PDA

View Full Version : Up-and-coming, young, talented, wickedly funny master jeweller from Sheffield

SilverKiss
18-02-2010, 10:43 AM
One of the things that you are going to have to put up with if you want to let me stay on this forum is my sense of humour. But my wife has had to do that for well over 30 years, so I don’t see why you shouldn’t.

OK, by now you are beginning to suspect that maybe one or two of the claims in my opening gambit are pushing the truth just a bit. Alright, I confess: I don’t live in Sheffield at all. It’s a place called Thurgoland, ‘bout 10 miles north.

I’ve been making jewellery for just about a year now. Took it up after retiring from a long career in IT. So, only a minor change, then. I have a trip up the M1 to York School of Jewellery once a week. It’s a great place to learn; so much so that I’ve never really felt the need to join this forum for advice etc. However, I have been lurking in the background and spying on you all since it was launched, so I feel like I know some of you quite well already. Be afraid. Except maybe you, Geti. I can have a rather straightforward (I call it honest) manner that can be misinterpreted. So maybe you can rest in the happy knowledge that you can take a rest now and again.

Seriously, if I ever offend, or even just talk b******s, tell me to shut up. After a few days crying myself to sleep, huddled and sobbing in a lonely, pitiful corner, I’ll crawl back with a grovelling apology.

I see there’s a thread for web sites, so I’ll add mine in there and you can see what I do.

Here’s wishing you all good luck.

snow_imp
18-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Wow Ian - great to meet you after that fine and detailed introduction - I'm sure Geti will welcome the chance to sit back and let you take over from him :welcome:

lorraineflee
18-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Hi Ian
You have some lovely items on your website! Welcome from another retiree!

Lorraine

SilverKiss
18-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Doh, my plan was to hold off for a few days, get all your appetites totally wetted and only then put my web site link up. Forgot that i put it in my sig. #-o

Di Sandland
18-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Oh, I love you already Silver ;)

Fi Wilson
18-02-2010, 11:29 AM
:~: Hi and welcome to the forum. Lovely work on your website.

Fi

Di Sandland
18-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Doh, my plan was to hold off for a few days, get all your appetites totally wetted and only then put my web site link up. Forgot that i put it in my sig. #-o

And I forgot to say that I love your work

SilverKiss
18-02-2010, 11:45 AM
a bit less focus on the "Silver" bit please, Di.

I encourage more of the Kiss.

xx

Di Sandland
18-02-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm a fellow silver - well I dye it dirty mouse but there's a ton (tonne?) of the moonmetal underneath.

Kermit
18-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Hello and welcome. I've just started at York School of Jewellery...... so seeing what you've been making is very interesting. Love it!

Jane x

snow_imp
18-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Sorry, also forgot to say 'lovely stuff on your webiste' - I really love the drop moonstone items - that was one lucky lady.

Lisa Quinn
18-02-2010, 02:07 PM

Hi Mr Kiss,

Glad you forgot about your signature, your work is tres gorgeous,

Welcome to the forum :~:

MuranoSilver
18-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Welcome to the forum from me too "Mr Kiss"
For some reason I'm now thinking of James Bond the original "Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang"
Arrrrgh you've ruined Bond for me already and you've only been here five minutes...
Now Bonds got a big hammer, kiss kiss smash some metal, bang bang....
(Wonder what kind of pieces he'd make? Now a patch on yours!)

Lol :welcome: to the forum and hope you'll bring plenty of your humour with you :Y:
nic xxx

Di Sandland
18-02-2010, 03:40 PM
er, we already have a Mr Bond, Nic!

Emerald
18-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Hi Ian welcome to the Forum i dont think Geti will rest i think he will just see you as his accomplice xx

Sunnybank
18-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Hi Ian, and welcome from me too, I went to Sheffield Polytechnic many, many moons ago when it really was Sheffield Polytechnic. Only had a quick peep at your site, but love what I saw, will have a proper look later.

MuranoSilver
18-02-2010, 04:58 PM
er, we already have a Mr Bond, Nic!
Oh my Gawd #-o
It's like a veritable convention of suave Jewellery types....
Now where's Geti???? He'll balance them off nicely - rofl
(only kidding - I'll wager you've got some pictures of you in a Penguin Suit somewhere haven't you....
bet you look the very soul of sophistication)
Nic xxx

lynnm
18-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Hello from me! Love your work! Enamelling is great isn't it? just done it a couple of times and will do more when funds allow

lesley
18-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Good evening young man. :~:

daisychain
18-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Great intro!!
Welcome to the group! You have some lovely work. I think the Dolphin Stones are my favourite - beautiful!

Ominicci
21-02-2010, 12:33 PM
And hello from me too :~:

Lovely work on your website!

AlexandraBuckle
21-02-2010, 04:30 PM
a belated welcome from me :~: