PDA

View Full Version : I'm promoting Agent44's 'Cookson Forum Members' Map!'

Solunar Silver Studio
29-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi everybody. Agent 44 very cleverly sorted out this brilliant map for us all to pin our location flags on....but it was hidden on page 5 of the 'where are you from' thread. Well, I'm too impatient to wait for everybody else to find it hidden away down there so I'm bringing out in the open!!! Sign up! SIGN UP!! ...

http://platial.com/map/Cookson-Forum-Members-Map/719655

I think you just need to register and you can add yourself on.

Well, to be honest it is a bit of a nightmare to sign up but if I can do it...and it only took me 3 attempts...then anyone can!!:D Just remember - when you accidently pin your flag in Outer Mongolia...#-o that the delete and edit buttons are hidden away in very pale colours underneath your name/location in the pop up personal information box! We have all had second or third homes in very exotic places...which unfortunately, we have had to delete!!:'(

It's going to be great to place you all on a map...don't be shy...plant your flag!!
Barbara

And thanks again Agent44!!:X

julie
29-07-2009, 03:53 PM
i tried to register so i could add myself to the map but it wouldn't let me ??? :'(

Solunar Silver Studio
29-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Why not?? It usually lets you on to sign up and then leads you a merry dance!! :)
Barbara

bustagasket
29-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Why not?? It usually lets you on to sign up and then leads you a merry dance!! :)
Barbara

A very merry bloody dance lol but with Barbaras help i deleted my second home that i apparently had somewhere on the continent and settled in Westfield where i should be lol

myke
29-07-2009, 04:19 PM
I am going to try and sort my markers I have opne in channel and another a bit far north so I will try again all the best myke

Solunar Silver Studio
29-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Persevere people...you can do it....I have faith in you all!!....[[]]
:rofl:
Barbara

julie
29-07-2009, 04:26 PM
i couldn't put julie in not allowed - reason only allowed letter & numbers ??? :confused: then when it did manage to use juLie even more :confused: i'd click terms ok and it would re-direct me to "NOWHERE" ??? :(| i'm not sure it's anything to do with my computer security settings#-o

EmmaRose
29-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Oh that was the most fun you can have in an afternoon ;) got there second time round LOL! Lorraine you are quite near to me!
Em

julie
29-07-2009, 04:57 PM
i will have to try and get in [-X giving up ..

mizgeorge
29-07-2009, 05:19 PM
done!
(frappr was much easier though)

Charlotte
29-07-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm all on my own in the north!!!=:-O

MuranoSilver
29-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Ok I've had three goes now and I've got it to Market Deeping though nowhere near where my actual shop is :(|
Nic x

agent_44
29-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks Barbara :D

Lots of people on there already!

Solunar Silver Studio
29-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Isn't the map developing well! ....See...it wasn't that hard was it?

(Erm.....Has anyone else noticed that Nic has a second home in the middle of the South Pacific...she kept that one quite didn't she??!!:rofl:)

So - come on people .... plant your flag too ...it would be great to have a full, comprehensive map of where we all are in relation to each other...

Don't let any of the above put you off!!! You won't let an itty-bitty bit of software get the better of you, will you?[-X Come and join us on the map!![[]]

Barbara

MuranoSilver
30-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Yes my second home is in the middle of the south pacific,
it's called "The Island" and I run it remotely by computer....
mwaaaaaahahahahaha =:-O

nic xx

Charlotte
30-07-2009, 04:33 AM
Lol!

Well Barbara it looks like you are the closest to me, you want to pop over for a cuppa;)

Solunar Silver Studio
30-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Hmmmm - perhaps not today!! Another time maybe!![]
Barbara

julie
30-07-2009, 08:59 AM
i still can't get on the map :(|

Solunar Silver Studio
30-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Perhaps you need to change your name!!! .......Fred?:)
Barbara

AlexandraBuckle
30-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Ok, so i've managed to do it today!

