PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Gold

geti-titanium
25-01-2010, 10:08 PM
I sold an 18K and Titanium ring on Friday to a customer and he is requesting confirmation that the gold we buy is ethically sourced. I rang Cooksons for their ethical gold policy, but haven't had a response yet. Is there any information available as to whether the gold that Cooksons buy is ethically sourced or is there a policy that I can show my customer to put his mind at rest?

Di Sandland
26-01-2010, 01:12 AM
Alan, I remember this being discussed once before but for the life of me can't remember which thread :( Not much help, really, am I? But I know there is a definite ethical policy. Will take a look

Di Sandland
26-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Here (http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/customer-service-ask-experts/1410-metal-sourcing-ethical-questions.html) you go, m'dear!

geti-titanium
26-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Muchisimas gracias Di :)

Lisa Quinn
26-01-2010, 12:43 PM
There was a programme on Radio 4 a few months ago where this issue was discussed and Cooksons did have a representative on the show who I seem to remember, suggested the only gold that you could be 100% sure was ethically sound was from small mines excluded from the long processing chain, for example, Cloddagh gold where you could be certain of it's origin.