingbabe
09-10-2009, 11:06 AM
OH my god jason you are unreal ha ha,,,,You are so funny teasing us bigger women like that..... one of these days your metabolism will slow down and you will realise what it is like to have to watch all food intake :'(

amazingbabe
09-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Ha Ha Ha you are a funny man xxx

Lisa Quinn
09-10-2009, 11:57 AM
I love Thornton's, my favourites are the Viennese Truffles mmmmmm deeelicious, I am such a good customer that they sent me some free Sherbert Dib Dabs in the post yesterday... yum yum..

bustagasket
09-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Well done girls, I was thing of you as I sat and stuffed a chinese takeaway yesterday and then ploughed my way through two packets of Thorntons mini chocolate brownies (god these are heavenly)!:D

You know that smack you reckon you are giving me? well you are getting an even bigger one back - I LOVE CHINESE!!!!!! :'((

geti-titanium
14-10-2009, 08:45 PM
OK - if I'm going to attract the woman of my dreams (oh yeah! :) ) I need to drop a few pounds, so this week I will mostly be having my hair cut. :Y:

bustagasket
14-10-2009, 08:46 PM
lol well its a start - lost another 2 lb this week

caroleallen
14-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Well done Su. I managed to lose 4lb, which is pretty amazing for me.

bustagasket
14-10-2009, 09:48 PM
wooT!! great result!!!!! :D:D:D:D

lorraineflee
15-10-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm due to go into hospital next week for a hip replacement op, on August 18th the consultant who is doing the surgery told me that I was "borderline morbidly obese" :( which scared the ..it out of me! I started an immediate healthy eating calorie counting diet (an app on my iPhone!) and as of this morning I have lost 9.6 kilos!
Still scared a bit about the op :N:, but at least he should be pleased with the weight loss! :Y:

Lorraine

Emerald
15-10-2009, 10:46 AM
lol well its a start - lost another 2 lb this week

Oh well hello there skinny Su woop woop well done you x

Atelier Ava
15-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Just wanted to congratulate everyone who is losing those extra lbs and keep up the brilliant work. =D>
I know how hard it is, I put on 4 stone having been 8 for 20 years. I reached my target weight but it took 2 years to lose all but a stone of it.
Paula

bustagasket
15-10-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm due to go into hospital next week for a hip replacement op, on August 18th the consultant who is doing the surgery told me that I was "borderline morbidly obese" which scared the ..it out of me! I started an immediate healthy eating calorie counting diet (an app on my iPhone!) and as of this morning I have lost 9.6 kilos!
Still scared a bit about the op, but at least he should be pleased with the weight loss!

Lorraine

Woot huge congrats yto you hun, keep it up and also keep us informed of your progress, hope the hip replacement goes well for you []

Oh well hello there skinny Su woop woop well done you x

Lol not skinny my anymeans, but i am now halfway to where i want to be 35lb gone and 35lb to go :D

Just wanted to congratulate everyone who is losing those extra lbs and keep up the brilliant work. =D>
I know how hard it is, I put on 4 stone having been 8 for 20 years. I reached my target weight but it took 2 years to lose all but a stone of it.
Paula

Thanks Paula, yes i think its easier to understand the struggle if you have been there yourself, but hopefully with all the support everyone fgives here, we shall all reach our targets and be able to stay there [[]]

amazingbabe
15-10-2009, 02:32 PM
:'(:'( Am i the only one here that can't stick to any diet at all :'(:'(

AlexandraBuckle
15-10-2009, 03:25 PM
No, I've ditched mine now I'm wed, even tho i was gonna keep it up :o

df_glass
17-10-2009, 02:03 PM
I have never dieted before, never needed to - and then I stopped smoking and put on 2 stone in as many months. That was a few years ago and I finally decided to lose it all again when my friend started the Rosemary Conley diet.

That was in September, and I've lost 9lbs, losing between nothing & 3 lbs a week.
The secret is low GI, when your blood sugar remains fairly constant eliminating those feelings that make you want to eat whole packets of biscuits and crisps which were my favourite.

So I eat Special K for breakfast, wholemeal bread sandwich for lunch and a normal dinner but with pasta, rice or sweet potatoes. Works a treat - and I don't nibble!

