PDA

View Full Version : Pendant drill motor , seco / milbro

deepstorage
20-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Hi , I am interested to find out if anyone has experiance with either the Seco or Milbro pendant drills available on the cooksons website. Im looking for something that can be subtle and gentle but can also support bigger jobs with more aggression, an all rounder I guess.

It states that the Milbro 18000 rpm model is only to be used at high speeds? Is this true? Is the 1/5 hp motor too powerful to work well at slow speeds?. I was wondering whether its the same with the Seco 20000 rpm model ? Would it be wise to go for a lower hp model ? although Im worried these may be reducing my options when it comes to dealing with bigger work.

any advice will be greatfully appreciated.

Sunnybank
20-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Sorry can't help, but hi!

WitchfordSilver
20-01-2010, 08:08 PM
With luck someone with more knowledge will pop up soon, but i’ve got an old serco which works well, but it’s old and has limited speed control.
The foot peddle has about 5 discrete speeds, it not fully variable. But does all i want.

Welcome to the forum.

caroleallen
20-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi.

I don't have any problems with my Milbro at either low or high speed. In fact I love it. I'd always recommend a quick release handpiece though.

Lisa Quinn
20-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Hi.

I don't have any problems with my Milbro at either low or high speed. In fact I love it. I'd always recommend a quick release handpiece though.

Definitely agree on the quick release handpiece, it is worth every penny.

lorraineflee
21-01-2010, 10:13 AM
No advice or info, but, welcome to the forum!
Lorraine

deepstorage
21-01-2010, 03:08 PM
can i ask caroleallen, Is your milbro motor the 12000 rpm or the 18000 rpm model?

Thanks,