PDA

View Full Version : hallmarks

willow
13-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Please can someone tell me how long do Assay offices usually take to make a hallmark?
I've had a look through previous posts and can't find the answer to this, I sent for mine weeks ago, received a phone call about 3 weeks ago asking what size did I want, but nothing since.

Rustic Charm
13-02-2010, 01:16 PM
can depend on the office, mine is london and took about 6 weeks xx

willow
13-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks Bridget, mines Sheffield, guess I will have to be patient.

kymbi
13-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks Bridget, mines Sheffield, guess I will have to be patient.

'fraid so - mine took nearly 2 months in London, but it was over the summer period. At least you know they have received your application as they phoned about the size.

Sheltie
14-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Edinburgh is always very quick and mine have been down and back within the week, but more ususally they take about a week

lesley
14-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Willow, I sent off to Sheffield a couple of weeks ago. I had a 'phone call on Friday, as they had a query, and was told it would take another couple of weeks........depending how busy they were. :)

Gemma
14-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Edinburgh is always very quick and mine have been down and back within the week, but more ususally they take about a week

Hmm does that mean that when I finally decide to start sending stuff off to be hallmarked I should send it all the way up to Edinburgh?! Can I do that living all the way down south?

Trudy
14-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Hmm does that mean that when I finally decide to start sending stuff off to be hallmarked I should send it all the way up to Edinburgh?! Can I do that living all the way down south?

No I think that Willow is talking about getting the actual hallmark punch itself made...I could be wrong...

My hallmark took about 5 weeks to make but to get items hallmarked only takes around 5 days ish, I do mine in London.

lesley
14-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Yes, Gemma, I'm talking about getting the actual punch made.
I think you can only use the office that you registered with. I seem to remember that being mentioned before.

mizgeorge
14-02-2010, 04:05 PM
From memory, mine took about five days to make and register. The turnaround for pieces is less than a week unless I pay extra for same day.

You can use any office you choose, but you can only have pieces marked at the assay office you register with (unless you register with more than one office).

Gemma
14-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks guys :)
Haven't registered with anywhere yet! One day...