It's not rapid, but it is slow and steady so I'm going to keep going :)

bustagasket
17-10-2009, 03:16 PM
excelllent stuff!!! well done you!!

Solunar Silver Studio
17-10-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm due to go into hospital next week for a hip replacement op, on August 18th the consultant who is doing the surgery told me that I was "borderline morbidly obese" which scared the ..it out of me! I started an immediate healthy eating calorie counting diet (an app on my iPhone!) and as of this morning I have lost 9.6 kilos!
Still scared a bit about the op, but at least he should be pleased with the weight loss!

Lorraine

Poor Lorraine!![]

How on earth did people miss this comment??? I've only just got round to reading the thread and catching up with the last few weeks of the dieters...and there you were!

When do you go in? I'm sure you must be really apprehensive about it but I have known a few people who have had it done and it is really life transforming! Hopefully you'll be skipping about by Christmas!!

You have my best wishes for a speedy recovery and a virtual hug [] to let you know I am thinking about you! Hopefully a few more forum folk will pick this up now and give you loads and loads of best wishes!! And, of course, huge congratulations on losing all that weight!!:Y:

lorraineflee
17-10-2009, 05:00 PM
I go in on Tuesday, operation is on Wednesday! Thanks for the good wishes, please keep fingers crossed for me! I'm a bit of a wimp :( but trying to just think about the difference it's going to make to my life - no more pain and, hopefully fairly soon, no more walking stick! Hopping over tall buildings etc!!:Y:

Lorraine

Solunar Silver Studio
17-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Start an 'I'm off to hospital' thread for us on Monday - just in case I forget....and you will go in with the love and best wishes of the whole forum to boost your spirits....or they better had or they will have ME to answer to!!:-D Seriously though...I'm sure it will all be fine and you will be a new woman! How long do they expect you to stay in nowadays?? Is it just the one hip or do you have to go back again for the other??

lorraineflee
17-10-2009, 05:29 PM
It's just my right hip - other one seems to be fine (so far!). It seems that they get you up fairly soon after the op (next day I think) and get you walking with crutches, then send you home after about 6 days. So, I should be out again at the start of the following week.
Lorraine

caroleallen
17-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Very best wishes for the op. Hope it goes well.

snow_imp
18-10-2009, 04:22 PM
I hope the op goes well - good luck.

Mystic
18-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Hi Lorraine, I just found this thread and the bit about your hip replacement. I wish you luck with the op, I used to be a "scrub nurse" and know what you are going to have done, and the results will be good for you I am sure:) Just make sure that you do everything your doctor and physio tell you and you will have a good recuperation. My mother in law had a hip replacement a few years ago and decided she knew better than the doctor[-X It was near the Christmas festivities and she hadn't been shopping for pressies, so she went up town without her walking stick and came back with bags of shopping in each hand#-o Needless to say she has a bit of trouble now. So all I am saying my friend, is please do as you are told, and you will be fine:Y:

Petal
19-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Hi All,
I can't believe I missed out on this thread for so long. Well done to all of you for losing so much weight. :)))You are an inspiration to me and I have decided to lose some weight too. I'd like to lose 1 stone, more would be a bonus.

Like Barbara, I'm not into taking tablets unless I absolutely have to. However, I'm up for a challenge here - weight loss without tablets, by cutting down on food intake & what I eat, plus loads more exercise - I normally do 5k on my 20 year old exercise bike - to starting tomorrow it will be 10k on the bike :Y: Anyone want to join me??

BTW, I'm 5ft 2" and 11 stone.

xx

Petal
19-10-2009, 07:53 PM
I go in on Tuesday, operation is on Wednesday! Thanks for the good wishes, please keep fingers crossed for me! I'm a bit of a wimp :( but trying to just think about the difference it's going to make to my life - no more pain and, hopefully fairly soon, no more walking stick! Hopping over tall buildings etc!!:Y:

Lorraine

Oops, I forgot to mention you Lorraine #-o all the very best of luck with your op and hip replacement tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be fine and we'll all be routing for you. It won't be long before you'll be back on our forum and catching up on all the news!