Solunar Silver Studio
30-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Ha ha..well done!! I notice the map has been accessed 137 times so far but there are only 15 flags attached (and one of them is in the South Pacific...isn't it Nic?!)[]
I doubt that there is much interest in the map from anyone outside of the forum...so what does that tell you about the number of times each one of the 14 (genuine) flag owners has visited the site to try and get it right??? hmmmmm... let me think.... could that be ...nearly 10 time each..... Hahahahahaha!! And from my struggles to do it yesterday...I think that is about right!! Well done all for your perseverance!!:)))

Come on everybody...there is still plenty of room on this map!! And - until Nic finds the time to delete her second abode.... - just double click on the area around the UK to get closer in to view it!!!

Barbara

julie
30-07-2009, 09:20 AM
:V: i'm in "WILKIE" it was that or "HALFWIT" :'( but thats been taken by BB ... taken me long enough to get in #-o

Di Sandland
30-07-2009, 09:21 AM
umm - I just removed two out of my three flags :(|

MuranoSilver
30-07-2009, 09:31 AM
The Mysterious Island has dissapeared =D>
Nic x

julie
30-07-2009, 09:34 AM
i'm aylesford from ... aylesford kentucky :'(:'(#-o

Charlotte
30-07-2009, 09:37 AM
The Mysterious Island has dissapeared =D>
Awww no group holiday then?:'(

Solunar Silver Studio
30-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Oh Julie!! You will be so good on that site by the time you finally sort it out you will be our resident expert and we can send all the problems to you!!:rofl:

Barbara

MuranoSilver
30-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Awww no group holiday then?:'(

I wouldn't holiday on the Island particularly since it was "Lost" :-O ;)
Nic x

Ominicci
30-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Done mine now and it scarily put the marker in the road next to mine even though I just typed 'Chepstow'. Is there any way of moving a marker once it's on there or do you have to delete and re do?

Charlotte
30-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Mine did too!=:-O I didn't want to put my full address in so I just put 'Newcastle upon tyne' but it ended up being 5 min walk from me!!!

EmmaRose
30-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Mine isn't that near....though in Milton Keynes no where is far away LOL :-S
that sure is a frustrating map though!:(|

julie
30-07-2009, 02:10 PM
i'm in "AYLESFORD,KENT :Y: and aylesford kentucky #-o

Solunar Silver Studio
30-07-2009, 04:37 PM
According to Cooksons - there are 282 active members of this forum...so why are there only 16 flags on this map?????:-()

Somebody doesn't want to join in with the fun!! ......well 266 of you to be exact!

Is there nothing I can do to persuade you? Hmm?:D . [] Go on - you know you want to!...And we want you to as well!![[]]

Barbara

bustagasket
30-07-2009, 04:51 PM
According to Cooksons - there are 282 active members of this forum...so why are there only 16 flags on this map?????:-()

Somebody doesn't want to join in with the fun!! ......well 266 of you to be exact!

Is there nothing I can do to persuade you? Hmm?:D . [] Go on - you know you want to!...And we want you to as well!![[]]

Barbara

Barabara - stripping is not allowed! So get off that table and think of some otther way to get everyone on the map girl!

Solunar Silver Studio
30-07-2009, 05:10 PM
I do draw the line somewhere you know....! ...but it is a thought! :)))

But seriously - I'm running out of wheedling, begging ideas - and it is a shame because it is such a good idea!! :'(:(|

...perhaps all the BESTIST people are on the map already!!;)

Barbara

bustagasket
30-07-2009, 05:21 PM
lol i know what you mean, it gets frustrating :D

myke
30-07-2009, 06:05 PM
am lonely up here you are all miles away#-o#-o:'(

bustagasket
30-07-2009, 06:07 PM
lol we coulent get much more distance between our flags myke!

myke
30-07-2009, 06:23 PM
i know its a long way most years i drive down to sell at festivals all round devon wiltshire.does anyone else sell at fests hard work but good fun.l myke

Solunar Silver Studio
30-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Sorry Myke...I KNOW there are others on the forum living in Scotland...We just don't seem to be able to persuade them to tell us where!!:(|

Anyone 'north of the border' willing to make Myke feel less lonely??
All you need to do is pop your flag on the map. [-o<

Barbara

myke
30-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Hi Barbara a flag always helps ? really I am oky ................glass wine in hand food on the go. I am here to confuse. the scots are a funny lot very reserved !!!! Its all that bagpipe stuff and the hot weather that does it. all the best myke:Y:

wendy
30-07-2009, 07:50 PM
This is a great idea, I know there was a thread all about where people are from, but I take it all in so much better visually. I'm on there as wendywoo because the name was taken.

myke
30-07-2009, 07:57 PM
cant see you...

