Di x

MuranoSilver
27-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Noooooooo - have you phoned the Tammiflu gift line yet?? +o(
Nic x

Solunar Silver Studio
27-07-2009, 02:25 PM
No![-X Not allowed!
You know we discussed 'evil brews' earlier...I have this link that you may care to look at...but you do so at your own risk!!!
http://www.robin-grant.com/Recipes/ChetDayNaturalTonic.pdf

This is the ultimate evil brew in my family...in fact, I'm the only one that will still risk it! and I have not had a cold for years now! You need a cast iron stomach to hold it down but once it is 'in' it does a wonderful job!. It contains all the anti bacterial, anti fungal, anti viral, anti anything nasty, natural food ingredients known to man...or more or less! And even vindaloo eaters know when they have had a dose! I have a little bottle of it that sits 'pinkly' at the back of the fridge ready for the slightest sniffle....

I can't vouch for its effectivness for flu of the piggy variety though!

Barbara[]

The Bijou Dragon
27-07-2009, 02:48 PM
I just had flu, apparently the Swine Flu is characterised by a fever (which I didn't have) and there is a nasty plain ol' flu going around which actually kills more people per year than Swine Flu has so don't panic and ignore the media hysteria :)

Not that I'm saying don't get checked out rather you don't hear the media going on about the thousands of people who die of normal flu every year!

Hope you get better real soon though []

BTW - My course of treatment... 1 x 1000mg effervescent Vitamin C tablet and an a-z miltivitamin and mineral tablet every night. Also lots and lots of fresh fruit juices and no milk (only Soy milk which I actually like anyway), junk foods etc.

Di Sandland
27-07-2009, 03:33 PM
I think I'm probably just knackered and feeling sorry for myself. Number one son had a bad bout of tonsillitis last week, which could be a factor. I do have a fever, a headache, and a sore throat and last night was up reading the board at about 4 am because I couldn't stop coughing...

I haven't bothered with the tamiflu gift service because I know I will tick all the boxes yet might not have it at all (ex health professional and current cynic).

I'll take a look at your recipe, Barbara :eek: then I'm off back to me bed.

Thanks all, keep sparkling +o(

Di x

AlexandraBuckle
27-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Oh no!! get better soon Di xxx I-)

julie
27-07-2009, 03:42 PM
hope it's not the "piggy flu" di & you better soon ...[]

Ominicci
28-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Here's hoping you are better soon Di.

Barabara - that tonic looks lethal!! Well it would be for me as I wouldn't even eat one of those things on their own in a recipe (except onions) so all of them together would cause some unthinkable reactions in my body!!! Perhaps that's what it's supposed to do - to take your mind off what's wrong with you??

Solunar Silver Studio
28-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Barabara - that tonic looks lethal!! Well it would be for me as I wouldn't even eat one of those things on their own in a recipe (except onions) so all of them together would cause some unthinkable reactions in my body!!! Perhaps that's what it's supposed to do - to take your mind off what's wrong with you??

Ha ha ha ha...:-D You'd better believe it!! Ever heard of kill or cure!!!:-D Seriously though...it really does seem to work...afterall no self respecting bacteria/virus/fungus would dare show itself with such a brew around!
Barbara

Di Sandland
28-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Seriously though...it really does seem to work...afterall no self respecting bacteria/virus/fungus would dare show itself with such a brew around!

It certainly makes you sweat! I've used it instead of the dreaded Tamiflu [-o<

AlexandraBuckle
28-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Goodness! I just read the ingredients! Eeek! Hope it works out xx

Solunar Silver Studio
28-07-2009, 02:10 PM
What a brave woman!! How many times did you have to swallow to keep it down?? And the burn...OH the burn!!!! Gor...luvverly stuff!! Hope it works for you![[]]
Barbara

EmmaRose
28-07-2009, 04:56 PM
get well soon! My fiance's Mum has swine flu....apparently. but given they don't even diagnose properly anymore (I thought you get fever with ordinary flu too??otherwise why even bother having to send stuff off to confirm it!) basically everything is swine flu now LOL ;-). Poor FIL to be has been quarantined in house and has to sit round waiting to get it!!
:-(
E

caroleallen
28-07-2009, 07:15 PM
A couple of weeks ago my OH had all the symptoms - temperature, coughing, aches and pains etc. He did a swab test and it came back negative. There seem to be loads of things going at the moment which seem very similar to flu.