BTW, its probably too late now, but my sister had an op and took some Bach Flower Remedies before & after the op to help with her recovery (she was recommended to by her Doctor) - check with yours - it might just help?

All the very best and I'll be crossing everything.

[[]]

see you back here soon and lotsaluv

xx

bustagasket
05-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Well last night i ended the first phase of my weight plan and entered the second phase as i have completed the 14 week foundation stage. The target was to lose 3 stone in that 14 weeks and i lost all but a pound of it so i am very happy.

I have now moved onto the Development stage which lets me continue with the packs until i reach my goal. Having discussed my goal with the counseller last night, they wont actually let me go to it as it is at the bottom of my "healthy" BMI range and they wont let you go lower than 22 as that is the middle of the range, because when you start on the Route to Management phase you are reintroduced to food again slowly over the first 4-5 weeks and so are still having some of the food packs and therefore you sometimes still lose a few pounds, so as they dont want you falling out of the bottom of the normal range they stop you in the middle.

So this means i have about another 2 stone to lose and have given myself a target time of reaching it by the new year to give me something to aim for. No Christmas dinner for me this year, but i actually think that it will be easier that way as i wont have been educated on portion sizes etc by then and could undo some of my good work.

Having had 47 Christmas dinners and i hope a heck of a lot more, missing one is really not gonna be the end of my world :D

AlexandraBuckle
05-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Thats great news, well done you!

bustagasket
05-11-2009, 02:53 PM
thankeeeeeeeeee :D

Emerald
05-11-2009, 02:58 PM
your an absolute star just think you will be able to model the Anne summer range with your jewellery :Y:

bustagasket
05-11-2009, 03:00 PM
your an absolute star just think you will be able to model the Anne summer range with your jewellery :Y:

LMAO i think i will leave that for the young'uns lol

Jayne
05-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Wooaa sis'! That's amazing willpower! I could never so that :worthy:
J x

bustagasket
05-11-2009, 03:51 PM
i am so enjoying being able to move a bit easier, so i am not gonna give up now til i am there :D

lorraineflee
05-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Well done you. 0:-)

I've managed 11 kilos since mid August but that's by calorie counting and very little exercise ('cos of the hip!!)
I want to lose another 10 kilos and I'll be so happy!!
Lorraine

bustagasket
05-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Well done you. 0:-)

I've managed 11 kilos since mid August but that's by calorie counting and very little exercise ('cos of the hip!!)
I want to lose another 10 kilos and I'll be so happy!!
Lorraine

woot huge congrats hun :Y:keep it up!

Vivia
05-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Crikey, well done to you Su and Lorraine! It takes such will power to do it properly, and sounds like you ladies have got it in abundance. Fantastic achievements.

bustagasket
05-11-2009, 06:11 PM
cheers hun :)

Ominicci
05-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Excellent results girls! Keep up the fantastic work (as I'm sure at time it does seem like hard work, mentally and physically [] )

Lisa Quinn
05-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Well done to both of you, it is really so incredibly difficult to change eating habits and your willpower is inspirational to me at the moment.

Do you get to have a big splurge in the January sales for a new wardrobe?

xx

bustagasket
05-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Well done to both of you, it is really so incredibly difficult to change eating habits and your willpower is inspirational to me at the moment.

lol no but i do get the get the lovely clothes down that are stored in the loft :)

xx

Excellent results girls! Keep up the fantastic work (as I'm sure at time it does seem like hard work, mentally and physically [] )

ty hun, on thr whole it has been easy for me as i havent had to work anything out, just open a packet. this week has been tougher as i have been on edge worrying about my dearest friend, but i have managed not to lapse. The hardest part will be when i have to keep the weight off on normal food. 2010 will be a very hard year.

HannahJewelleryDesigns
06-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Ive just found this thread and I just wanna add WELL DONE!!! from me :)
I lost a stone and a half last year and since I got a bit busier with work I have put it all back on. OOps!
I know how hard it can be to lose weight and I hope your really proud of yourself!
:respekt:
Han xx

lorraineflee
06-11-2009, 10:41 AM

xx

I'm getting back into the clothes that I bought a couple of years ago, before the weight went back on. Hoping to get a bit more active now that I've had my "staples" out (this morning in fact! So, some walks around the village to start with and, when the hip is getting stronger, it's on the old exercise bike - well, that's the theory anyway!!:)
10 more kilos to go and I'll be really happy!
Lorraine
PS January sales do sound tempting though!!!

bustagasket
02-12-2009, 06:52 PM
I have been a bit bad at keeping this thread going lately so i thought it was time i updated it.

