PDA

View Full Version : Help please

lynnm
30-01-2010, 06:25 AM
I bought a PMC syringe months ago and decided this week to use it to do some filigree. Getting nervous now though and was wondering if anyone has any tips for me?

MuranoSilver
30-01-2010, 06:57 AM
Are you doing the filigree over a cork form or is it filling in on a silver clay piece?

lynnm
30-01-2010, 07:40 AM
It's filling in. I have cut out a square (with the middle cut out) so it is like a frame

MuranoSilver
30-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Hi Lynn
I normally use a little water-brush to moisten the edge slightly and then make sure to really connect the first join and edge points. Don't leave the gaps too big as syringe isn't massively strong :)
Once dry I turn it over and use more syringe, strengthening any areas that look like they're not joined fully or need some extra support.
nic x

lynnm
30-01-2010, 03:37 PM
thanks... and when I used Icing I could use a damp brush to tidy, for example the ends will show can I 'flatten' them with PMC?

MuranoSilver
30-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Yes you can use a water brush OR if it's only a little I used to just fill and sand :)
Nicx

lynnm
30-01-2010, 03:50 PM
again thanks... must confess I took it out of the packet... and then chickened out again! :-D Really must have a pop. Do you find the hole in the tube to small? Not sure whether to cut it down a bit

MuranoSilver
30-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Nope I find the hole just right - but then I buy the 3 nozzle syringe packs
(so I get small medium & Large)
Give it a go - as long as you keep the opened syringe in a glass of water
with about an inch of water in the bottom, then syringes last for months and months (possibly forever, lol)
nic x

lynnm
30-01-2010, 04:03 PM
no idea what mine is... got it from Cookies that's all I remember. Well I have to do housework tomorrow, don't you feel sorry for me? One thing I need to do is apply myself to 'proper hours' and less scardey cat. Watch this space!