Sheltie
30-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Finally managed to get myself on the right map. Upteen attempts put me in Iceland and Wyoming.

Never mind I am on my Island now all be it about 5 miles from where I really am.

It's nice seeing where everyone is from

agent_44
30-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Wow, Barbara, you really are promoting this map!! :D

I guess it just takes time to get it filled up!

Solunar Silver Studio
31-07-2009, 08:59 AM
I am trying..............(so I am told!!)

I thought if I could get a link on each page people might get the hint!!

Sorry Myke....we did get another Scottish flag.......Shame it is just as far north of you as we are south!! (thanks for answering the call Sheltie!) ...still - you sound to be happy enough with your bottle of wine!

And Hi Wendy...I finally have a map buddy! ....and I seem to remember there is someone in West Yorkshire.....helllooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!....are you out there???

Come on folks. We are waiting to see where you live........

:)))http://platial.com/map/Cookson-Forum-Members-Map/719655:.:))). :)))http://platial.com/map/Cookson-Forum-Members-Map/719655:.:))).

Barbara

Charlotte
31-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Its all a little empty up here in the north, me and Myke are representin:cool: I bet its lush up there (if a little cold!!) I haven't crossed the border yet though. I intend to go for a weekend in Edinburgh (and go to the zoo!), and go on a whiskey tour with my fiancée:cheers:

I can't believe all the places I've lived in before are full of jewellers, and the place I've ended up in is empty!

Bubbleshell, you're pretty close... want to pop over for a cuppa?;)

bustagasket
31-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Can this not be pinned at the top so it doesnt gradually work its way down the forum?

wendy
31-07-2009, 11:34 AM
I am on as Wendy after all, it's just my user name thats wendywoo. It'll be great if everyone uses this and we can see where everyone is.

Solunar Silver Studio
31-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Can this not be pinned at the top so it doesnt gradually work its way down the forum?

Don't ask me - I haven't a clue - but it would save me a lot of effort!!:D

We'll have to ask those 'geeky computer types' .... like Agent 44, (who I insulted last time by adding a 'sticks finger down throat' smilie at the mention of computer geniuses!!) who came up with the map in the first place!! No - honestly - I don't mean any of that - I think anyone who understands computers are just brilliant!:D

Barbara

MuranoSilver
31-07-2009, 02:17 PM
It's done and Pinned at the top ;)
Nic x

AlexandraBuckle
31-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Ooh Nic has pin power! :cool:

Solunar Silver Studio
31-07-2009, 02:29 PM
It's done and Pinned at the top ;)
Nic x

Erm...you know I'm no good with computers....<:)-

Well - er...what is pinned where?:confused:

I can't see anything.....
but then I have very blinkered vision when it comes to computer screens.....
so it is probably just me.....
Have pity on me and point me in the right direction will you?!:help:

Barbara

AlexandraBuckle
31-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Nic has made it a 'sticky' thread so it will always stay at the top of the list of threads :)

Solunar Silver Studio
31-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Nic has made it a 'sticky' thread so it will always stay at the top of the list of threads :)

Oh! DER!<:)- I was trying to click on them and nothing was doing anything...Thank heaven someone round here knows what they are doing!!

Thank you Nic!!:X I won't have to check what is going on so often now:^o.....as if!!!

Barbara

kymbi
31-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Managed to get my flag pinned ~ interesting geography...south london looks like it's near Luton :-"

AlexandraBuckle
31-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Oh Barbara you do make me chuckle, you need to stop berating yourself :)

The Bijou Dragon
31-07-2009, 03:27 PM
This map has proved most amusing it has to be said!

I didn't know there was a Plumstead in the USA nor did I realise clicking on the map planted your pin and somehow moved to somewhere completely different... third time lucky for me!