I finished the foundation stage of y journey and lost exactly the three stone that is the average over the 14 week initial plan. So i moved onto "Developers" which is for those who still have some more weight to shift and as of tonight i have lost 51lb.

I usually lose a steady two pound each week but last week being it was so traumatic with first Pete leaving me and then a week later him having a minor heart attack, i lost 5lb that week.

He is not 100% but is now temporarily renting Vals spare room to get him off the boat and into somewhere warm.

Once he is feeling better again he will start flat hunting.

I guess in a way i am very proud of myself, because even through all the stresss of the last two weeks, i have not lapsed and have stuck to the programe, perhaps because it feels about the only thing i am in control of atm lol. How are the rest of you getting on?

AlexandraBuckle
02-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Wow, that is such excellent news Su. I can't believe how much you have lost!

Since the wedding my weight has slowly been creeping up! Oops! Kinda hard when you have been dieting so long for one specific day and then that day is done...

I need something else to focus on to keep my weight in control. Atm my naughty mind is telling me to relax its Xmas soon, see what weight you are in January! Naughty mind!! Need to get it in check.

caroleallen
02-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Well done Su on keeping going through all your problems.

For me things have gone a bit pear shaped (well quite a lot pear shaped!) but I'm not worrying for now as I've got a busy few weeks ahead of me and then off on a cruise so I know I won't stick to it then. I'm quite looking forward to starting again mid- January.

bustagasket
02-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Bloody hell Su, won't be long before you are slipping down the gratings.

What is wrong with a bit of meat on your bones, I am a huge fan of big buxom women, nothing beats a lovely curvy voluptuous figure plus you get to gorge on chocolate, cream cakes, takeaways and enjoy a good drink.

Think of Nigella, I'd marry her. :Y:

I started this for that sake of my health J, the thought of getting as ill as i did last winter made me get on with it and stick with it. And i feel so much better for it, i can finally move a bit better and it has to be better for my poor spine, i have worried more than i care to think of tat the pins would break in there, through trying tomove with half a ton of stomach in the way.

Last week i was encouraged to try on a gown that i have only ever worn one, its beautiful and i was stunned when it just slipped on me. Its be a long time. Ok so i wont e going anywhere to wear it now, but its nice to know that if i needed to, i could wear it.

bustagasket
17-12-2009, 09:31 AM
lol J I missed that post. As many of you know, last night i reached the 4st loss mark (56lb) and have now just crept into the top of the healthy weight range for my height etc. :D

Di Sandland
17-12-2009, 10:19 AM
I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I hate it! It makes me not want to leave the house because everything looks yukki on me. As the OH keeps telling me, the answer is in my own hands. I just can't seem to get my bum into gear to do something about it. It can't be good for my health - I have arthritis anyway, as part of the Behcet's - and I'm sure my joints would be a lot less painful if they didn't have to carry so much blubber :(

lorraineflee
17-12-2009, 10:32 AM
I had a week with no weight loss - and I was getting a bit down, but it's starting to creep off again. I've now lost 14 kilos since the doctor told me off in August, only another 6 to go and I'll be happy!
Di, it does make a difference to the joints if you lose weight - I've been weighing the food and calorie counting and it's been going down slowly but surely. As a techy geek I've got an app for my iPhone which helps me to monitor the daily food intake and the weight loss - if I don't do that I slip back into naughty eating!

