PDA

View Full Version : The big Day Looms

Carl Martin
29-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Well tomorrow is supposed to be the big day for my mention of my courses and jewellery in the Daily Telegraph (weekend supplement I think). No idea if it's going to be two sentences or 2 paragraphs.

Am like a cat on hot bricks at the moment. EEEEK

And just to put the icing on the cake I got my first International sale of my lampworking and jewellery tools I make, from a lampworker in France.

lynnm
29-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Confess I don't read the Telegraph but would be interested in seeing what's in it. Well done for both achievements!!!http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/lynnwithoutane/smilies/well%20done%20and%20thank%20you/green-thumb_sml.gif
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/lynnwithoutane/smilies/well%20done%20and%20thank%20you/bshapes20100.gif

Jayne
29-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Ooh, well done Carl!! What a coup! How d'u manage that then??
J x

daisychain
29-01-2010, 10:05 PM
That's great Carl! Congrats!
My parents get the Telegraph so I'll ask them to save it for me.

MuranoSilver
30-01-2010, 01:14 AM
WOW - double congratulations - I'll have to buy the Telegraph tomorrow :)
Nic x

Petal
30-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Huge Congratulations Carl - :))) I bet that phone of yours will be ringing all hours ! :dancing:

Way to go ...

Carl Martin
30-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Thank you very much for your kind words. It's in there ,for those that haven't seen it, The Saturday Weekend section of the Telegraph is devoted to crafts and courses and I'm the only Silversmith / Jeweller featured as one of the top 50 UK weekend courses. Got a nice couple of paragraphs, must say looking at my website stats it's gone a tad mad today. :):):)

lynnm
30-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Thank you very much for your kind words. It's in there ,for those that haven't seen it, The Saturday Weekend section of the Telegraph is devoted to crafts and courses and I'm the only Silversmith / Jeweller featured as one of the top 50 UK weekend courses. Got a nice couple of paragraphs, must say looking at my website stats it's gone a tad mad today. :):):)

That's fantastic! and it will go on after today as people take a good look in the week to!

mizgeorge
30-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Well done Carl,l but I have to ask how on earth they drew up the list? I thought you'd only just started doing the courses? And who did they compare?

Carl Martin
30-01-2010, 08:15 PM
LMFAO - Cheers George , I suppose 14 yrs and teaching for 8 isn't long enough for some,Well there is always one isn't there. I will not stoop so low as to say anything more on that comment.

lesley
31-01-2010, 02:40 AM
Hey Carl, we always get The Telegraph and I gave a little squeak when I saw you in there! Hope the mad stats lead to something. :)

MuranoSilver
31-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Lol - I went and bought it just to see your entry =D>
Well done on getting in and I hope it brings you LOADS of business
(I remember why I normally get the Mail now though, bloomin foldy papers too large to read proper like, without major oragami! lol)
Nic xx

Lisa Quinn
31-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Congratulations Carl, you are a real inspiration. I also intend to open a teaching studio in a few years time so have been following the opening of your studio and and the development of your website with great interest, quite clearly hard work, determination and focus does pay off. I bet you are soooo glad that you had the courage to leave your job last year and start this project, well done, I only hope that I can make such a success out of my venture so quickly. Thanks for sharing your news.