I wonder what happened to Nics Island? :-"

The Bijou Dragon
31-07-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm going to start planting the flag where I'm moving too... I might actually ahve the right location by the time I move... maybe:rofl:

Solunar Silver Studio
31-07-2009, 04:05 PM

Erm...has the 'Sticky' lost its tack....there was me being all impressed and when I come back from doing a bit of WORK...lo and behold - it has slipped down the list again!!! Tsk...technology ....bah!. I'll just go back to making inane comments again to keep lifting it up the list!!:rolleyes:

Barbara

Di Sandland
31-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Its still stuck 'ere Barbara :confused:

Solunar Silver Studio
31-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Yeh - I know it is now...cos I and now you have revived it with a reply....let it lie quiet for a while and see what happens...or reply to a few other posts and see if they leapfrog it...I can't at the moment - I am en route to the kiln!!:D
Barbara

Solunar Silver Studio
31-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Ahh! It is stuck to the top of the 'Introduce Yourself ' category...I was thinking it would be stuck at the top of the 'New Posts' page too...as to be honest, that is the only one I have time to use, and I kept seeing it dropping down there!

:))). Well - we have got 2 more flags on the map today folks - so that makes 20!. :)))

:))). http://platial.com/map/Cookson-Forum-Members-Map/719655. :)))

And the map page has been visited 215 times - so that still looks like about 10 visits per successful flag planting! Tee hee hee!!!

I really think this has been the most amusing thread so far!.. I have laughed out loud on several occasions reading about everybody's 'globe trotting' adventures! If only we could get a few more to have a go!

Everybody seems to agree it is a great idea to see where everyone is in relation to everyone else...so why..OH WHY...will no one else pop a flag on this map??

Barbara

caroleallen
31-07-2009, 08:34 PM
I give up. I'll just have to move to Cornwall near New York as the map won't let me stay in Cornwall, UK.

Di Sandland
31-07-2009, 08:38 PM
You know, we could almost make this into a competition - who can place their flag in the least amount of moves :rofl:

Solunar Silver Studio
31-07-2009, 08:47 PM
I give up. I'll just have to move to Cornwall near New York as the map won't let me stay in Cornwall, UK.

You can't give up yet...have you used your full (average) quota of 10 attempts to hit the right spot??:-D Why don't you have a good night's rest and start again tomorrow....we'll wait for you, don't worry!!:-D
Barbara

caroleallen
31-07-2009, 08:54 PM
I fear it may be a long wait! :confused:

caroleallen
31-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Woohoo, I think I've done it! :)))

Solunar Silver Studio
31-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Well done you!!:))) The numbers on the map seem to have miraculously jumped by 3 three though! I spy a Cambourne just north of Coventry...is that one of yours?!!???!!:rofl: Do you have any others hidden away that I have not spotted??

- Don't worry about it! We have all had second or third homes for a while.:D Some have even been in the middle of the Pacific!! When you feel strong again perhaps you can try knocking off any that you don't actually live at!!:-D
Barbara

Solunar Silver Studio
31-07-2009, 10:21 PM
I've just found your other one...cunningly hidden away with a pale grey flag! ...aren't you the crafty one!!:D It's just north east of San Francisco...

Ho hum...tomorrow is another day!!. Good night!! I-)
Barbara

The Bijou Dragon
31-07-2009, 10:39 PM
LOL maybe everyone has been marking where the would like to live instead of where they actually live... although... I think Nic might be living in a Canoe! :D

Night x

Ominicci
01-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Aww I feel left out - I haven't been anywhere exotic on the map...now let's see....where would I like to be in two places at once? >:)

Solunar Silver Studio
02-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Hi everybody!!

Can you think of a better way to spend your Sunday afternoon than marking out your own little piece of territory on our Forum Map??

I know you have been trying to suppress the urge to do it all week...but today...well, today is the day you should just chill...give way to those little urges and just indulge yourself.

So fix that drink that you know will make you feel all mellow and content...

Sit yourself down...that's it....get really, REALLY, comfy and...... relax ......ahhhhh!!!

Now click that little mouse on this lovely relaxing blue coloured link.....

:dance:. http://platial.com/map/Cookson-Forum-Members-Map/719655#post5009430. :dance:

...and join with the elite...in exotic climes....

....Now that wasn't TOO hard, was it?? ...and don't you feel REAL good!....

