PDA

View Full Version : Matting punches

Caroline
20-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Hi
I see you have lots of matting punches in the sale and I was looking to purchase one. I am not sure which one to get as they all look so similar and I don't have an up to date catalogue in which to see the patterns. Any advice would be very helpful - I just wanted to use them for texturing metal.
Please help!
Thanks
Caroline

Petal
20-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Hiya,
Until you posted your question, I'd never heard of matting punches.

I had a quick look on the Cookies site and if you click on each punch, then zoom in, you should be able to see the difference in each one. I must admit when I first saw your post, I thought you'd made a typo, as I had never heard of matting punches, only doming/dapping punches - you learn something new every day on this site.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend any specific ones, as I've never used them before, but someone is bound to be along soon, to help you out.

:~:

Di Sandland
21-01-2010, 10:48 AM
I had a quick look on the Cookies site and if you click on each punch, then zoom in, you should be able to see the difference in each one. I must admit when I first saw your post, I thought you'd made a typo, as I had never heard of matting punches, only doming/dapping punches - you learn something new every day on this site.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend any specific ones, as I've never used them before, but someone is bound to be along soon, to help you out.

:~:

Jules, this is just a 'fill in' pattern for printing purposes. The punches all have very specific designs on them in the catalogue. I'll leave it to cookies to tell you what they are as I am neglecting the mortgage paying work atm

Rob Taylor
21-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Hi

The punches all have a honeycomb design but the heads of each are all different shapes and sizes. They are all small though, definitely not for large areas. The line drawings are representative.

Rob

Di Sandland
21-01-2010, 02:04 PM
ah, sorry got it wrong then. When I looked them up in my Cookbook they had trefoils and things on them. Perhaps I didn't look at the numbers properly - I was rather frazzled and surrounded by sofas at the time ;)

Caroline
26-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks Rob, will try and make my mind up - it is difficult to tell size as there are no dimensions.
Caroline