PDA

View Full Version : stockists

HannahJewelleryDesigns
04-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Hi all!
I've not been about for a bit as I have been quite busy trying to get stockists and applying for exhibitions and shows. I was wondering if any one else who sells through shops and galleries could answer me a question? How many pieces do you sell on average per month through each stockist? I guess Im trying to find out how many stockists I will need to create a decent turn over of stock, if that makes sense!
Cheers guys :~:

caroleallen
05-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Depends on the time of year Hannah. My galleries all do better in the summer than the winter. I usually sell between 5 and 10 things a month in the summer in each gallery. Most of my income comes from on-line sales and craft fairs. I'm doing the trade fair at Harrogate this year so I'm hoping for loads of orders from that. I think you have to have lots of irons in the fire to be successful.

HannahJewelleryDesigns
06-02-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks Carole,
thats about what I was expecting so I guess I better get back to work! I visited the BCTF in Harrogate last year and it was brilliant- spoke to several exhibitors as I would really like to do that one myself when im a bit more established. Everyone I spoke to said it was well organised and had great attendance so I hope it goes well for you. I will come and say Hi if I make it again this year!
:ta:

caroleallen
06-02-2010, 09:03 AM
That would be nice Hannah. Now I'd better get on and make something to show.