PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed on my website please

jools02
25-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Hello everybody,

I've finally got my Silver Fingerprint Jewellery website up and running after months of hard work - still got quite a few items to add. I would be grateful for any comments!
Thank you!
www.preciouspinkies.co.uk (http://preciouspinkies.co.uk)

Jayne
26-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Yup, I like it!
Love the name, love the look of the site - really fun looking logo.
Everything is clear & straightforward, links work, thumbs up from me :Y:
J x

AlexandraBuckle
26-01-2010, 08:49 AM
All looks very good :Y:

agent_44
26-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Looks good, clean, consistent and easy to navigate. :) One thing I would suggest is getting rid of the large white gap between the text and the products on the home page, as I think you might find the test is off screen for most people and it could be easily missed/ignored. Unless, obviously that is your intention.

amazingbabe
26-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Very nice, gorgeous items xxx:Y:

jools02
26-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Wow thanks everybody! :ta:

One thing I would suggest is getting rid of the large white gap between the text and the products on the home page, as I think you might find the test is off screen for most people and it could be easily missed/ignored. Unless, obviously that is your intention.

I have tried in vain to do this many times but its because my pictures are contained within a table and I can't seem to make the bottom of this table smaller, hence the gap#-o

agent_44
26-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Wow thanks everybody! :ta:

I have tried in vain to do this many times but its because my pictures are contained within a table and I can't seem to make the bottom of this table smaller, hence the gap#-o

Looking at the source for the page, between the close of the table and the text you have this HTML:

&nbsp;&nbsp;<br />
<span style="font-family: Arial"><strong></strong></span></div>
<div align="left"></div>
<div align="left"><span style="font-family: Arial"><strong></strong></span>&nbsp;</div>
<div align="left"><span style="font-family: Arial"><strong></strong></span>&nbsp;</div>

<div align="left"><span style="font-family: Arial"><strong></strong></span>&nbsp; </div>
<div align="left"><font size="2"><span lang="EN">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p align="center">&nbsp;<br />
<br />
</font></span>

This is what's adding the white space if you can remove it you should close up the gap significantly.

jools02
26-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Thanks Lucinda 've taken your advice and its looking much better! :ta: