PDA

View Full Version : Travel/Display case?

Jemart
25-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Where can I get a travel case for all my jewellery that will double as a table display for fairs? Or am I asking for the impossible?

MuranoSilver
25-02-2010, 08:16 PM
I know of a few people who've made them by buying narrow hinged wooden artists cases
(the sort that often contain mixed art, pencils, pens and paint sets)
Lining them with foam and covering them with velvet before adding either wires or hooks...
when at an indoor show you open them like a book and they stand up on thier own.
Not so good for outdoors as not very stable for blustery days ;)
Nic x

kymbi
25-02-2010, 08:48 PM
I made one from a pasting table - change the hinges so they open on the longest side, add a catch, take out the legs from inside and line with foam and cover this. I painted my in mauve with a logo decal on the outside. I also used the wood from the legs to add a trim along the bottom so it would have a little more stability to stand up and I could use a clamp to anchor it to the stall.

I found that these were great for displaying jewellery and could be used upright on the corner of a table when space was tight, or laid flat if I needed to fill a space.

Ominicci
26-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Wow Kym, that is good, and not too expensive or complicated to set up and take down by the sound of it??

Fi Wilson
26-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Ingenious idea Kym! :Y:

Jemart
26-02-2010, 03:46 PM
If it comes to it I may have to build my own, paste table suggestion has possibilities. I would much rather buy my display though.

AlexandraBuckle
27-02-2010, 10:38 AM
I made one from a pasting table - change the hinges so they open on the longest side, add a catch, take out the legs from inside and line with foam and cover this. I painted my in mauve with a logo decal on the outside. I also used the wood from the legs to add a trim along the bottom so it would have a little more stability to stand up and I could use a clamp to anchor it to the stall.

I found that these were great for displaying jewellery and could be used upright on the corner of a table when space was tight, or laid flat if I needed to fill a space.

Thats a bit clever :dance:

kymbi
27-02-2010, 01:34 PM
I see loads of these at my craft market as they are so useful. But the best thing of all is that they are easy to get hold of/make and are very cheap :D

You can always tart them up by painting the wood, putting fancy trim, logos on to personalise etc.

MuranoSilver
27-02-2010, 04:58 PM
There's a picture on this post about the case I referred to
Put the "Close" on that Earring Display (http://www.jewelry-display-ideas.com/put-the-close-on-that-earring-display.html)
but the whole site has lots of hand made display ideas :)
Nicx

Jemart
28-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Thanks Nic, some really helpful ideas on that website.

Ominicci
01-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Yes, thanks Nic! I have her other site bookmarked but didn't know about this one :Y:

Fi Wilson
01-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Thanks from me too! Fab ideas.

MuranoSilver
01-03-2010, 11:59 AM
She's got some really great booth displays shown too
Glad you all liked them :)