PDA

View Full Version : mothers day

angel85
16-02-2010, 03:45 PM
What have you guys been preparing with mother's day in mind?

lynnm
16-02-2010, 04:30 PM
I confess that since losing my Mum I haven't been inclined to do anything about it at all. Mother in Law gets a card I made but not a specially made one, just a stock on hubby writes 'Happy Mother's Day' in. It has been a long while now though (7 years) so maybe I should ...

abyjem
16-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Same here - my mum died 2 yars ago and OH's mum went a long time ago so sadly no mums to buy or make for - kinda takes the edge of it a bit:(

mizgeorge
16-02-2010, 10:32 PM
I have a feeling Angel85 (sorry, don't know your real name) was thinking about things for sale.

lynnm
17-02-2010, 02:31 AM
I have a feeling Angel85 (sorry, don't know your real name) was thinking about things for sale.

yes I think so to but I really haven't been able to put anything on my website for sale to do with Mothers Day

GillJewel
23-02-2010, 02:37 PM
As I don't sell, just make for pleasure I don't think I would make my dear old mum a piece. Re-enforced after this mornings trip down the high street.

You can't move for mothers day (and its not even flippin March!).
Everything from diamonds to Pandora style beads, all in typical mum pinks, whites and purples.

My guility secret I have to admit it I was in Argos (not buying jewellery..honest) and a gold MUM pendant was on show.... oh god preserve us. But I guess this sort of thing sells???????

So from this I guess pink beaded pieces, with an obvious Mum image/wording.

MuranoSilver
23-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Rose Quartz is a popular stone for Mothers Day gifts as it ticks all the Pink & warm/fuzzy boxes :)
Normally I advertise the Fingerprint pendants too....
Nic xx

Lindyloo
23-02-2010, 08:18 PM
My Mum never wears pink, so that would be no good for her.

caroleallen
23-02-2010, 09:38 PM
I don't think my sales are ever any different for Mother's Day.

kymbi
23-02-2010, 11:29 PM
I have found that the Friday and Saturday just before Mother's Day tends to be much busier at the craft market than usual, and jewellery with pearls is often the best sellers.

Valentine's Day is usually a wash-out as many men prefer to stick to flowers and chocs, but Mother's Day sees both men and women buying jewellery for mummies - and let's hope that this year is no different :Y:

silverrooms
11-03-2010, 06:40 PM
we have found that husbands and children have bought more than usual for mothers day this year - our range of silver bangles and cuffs has been particularly popular.

caroleallen
11-03-2010, 07:24 PM
What's your name Silverrooms? It all seems a bit impersonal at the moment as all we know about you (I think) is that you have a big site and sell stuff that other people make. Do you make any of it yourself?

stu_clouds
11-03-2010, 08:24 PM
its seeming a little pork luncheon meat at the moment all these referring too websites.

mizgeorge
11-03-2010, 09:32 PM
its seeming a little pork luncheon meat at the moment all these referring too websites.

Quite so ;)

ahunter
12-03-2010, 09:39 PM
I agree. Access & URL's in posts all deleted.
Thanks for spotting.

Regards

Adam H

Emerald
12-03-2010, 09:43 PM
I agree. Access & URL's in posts all deleted.
Thanks for spotting.

Regards

Adam H

well others seemed a bit slow off the mark!

MuranoSilver
12-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Nope "others" were busy reporting it to admin so the decision could be made ;)
nic x

Cathy at the Beach
09-04-2010, 12:51 PM
I"m doing a trunk sale at a really nice store the Sat before Mothers Day. Never done this before. I'm really looking forward to it.

Ominicci
11-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Ha ha Cathy - your Mother's Day (May 9th) is a different date to ours (which was March 14th). What exactly is a Trunk Sale - we probably have an equivalent but I have visions of either selling out of a car trunk (UK = car boot) or a clothes trunk (uk = suitcase)?

amazingbabe
12-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Ha ha Cathy - your Mother's Day (May 9th) is a different date to ours (which was March 14th). What exactly is a Trunk Sale - we probably have an equivalent but I have visions of either selling out of a car trunk (UK = car boot) or a clothes trunk (uk = suitcase)?

Our mothers day has been and gone here in Ireland but i never thought about other areas hmmmmmmmmmm..........