Lorraine

bustagasket
17-12-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I hate it! It makes me not want to leave the house because everything looks yukki on me. As the OH keeps telling me, the answer is in my own hands. I just can't seem to get my bum into gear to do something about it. It can't be good for my health - I have arthritis anyway, as part of the Behcet's - and I'm sure my joints would be a lot less painful if they didn't have to carry so much blubber :(

Aww hun you have such a lot on your plate, dont beat yourself up about it. But yes its very true, the joint pain is a lot easier without the added weight. I have certainly been able to move my back better and everything has just felt a lot more "fluid" []

I had a week with no weight loss - and I was getting a bit down, but it's starting to creep off again. I've now lost 14 kilos since the doctor told me off in August, only another 6 to go and I'll be happy!
Di, it does make a difference to the joints if you lose weight - I've been weighing the food and calorie counting and it's been going down slowly but surely. As a techy geek I've got an app for my iPhone which helps me to monitor the daily food intake and the weight loss - if I don't do that I slip back into naughty eating!

Lorraine

Good on you Lorraine, again you have had stuff to contend with, so your loss is really significant, keep it up hun, you are getting there :D []

Petal
17-12-2009, 12:04 PM

I'm the same as you Di, I reached the point where I hated how I looked too and decided the only way to tackle my weight was me. I make lots of healthy snacks for during the day when I get low energy (or any other time) and its made a big difference to me. I have porridge for breakfast and that stops the 11am snacks and thick home made soup for lunch, then just a normal evening meal, but with smaller portions. I try not to give myself a hard time if I do eat something bad, just focus on doing more exercise as a way of compensating. Its much more difficult for you because not only are you not feeling well anyway, but you have other issues too and its easy to eat what you like and not eat less.

I've had to make exercise the main focus of my day, it helps with the weight loss and a huge amount with keeping the depression at bay. If I don't do the exercises, like the last 3 days because of the painful neck, it makes me very moody and I'm not very pleasant company either.

Di, give it a go gal, you know you want to and we'll all be here to help and support you. I've been there and I know you can do it! I'll start another thread of 'weight loss due to less food & more exercise' if you like and we can all rally round and cheer each other on:X

What you need for Xmas is an exercise bike! it can sit in the garage and you can peddle away while your jewellery is in the pickle! go on Di, think about it!

xx

Di Sandland
17-12-2009, 12:15 PM
LOL Jules - yeah I must. But no to the exercise bike - I never could get to grips with pedalling hard and getting nowhere!

Petal
17-12-2009, 12:49 PM
LOL Jules - yeah I must. But no to the exercise bike - I never could get to grips with pedalling hard and getting nowhere!

Oh ok then, I don't mind it, especially on rainy days, when I don't have to get wet!

My exercise started with swimming, I was a real fat XXXX and came up with tons of 'I'm too fat' excuses and then one day, just got my stuff ready and was off. I ended up spending 1/2 hr in the pool every day and felt fantastic afterwards. Yes, I felt self-conscious, but what the heck - it was for my benefit and no-one elses! What else can you do for exercise.... how about swimming? or a step machine? rowing machine? we got our rowing machine from a friend of ours and I was very reluctant to use it - thought it would really hurt my back, but its fine. I do 1k on that every day...

um what else... how about a walk on the beach? I know you don't want to go out, but I love the seaside in rain or sun, its so invigorating and would be SO good for you ... how about it then??

Di Sandland
17-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Could I make it a new year's resolution?

Petal
17-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Could I make it a new year's resolution?

Well, I suppose you could, but sometimes NYR's arne't always kept - well not mine! I want this one to succeed, so you can keep me company and we can nudge each other along the way and keep motivated!

Di Sandland
17-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Alright, tomorrow then. I can't today - the wheatbag around the neck should give you some clue as to how I'm feeling :(

Petal
17-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Today's soup, made by Baz, was bright pink! as he'd included a home grown beetroot.... along with all the other veg we grow.

:-"

Petal
17-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Awful colour, tastes delicious! That enormous witches pot will last us about 5days, I reckon.

Di, have a big :X from me. I know when you feel awful that everything is a struggle, but we will get there, I know we will! You just have to believe.

bustagasket
17-12-2009, 01:40 PM
this is brilliant that you two have paired up to help each other along. Support from someone who is also trying to lose weight is invaluable in my opinion. Well done you two :D

Di Sandland
17-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Yeah but Su, you haven't met her - she is slim

mizgeorge
17-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Well, you could always have me Di ;)

Di Sandland
17-12-2009, 02:00 PM
I know George but you and me together on a slimming quest would be disastrous! We'd just look at each other, say a rude word, and raid the fridge.