....now fix yourself another drink....or go and lay down.....you'll feel so much better in an hour or two!!

:D. Barbara. :D

Lindyloo
02-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Well, pardon me for being thick, but if someone could put down some detailed instructions, then perhaps the rest of us could succeed.

I've tried 3 times, and given up. Why would a web site give you the same description (place name) in three different spaces in the window. I mean, which one is the real one where you put the place name? Any why does mine never even get onto the UK? Usually I end up in the sea, not even in any interesting exotic place like the rest of you.

I know I'm a technophobe, but this is rediculous! :(|

Solunar Silver Studio
02-08-2009, 05:27 PM
OK Lindyloo...I am a confirmed technophobe too...It was Agent 44 that set the map up and she has $%**&£" off to Holland (I think) - so I am going to do my best to help you!! Heaven help you all!!

I've sent in an undercover map marker - Random Dude - and gone through the whole process again....and this is what I have discovered...from the beginning...

Click on the link. Register. Log out.
Click on link again. Log in again.
On the top banner of the Cooksons Forum Map (in the centre) Click on 'Add a Marker' box.
In the box that appears on the left of the screen...
-fill in the place (name) you want on the map - 'Random Dude' in my case....so who you are or your business name or both.
-fill in address...the more specific you are the closer it gets..'High Street, Runcorn, Cheshire, UK'.
Then click on the map of the UK...about where you want the marker to go. (If you need to zoom into it to see where you are putting it there is a 'slider' to zoom on the left of the box you are filling in. Or you could probably zoom into the UK map before you start - which would probably be more sensible!!)

A new blank flag appears on the map - hopefully in the right place! And a new info box appears on the left of the screen where you can chose an icon to go in the flag ....in this case a wild monster symbol
and you can give more information about your place/business...in this case 'cooksons undercover map marker'.
You can also upload photos and add your website address if you want. Click 'next' and all the info should now be attached to your marker flag on the map. Hover over it to check.

If you do anything wrong...scroll down the info box you have just filled in and click on Edit Map. This will then allow you to select and remove random flags from the Arctic Circle or Timbucktoo or whatever!!

This also applies to anyone who has already had a go during the week and got problems. The info box that appears when you log on to the map under the name you registered with has an Edit Map option at the bottom of the box (scroll down)

This is all I can remember doing....Give it another go!!

If all else fails - wait until Agent 44 gets back and we will mug her en masse (Is there a smilie for that I wonder!!) :D

Barbara .... With the help of Random Dude ... I don't know...The things I do for you lot!! :rolleyes:

Lindyloo
02-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Thank you Barbara. I've taken notes. Will try again. Wish me luck.

Signed,

Hopeless Technophobe.[-o<

bustagasket
02-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Thank you Barbara. I've taken notes. Will try again. Wish me luck.

Signed,

Hopeless Technophobe.[-o<

Got everything crossed for you - go tame that beast!

Lindyloo
02-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Thank you Su, and thank you Barbara. I DID IT!!!!!!!!

YEEAAAHHHHH!!!!:))):))):))):)))

Solunar Silver Studio
02-08-2009, 07:38 PM
:dance:. WHOOOOOOP WHOOOOOOP WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!! :dance:
Lindyloo is on the map folks...and by the look of it is just brewing up!! Excellent!!
Well Done...
see - It was easy wasn't it....
and so fulfilling!!

Barbara

Lindyloo
02-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Well actually.... If I'm being honest, I had to get my husband to help me. He's the technofile.:cheers:

There doesn't seem to be a smilie for 'hangs head in shame'

Solunar Silver Studio
02-08-2009, 08:05 PM
And there was I - congratulating myself on having written such an effective instruction sheet...Sigh!!. :rolleyes:

Barbara

SilverByRosie
11-08-2009, 07:36 PM
I've finally gotten around to putting myself on the map. I was a bit nervous of it after what everyone else has been through with it and was pleasantly surprised :)

(of course I did cheat a bit and just click where I wanted to be rather than faffing around with search names :P )

Looks like I'm the only East Anglian. Where are the rest of you?

