PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Bromley

Taksbt
17-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Hello :~:

My name is Tracey and I've recently taken up making & designing silver jewellery after attending a weekend course at Flux & Flame in Dorset which was absolutely brilliant.

My husband has bought me some basic tools for Christmas and I am desperate to get using them!!!

However, I cannot find a suitable course locally. I can dedicate most days to a course as my youngest son is due to go off to school in September, by which time I'd like to be in a position to make jewellery full time.

If anyone can recommend good courses I'd be really grateful.

Kind regards

Tracey

MuranoSilver
17-01-2010, 11:43 PM
:welcome: to the forum Tracey -
Sorry I don't know any courses in kent but a few forum members are from round there.
Hopefully they'll provide the answer you're seeking :)

lynnm
18-01-2010, 03:48 AM
I don't know either but welcome from me! :~:

amazingbabe
18-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Welcome to the forum, i'm sure you will find all your answers on here ... Its a wealth of information:welcome:

lorraineflee
18-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi welcome from me too.
Lorraine

Fi Wilson
18-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Hello from me too! :~:

Fi

Tigerlily
18-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Hello :~:

My name is Tracey and I've recently taken up making & designing silver jewellery after attending a weekend course at Flux & Flame in Dorset which was absolutely brilliant.

My husband has bought me some basic tools for Christmas and I am desperate to get using them!!!

However, I cannot find a suitable course locally. I can dedicate most days to a course as my youngest son is due to go off to school in September, by which time I'd like to be in a position to make jewellery full time.

If anyone can recommend good courses I'd be really grateful.

Kind regards

Tracey

Hello Tracey from me too!! :~:

Sorry I don't know of any courses near you, although to be honest I have struggled to find a beginners course (with availability) by me too! So have invested in some beginners books which seem to be very helpful, and combined with some invaluable help from lovely experts ;)

x x

kymbi
18-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Welcome Tracey,

I think that Bromley Adult Education run part-time courses for jewellery making and design, but these will just be 2-3 hours a week. The courses normally start in September, but you might be able to jump in the second term if they have places. I don't know if they do any short courses.

If you can get up to town, some of the jewellers in Hatton Garden run short-courses, as does the London Jewellery School.

Rustic Charm
18-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Hello and welcome!!! xx:~:

Gemma
18-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Hi Tracey and :welcome: from me too

snow_imp
19-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Hi Tracey and welcome

WitchfordSilver
19-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Hi and a big :welcome: