PDA

View Full Version : Best display method for shows and craft fairs? Advice please.

Jemart
20-02-2010, 01:52 PM
I am trying to plan my first craft fair table and would be grateful for any advice about how best to package, display and transport my jewellery.
Do I need to get a display case? Is it better to put things out boxed or on stands? Do you use lighting for your display?

caroleallen
20-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Lighting is absolutely essential. Go for halogen to make your jewellery sparkle. If you use a table, you need to get some height at the back. I don't display my jewellery in boxes but I know some people find it works for them.

Ominicci
21-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Halogen lights do make things sparkle, but my local (outdoor) market has banned them. I don't know why.

Others have also mentioned different heights on displays, as laying items out on a flat table is hard for people to see them to their full advantage.

lynnm
21-02-2010, 01:46 PM
My first craft fayre (wasn't jewellery) and I wasn't as busy as other so I took a good long look to see if anything was making the difference. What I saw was that displays that were multi levelled and lit had the most people looking. It does work to as I tried it myself.