~Rosie

Solunar Silver Studio
11-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Don't knock it girl...by which ever route - you got there in the end!! Although I haven't actually checked if you have sneakily slipped in a few foreign abodes! Well done!!:Y:

Denice
24-08-2009, 05:10 PM
:~:Just managed to plot myself on the map......

Wouldn't let me put some info in like website though - maybe try to do that bit another day:(

Looks like I'm the only one in Scotland so far!

ben b
24-08-2009, 09:49 PM

Emerald
24-08-2009, 10:57 PM
well i think i am there in 5 trys lol but god nows what icon it is as wouldent except anytiing:rofl:

Silver Leaves
25-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Well I tried the map but yes I've ended up in the sea, I think I'll have to stay there as I've tried deleting it and I can't!

Nicola

Solunar Silver Studio
25-08-2009, 04:37 PM
well i think i am there in 5 trys lol but god nows what icon it is as wouldent except anytiing:rofl:

Well I tried the map but yes I've ended up in the sea, I think I'll have to stay there as I've tried deleting it and I can't!

Nicola

Just managed to plot myself on the map......

Wouldn't let me put some info in like website though - maybe try to do that bit another day

Looks like I'm the only one in Scotland so far!

=D>Oh - well done for trying girls!!=D>

I've done this so many times now I'm beginning to lose track of what I have said and where so I won't write it all again - but I do suggest if you are having problems you read this link...which in turn has other links to posts that might help you to delete and reposition and add other info on your place on the map...

http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6163&postcount=1

Hope it helps!!:)

Di Sandland
25-08-2009, 04:39 PM

Nicola

Swim, woman, swim!

Rustic Charm
14-09-2009, 07:48 PM
have done it!!!!!!!!yay!:Y: did end up in the sea 1st try tho!

Solunar Silver Studio
14-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Oh!! Well Done Bridget!!! I can see you there!! Excellent!!:)))

Looks like we do have a couple of strays though...or really strong swimmers...like in the middle of the Indian Ocean!! ...and just the one Channel swimmer .... and a handful of off shore paddlers!! :rofl:

The numbers are going up though...46 names now, so that is encouraging!! We do have 540 active members out there so I think we have a way to go!!:-D

snow_imp
15-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Phew! I think I managed to add myself to the map - on the 4th attempt!

Anne

Gerry Kaspers
22-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Posted ok - but wished i'd thought of amusing descriptions and had photos ready so entry v boring...

Bit worried about all those folks in the sea - esp the lone swimmer in the Indian Ocean!

Gerry

Solunar Silver Studio
22-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Cor! I'ts been a long time since 'THE MAP' has graced the New Posts list! Well done for landing on it! We have had a huge percentage of forum members showing off their long distance swimming skills! :-D Who would have thought we would have had such a lot of laughs from one innocent little thread!

lesley
22-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Oh, I know - I'm still in the Indian Ocean! :D
I didn't say anything before because I'd only just joined and felt embarrassed.

Solunar Silver Studio
22-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Well - I didn't like to say it was you...but of course, now you have given us the heads up....there are 179 active members watching you splash into shore!!:rofl:

Mystic
22-10-2009, 07:06 PM
I can't do it:( everytime I try nothing works...........what am I doing wrong<:)-

Solunar Silver Studio
22-10-2009, 09:00 PM
I can't do it:( everytime I try nothing works...........what am I doing wrong<:)-

Have you tried following my rather pathetic attempt at a 'walkthrough'
http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/2744-post75.html I think it has helped some people...but then again I am a bit delusional!!:-D

amazingbabe
22-10-2009, 09:07 PM
I think i may be swimming somewhere there in that sea too, could not figure it all out oops:)

Solunar Silver Studio
22-10-2009, 09:19 PM
I can't see you anywhere Gayle... If you were swimming in the Indian Ocean then I think you may have gone down for the third time!! Have another go following my 'excellent' :D instructions...http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/2744-post75.html and see how you get on!!

bustagasket
22-10-2009, 09:25 PM
i think i keep drifting off the coast - i just hope that petes gets me back into the boat while hes out fishing!!

swageblock
07-11-2009, 10:26 PM
I seem to be stuck in Oregon.I`ll try to de-emigrate [?]tomorrow.

lilacmonkey
08-11-2009, 07:42 AM
i've added mine.
stu g

Solunar Silver Studio
08-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Hey you two...I am SO impressed!! I have been struggling for ages to get people to sign up and claim their spot on the map but very few are brave enough to take the challenge....and then 2 brand spanking new forumites get in there and give it a go!!! :))) WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

And Oregon...bah! ...no problem!!... If you hit planet earth on your first go then you are almost there!!