The Dragon
17-12-2009, 02:02 PM
I don't mind joining in as well. I lost 3st over 14 or so months but still have a long way to go. I think my worst culprit is the wine, I def need to drink less in the new year. :xmaslaugh:

:snow::snow:

Petal
17-12-2009, 02:09 PM
I've had an idea *-:)

How about this ... we each have a goal to aim for.

Mine is - I want to go on holiday early next year and would like to lose 1 stone before I go away - probably mid to end of Feb/beg. March.

What's your goal going to be ??? Do you have something big to aim for that would make you feel really good? I can think of one ;) you could use that as a goal to aim for.

A friend who wanted to lose weight took a piccie of herself in a dress that she really wanted to wear at an evening event, but she didn't look good in it at all, cos she was overweight. She stuck the piccie on her fridge, so that when she was tempted, it made her motivated to stick with it!

I am not SLIM, I am clinically obese for my height. I should be 8 1/2 stone and I am 11 stone 3lbs, (I've just weighed myself), so don't tell me I'm slim, cos I'm not!

So, come on then, lets get to it guys, who else is going to join in!!!

Lets be having you !

Di Sandland
17-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Okay, I'm in.

And you carry that weight very well - you must have fat feet or something!

Petal
17-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Okay, I'm in.

And you carry that weight very well - you must have fat feet or something!

Yay, I'm so pleased for us. We can do it girls.

OK, I'm 5ft 2", 11st 3lbs and would like to lose a min of 1 stone. I'm going to double my cycling from 5k to 10k a day and (once my neck is ok in a couple of days), will double the rowing from 1k to 2k a day. I'll stick with the soup for lunch and small meals in the evenings and reduce the wine from 5-7 evenings a week to 2-3 and only have 1 glass, instead of 1+ a night. No snacks between meals unless its fruit salad or similar.

How about you guys??

WitchfordSilver
17-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Not going to say how much I weigh!

But the last time I was in hospital after being told what it was, and shown a chart on the wall. they were not to pleased when I said "all i needed was an extra 4 inches in height and I would be spot on" Shame the NHS can help me loss weight but can't help me gain height.

bustagasket
17-12-2009, 10:21 PM
lol yeah i used to say that i was just short for my weight too lol

AlexandraBuckle
18-12-2009, 09:36 AM
I'll join in. Since the wedding the pounds have been creeping back on!
I'm 5ft 8inches and I weighed 14stone in the summer of 2008. I managed to lose over two stone in 18months time for the wedding in September.

I now have nothing to aim at and I'm finding it hard to stay focused. All my nice new thinner clothes are starting to get tight and I got rid of all my fat clothes!

For me, I feel I only need to re-lose about half a stone to a stone, but mainly I just want to try and keep the weight off that I did so well losing before.

It is VERY hard! Especially when it is Christmas time and it is cold :snow:

bustagasket
18-12-2009, 10:39 AM
i am finding the cold a factor definately, having my shakes morning and evening really makes me cold, and i keep thinking of something nice and warming, but i get over it pretty quick.

lorraineflee
18-12-2009, 12:59 PM
I still want to lose about a stone - so I'm in (still in?). I'm trying for about 1lb a week, minimum!

Lorraine

Di Sandland
18-12-2009, 01:27 PM
I need to lose a lot more than one stone but I aim to do it in stones - hence that is my target for Feb.

Petal
18-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Just a quick pop in....I'm off to do the dinner (fish) and back later on....

I'm so pleased that we are all helping each other and keeping motivated to lose the weight. This is the most difficult time of year to do it and if we can do it over Christmas, then after that will be a doddle! I'm hoping to get back on my exercise bike by Monday - but will be a doing a 4-5 mile walk tomorrow to get the papers, so that's a start. Soups for lunch and porridge for breaky.

How are you guys planning to cut down/lose weight then?

xxx

Gemma
18-12-2009, 06:34 PM
I'll take some if that's any help? Lost too much when ill and finding it difficult to put back on healthily. Its not good for your trousers to be falling down when you are teaching teenage boys!!