PDA

View Full Version : Noooooo!!

AlexandraBuckle
28-07-2009, 11:49 AM
I've just dropped a whole tub of tiny beads all over me and the floor!! Gah!!! :help:

For someone who makes very fiddly stuff that requires extreme patience and concentration - I can be soooo clumsy sometimes!!!!

Sorry, just had to share that with someone!

Anyone else been clumsy lately...?

kymbi
28-07-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm regularly clumsy I'm afraid! Yesterday I knocked over my pot of 2mm silver beads ~ I'd only added 1000 of them the day before...just adds a little variation to my working day #-o

Di Sandland
28-07-2009, 12:26 PM
If you have a pair of tights around somewhere, shove them over the end of the hoover nozzle and hoover them up. It works!

Di x

AlexandraBuckle
28-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Wow - wish i'd read about the hoover trick before I disappeared under the table to pick them all up by hand... Oh well, I'll know for next time - thanks for the tip!

The Bijou Dragon
28-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Welcome to my life :D

I regularly knock anything within arms reach of me over... I've done a tray of seed beads several times and the latest one was sitting at my PC desk with a bowl of water with a sieve full of steel shot from the tumbler I managed (even though it was far enough away) to knock it with my elbow... water and steel shot all over the place.

Luckily none of it spilled on my PC but it did go all over my graphics tablet though!

Are you like me though and have to sit and sort them all out if they are different colours? of can you just leave them all mixed up?

Sadly I would have to spend days with a pair of tweezers sorting things like seed beads back into their respective colours :">

AlexandraBuckle
28-07-2009, 02:03 PM
He he, luckily they were all the same bead! Else yes, would have had to sort them all out :)

Glad I'm not the only clumsy one!

Ominicci
28-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Not so bad when you only do one tube of beads - I knocked over one of those tower things that had 6 sections on each level, luckily only the top one didn't have it's lid on, but still, six diff types of beads to put back in the sections!!

bustagasket
28-07-2009, 02:39 PM
The other day my back was bad so i decided to sit in the lounge to finish working out the layout of my beads. i carefully carried everything in there, put my bead tray with its precious onyx and silver bead cargo on the settee and then, oh so carefully, sat myself down next to it.
i was soooo chuffed with myself for having got comfy with everything to hand. I took my beading mat out of the box and carefully placed it on my lap so that should any beads stray from the tray they would land in its softness, when..... out of the corner of my eye i saw it...............that feline form of torture.......... that queen of carnage...............Tibbs....................... .and she was heading my way!!!!.........oh my god i have everything laid out for her to jump on..........my precious beads....................so delicately placed............i decided to save that as it was the most likely to be destroyed, but in my haste to retrieve the tray so that she couldnt jump on it, i forgot that it was as light as a feather and so, ....in that awful slow motion action that always happenes when you do something that you just cant stop yourself from doing, ....i grabbed the tray too fast and watched as all my precious onyx and silver beads flew into the air, they tumbled down so prettily all over me, and the settee and all my tools, and disappeared into every crevice imaginable.

Cussing and swearing at a very smug and innocent looking furball sitting on the window sill, I tried to retrieve as many as i could without moving a muscle, and then when i thought i couldnt feel anymore, i got up and emptied off the settee, retrieved a couple more and then, with my back protesting louding, i tipped up the settee and started grovelling about in the lining at the bottom. But it was too late, they were gone, disappeared in a cloud of furry dust......i mean fairy dust. Perhaps one day they will resurface again, but that darn cat gets an evil look in her eye every time i bring my stuff into the lounge!

The Bijou Dragon
28-07-2009, 03:04 PM
I used to have two Cockatiels... Squeaky was lovely, really well behaved but Jellybean... he was an absolutely nightmare!!!

He would help himself to beads which meant I had to chase him down and wrestle it from his beak and if I so much as left one minute seed bead ANYWHERE in the living room he would find it and chew it LOL

That went for bits of metal too... absolute nightmare he was!

He did love beads though... or indeed anything upon my desk.

Unfortunately we had to re-home them because my OH was rushed into hospital with respiratory failure late one night and we found out he had Extrinsic Allergic Aveolitis which was caused by the dust from my birdies feathers. Very, very sad but I'd rather keep my OH alive and well and the guy who re-homed them for us was lovely :'(

It's so nice to be able to leave stray beads on my keyboard these days and not have to constantly wrestle them from Beanies beak lol

They did also love earrings too. They'd pull the ball closures from my piercings if I wasn't quick enough to turn away, unclip my earrings and squeeze the gap between my ear and the stud until the back pinged off and they had their prize... little sods they were (but I did love them and still miss them loads as it was only two months ago )

You're so brave beading with cats on the loose though!!

EmmaRose
28-07-2009, 03:50 PM
I don't even have to look at them let alone touch those beads and somehow they are everywhere!
Em

AlexandraBuckle
28-07-2009, 06:26 PM
He he, loving everyone's beading cat-astrophes :)
At least my beads were really cheap seed beads. I recovered most of them - enough for my project anyway! If I run out I'll have to go hunting!

EmmaRose
28-07-2009, 06:28 PM
He he, loving everyone's beading cat-astrophes :)
At least my beads were really cheap seed beads. I recovered most of them - enough for my project anyway! If I run out I'll have to go hunting!

oh an excuse to go shopping :-)