It is definitely a Sunday afternoon activity....you know...in that mellow spell - after lunch. Settle down with a bottle of your favourite pixie potion...and do a bit of world travel! ... Just remember that you need to be home for dinner/to put the kids to bed/put the cat out/watch MoTD2.... and plant your flag before you lock up for the night!!!:D

And for any one else who has got itchy feet (+o(!!) ...Have a look at this before you strike out into the unknown!!!...http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/2744-post75.html

Gemma
08-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Yay! Finally managed it :dancing:
(First I was in the sea off Bournemouth, then Cameroon but third time lucky :) )

Solunar Silver Studio
08-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Well done Gemma!! I've just been to visit and that's pretty much spot on!!!:Y:

I have noticed that there seems to have been a radical shift of Cornwall to the States with both Camborne and St Just showing up there!!

Lesley is still a-swimming in the Indian Ocean - still I guess it is warmer there this time of year.

Parts of Glasgow are still in Northern China - well, pretty close to Outer Mongolia to be honest!! ...and we have a Channel swimmer!!

I've just scrolled through this thread and thought it might be wise to attach this particular post nearer to the top for anyone that needs all the links to the map and 'how to do it' info to hand berfore starting their afternoon 'World Trip' !

http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/6163-post1.html

Have fun ...and remember to come and tell us all about it!!!:-D

lesley
08-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Phew! I've managed to swim ashore and make it home to Masham.
Had a few hairy moments but I'm still in one piece - just a little damp. :)

Di Sandland
08-11-2009, 12:59 PM
You must be awfully wrinkled, Lesley, you've been in that ocean for months now ;)

Gemma
08-11-2009, 01:52 PM
:-p
I found it easier to type in my location rather than click on the map- strange things seemed to happen if I clicked on the map!

lesley
08-11-2009, 04:22 PM
You must be awfully wrinkled, Lesley, you've been in that ocean for months now ;)

I'm a strong swimmer. I think I used to be a mermaid :D (sounds more romantic than a fish).

Dano
13-11-2009, 04:03 PM
go on then, just stuck meself on =)

Viverre
20-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Haha, I managed to add myself first time round - go me! :dance:

Solunar Silver Studio
20-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Excellent Nem!!=D> I am so impressed by new people who get straight in there!! ...you put others to shame!!:-D
Welcome to the forum by the way :~: - you slipped in rather sneakily there! You might not get the full "Cookies Welcome" unless you actually announce yourself on the 'Introduce Yourself' section ...but rest assured you will get a massive group hug if you do!!

Bigwol
08-12-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm on the map :)))

AlexandraBuckle
08-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Oooh, its a while since I've looked at the map - there's loads of markers on there!
:xmaswave:

elliboo
05-01-2010, 11:36 AM
I've added myself on to the map - there's lots markers

Dragonsmagic
05-01-2010, 08:10 PM
I've added myself to the map aswell but feeling a little lonely in Bolton all on my tod :( x

happy hacker
10-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Doesn't seem to be anyone near me. That can't be true......:snow:

lynnm
14-01-2010, 02:15 AM
I just keep getting a blank page :'(

knmoloney
19-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Me too!! Nothing seems to happen when I click on the link, just a blank page! I've registered though but can't for the life of me find the map :'( Found people that are marked on the map though and thought I'd find it through them but no such luck #-o Any help?

fastpig42
21-02-2010, 06:36 PM
:N: I just get a blank page too. Am I doing it wrong? :help:

agent_44
21-02-2010, 07:28 PM
I'm not sure what has happened to it. I set it up but don't have any control over it so it doesn't tell me anything.

Joe
29-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Platial.com seems to have died :'(

Is there any willingness to start again with Google Maps? Lots of people will already be signed up for Google for other things already.

If you've any of the data saved I could try to convert it for Google?

I'm quite keen to see if there are any local Ag bashers!